- Joined
- 19 February 2019
- Messages
- 45,077
- Reactions Received
- 52,953
- Location
- Rosé's World
- Website
- nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 172,108
- Fandom
- GoldenStar
- Gender
- Male
This being my 600th thread on KS forum, n a few things over last week i wanted to post this story/recap of how i came across/wat i rmbr of how i started to stan SNSD/Girls' Generation, a few details are blurry/forgotten:
"...I literally cannot remember when I started being a fan of SNSD. Definitely not as early as August 2007 so not been a Sone for 11 years. When ‘Gee’ came out I heard it and probably watched their YouTube videos and liked them. Then later I remember seeing their MV for either Mr. Taxi or Mr. Mr. on a large screen TV in an electronics store in a shopping center and was mesmerised by them for a long while there. I kept going back and forth for I don’t know how long to watch the music videos on the multiple screens and I can say I was hooked then. Unfortunately I never went to their concerts when they came to where i was working either in 2011 or 2013. Or nearby home country performances at a free concert either. (The less said about a kpop festival tat got cancelled in 2013 the better, you can google it-I did just a few days ago and that’s how I know it was even planned-any pangs now of missing the 4 shows that happened are overcome by relief from not blowing money on a cancelled/postponed event/feel sorry for people who spent their hard earned money on something cancelled or postponed involving SNSD). I didn’t have an IPod or CD Walkman or iTunes or any music downloads on my phone so only watched their videos sporadically on YouTube. Then the great Separation came a few years later, my bias Jessica left SNSD and I kinda dropped out of all involvement in stanning any of the nine girls, not out of anything but my attention was better off into my English language likes-Vienna Teng & Rachael Yamagata. They even came to country where i was w to perform and I went to see their shows and there was no drama like in 20140930. There was also Tori Amos and Suzanne Vega, only Tori Amos I’ve never seen perform live on here (I watched her twice in London during 1990s Cornflake Girl tour). More drama in late 2017 when people thought SNSD broke up when three members broke away from SM the company that formed Girls’ Generation. The members deflated that by saying the group of 8 girls were still SNSD but only five girls were still signed to the company owning the brand. Complicated, huh? I read about but thought it didn’t concern me as I thought as Jessica was not a member-that’s their business, I hadn’t been following them since the beginning and only liked them for those few years when I first learned about them until even before Jessica left because they seemed more focused on TTS (TaeTiSeo;a sub-unit consisting of TaeYeon, great singer; Tiffany, cute hyper personality and SeoHyun, serious maknae). I didn’t have much interest in them as much as I did Jessica so bypassed that era (didn’t know Jessica chose to [or wasn’t asked] focus on other things at the time like musical theatre, speculation only obviously since parties involved have said publically it’s Jessica’s choice but I’m not sure it’s confirmed or denied. Water under bridge now.
Which brings us to this year of SNSD’s 11th anniversary which I was oblivious to until somehow I stumbled onto youtube’s video of SNSD dancing not to their own songs but other kpop songs on a variety show to promote last year’s 10th anniversary double titled All Night|Holiday single/korean language album and even though Jessica wasn’t there it reignited whatever attracted me that earlier times and I finally got into recognising/memorizing names and attributes of all eight remaining members at that time. And realising SNSD without Jessica is special although I still think OT9 is my favourite, this isn’t the darkest timeline-that would be one that had a darker split after 20140930 where they’re enemies and a bigger blow-up happened where Jessica left Korea and went back to USA and never returned to South Korea or something like that. I’m glad that never happened and although I’m sad what happened did happen, it’s not as bad as it could have been, i.e. Jessica didn’t even have to sue to get out of her contract in 2015,(maybe her new company representing her bought out her contract, I think it could be but it’s just speculation).
When Tiffany on her IG Made a Spotify Morning Makeup song mix, I joined Spotify free 30 day free trial and been listening to Soshi almost daily. Am looking forward to Girl Forest reality program and new songs this year. Might even upgrade to Spotify premium to listen. Love the Instagram updates from all 9 originals.
That’s my Sone story, as best I can remember/tell it, for now."
some details (which i wont correct) are misrmbrd(copied from my blog) but broad details are correct.
I hv no point rlly, (since i already made a thread for the occasion of 7000 posts). I just wanted to make this thread.
@Sone
SNSD songs tat i knew abt bk then, but google/youtube failed me or i just dint know enuf to find/read comments, learn abt kpop forums in 2009 or translation sites or much of anything. Sigh, such a wasted time for me when it came to kpop.
"...I literally cannot remember when I started being a fan of SNSD. Definitely not as early as August 2007 so not been a Sone for 11 years. When ‘Gee’ came out I heard it and probably watched their YouTube videos and liked them. Then later I remember seeing their MV for either Mr. Taxi or Mr. Mr. on a large screen TV in an electronics store in a shopping center and was mesmerised by them for a long while there. I kept going back and forth for I don’t know how long to watch the music videos on the multiple screens and I can say I was hooked then. Unfortunately I never went to their concerts when they came to where i was working either in 2011 or 2013. Or nearby home country performances at a free concert either. (The less said about a kpop festival tat got cancelled in 2013 the better, you can google it-I did just a few days ago and that’s how I know it was even planned-any pangs now of missing the 4 shows that happened are overcome by relief from not blowing money on a cancelled/postponed event/feel sorry for people who spent their hard earned money on something cancelled or postponed involving SNSD). I didn’t have an IPod or CD Walkman or iTunes or any music downloads on my phone so only watched their videos sporadically on YouTube. Then the great Separation came a few years later, my bias Jessica left SNSD and I kinda dropped out of all involvement in stanning any of the nine girls, not out of anything but my attention was better off into my English language likes-Vienna Teng & Rachael Yamagata. They even came to country where i was w to perform and I went to see their shows and there was no drama like in 20140930. There was also Tori Amos and Suzanne Vega, only Tori Amos I’ve never seen perform live on here (I watched her twice in London during 1990s Cornflake Girl tour). More drama in late 2017 when people thought SNSD broke up when three members broke away from SM the company that formed Girls’ Generation. The members deflated that by saying the group of 8 girls were still SNSD but only five girls were still signed to the company owning the brand. Complicated, huh? I read about but thought it didn’t concern me as I thought as Jessica was not a member-that’s their business, I hadn’t been following them since the beginning and only liked them for those few years when I first learned about them until even before Jessica left because they seemed more focused on TTS (TaeTiSeo;a sub-unit consisting of TaeYeon, great singer; Tiffany, cute hyper personality and SeoHyun, serious maknae). I didn’t have much interest in them as much as I did Jessica so bypassed that era (didn’t know Jessica chose to [or wasn’t asked] focus on other things at the time like musical theatre, speculation only obviously since parties involved have said publically it’s Jessica’s choice but I’m not sure it’s confirmed or denied. Water under bridge now.
Which brings us to this year of SNSD’s 11th anniversary which I was oblivious to until somehow I stumbled onto youtube’s video of SNSD dancing not to their own songs but other kpop songs on a variety show to promote last year’s 10th anniversary double titled All Night|Holiday single/korean language album and even though Jessica wasn’t there it reignited whatever attracted me that earlier times and I finally got into recognising/memorizing names and attributes of all eight remaining members at that time. And realising SNSD without Jessica is special although I still think OT9 is my favourite, this isn’t the darkest timeline-that would be one that had a darker split after 20140930 where they’re enemies and a bigger blow-up happened where Jessica left Korea and went back to USA and never returned to South Korea or something like that. I’m glad that never happened and although I’m sad what happened did happen, it’s not as bad as it could have been, i.e. Jessica didn’t even have to sue to get out of her contract in 2015,(maybe her new company representing her bought out her contract, I think it could be but it’s just speculation).
When Tiffany on her IG Made a Spotify Morning Makeup song mix, I joined Spotify free 30 day free trial and been listening to Soshi almost daily. Am looking forward to Girl Forest reality program and new songs this year. Might even upgrade to Spotify premium to listen. Love the Instagram updates from all 9 originals.
That’s my Sone story, as best I can remember/tell it, for now."
some details (which i wont correct) are misrmbrd(copied from my blog) but broad details are correct.
I hv no point rlly, (since i already made a thread for the occasion of 7000 posts). I just wanted to make this thread.
@Sone
SNSD songs tat i knew abt bk then, but google/youtube failed me or i just dint know enuf to find/read comments, learn abt kpop forums in 2009 or translation sites or much of anything. Sigh, such a wasted time for me when it came to kpop.