A little bit about my experience on the artist threads I'm posting on....... (3 Viewers)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
My history as artist threads keeper has been one of loneliness. The Dreamcatcher one was fairly active by when I took over; but it became almost a desert while I was daily updating it. My other threads can also be described as deserts.

PassCode Artist Thread
My first ever artist thread. Okay, true that before this one, I was in charge of the Dreamcatcher one; but that one wasn't started by me. By the time I started this thread, PassCode was still second while Dreamcatcher was my ult bias group. Possibly, this thread played a major role on PassCode overtaking Dreamcatcher and becoming my ult bias group.

Kolokol Artist Thread
I approached this thread differently from the others. I kept it "under construction" for a few months while posting stuff from a single member only. It was somehow a playground to get to know the girls in a more relaxed way than the others. It's no longer "under construction" and I update it daily (or almost daily) along with the others.

NEO JAPONISM Artist Thread
Not one that was initiated by me; but by @Mei_Ying (more accurately, @Mairi). When she announced a hiatus that'd last for about a year, I set myself to get it. Well, her hiatus wasn't that long, and I offered it back when she returned; yet I'm still in charge of it and I update it daily, usually right after updating the PassCode one.

Zsasz Appreciation Thread
Not an official artist thread; but one that I'm keeping as if it were. I'm more hooked up to Zsasz than ever possibly due to this thread; I don't think I'll wait 6 or 8 months for a comeback to decide on whether or not I stan. It'll happen much sooner. Music plays the biggest role in the beginning and possibly always; but getting attached to the members is part of stanning. I think I'm doing so with this group.

Dreamcatcher Artist Thread
I don't op this one, and I prefer it to stay so. I post on it daily just because it's easy and because I get a bigger post count out of it. :taesip: But really, this place is where the bulk of my posts reside, and I'm more or less attached to it. Yet, I'm doing it mostly because I felt the thread was essentially abandoned. It's still a desert however.



Well, that's it. I think I more or less summarized my experience on artist threads here. If you are in charge of an artist thread, and feel compelled to share, please, do tell about your experience.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, I was surprised to see you back so early. And BTW, whenever you want it back, just ask. Just that the total amount of posts of mine already surpass the equivalent of 25 pages.
No problem :)) :saranghae:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I think most artist threads are like that though tbh.
:sanapray:

I'm OP for; DC (as you know), Evergow, IDLE, Apink, IU and K/DA. I keep the OP's updated with latest comeback/discography information as those coming to the thread/learning about the group will find it useful. But I don't keep them "active" per-say and that's more of a community/fandom effort rather than just the OP. And to be honest, as people became less interested in the artist threads it really does feel lonely so to avoid that emptiness I don't post. So I stick with managing the OPs only.

I tried to get my artist threads active awhile back. I even made a thread about who I'd go about doing it lol. At the first of each month, I'd tag the fandom in the artist thread with a message asking them to post something or drop a few comments about the group etc. Unfortunately, it didn't generate activity so I gave up lol.

The only threads of mine that see activity in is the Everglow one which @RunningMan and I keep updated from time to time. And the IU one thanks to @Xeulgi, which I just noticed I lost notifications for and have seen she's still keeping it active and now I need to go and like all the posts LOL!.
:maheart::nekolove:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think most artist threads are like that though tbh.
:sanapray:

I'm OP for; DC (as you know), Evergow, IDLE, Apink, IU and K/DA. I keep the OP's updated with latest comeback/discography information as those coming to the thread/learning about the group will find it useful. But I don't keep them "active" per-say and that's more of a community/fandom effort rather than just the OP. And to be honest, as people became less interested in the artist threads it really does feel lonely so to avoid that emptiness I don't post. So I stick with managing the OPs only.

I tried to get my artist threads active awhile back. I even made a thread about who I'd go about doing it lol. At the first of each month, I'd tag the fandom in the artist thread with a message asking them to post something or drop a few comments about the group etc. Unfortunately, it didn't generate activity so I gave up lol.

The only threads of mine that see activity in is the Everglow one which @RunningMan and I keep updated from time to time. And the IU one thanks to @Xeulgi, which I just noticed I lost notifications for and have seen she's still keeping it active and now I need to go and like all the posts LOL!.
:maheart::nekolove:
Hey running man and i post in IZONE....... or did ( i am not good today
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
i have multiple artist threads that i'm in charge of, and i mean multiple

i am not the op for the wayv thread or hendery thread but i update them when i can
i am the op for wayv's kun winwin xiaojun and yangyang threads in the china section
i'm the op for x1 victon 3racha han jisung hyunjin bangchan vocalracha itzy p1harmony nct dream kim wooseok kim yohan wei jinyoung woodz and youngjae thread and I might even be missing some of them that I also do the OP for. So I am always having content that I need to update.
thankfully i don't have to update the itzy thread bc the lovely @Xeulgi does so for us
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Hey running man and i post in IZONE....... or did ( i am not good today
Running Man is easily one of the most dedicated for artist threads. Everglow's content is a bit scarce at the moment, but a comeback is imminent so I expect us both to bring new life to the thread once more lol.

Aww. I hope you feel better Rand. It's a shame about IZ*ONE and I was certainly expecting a different outcome for the group on account of their success.
:maheart: :sanapray:

It's a shame that artist threads don't get more attention. Usually, a new thread is more effective on getting people's attention than a post on an artist thread (with tagging.)
It really is.
:sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Running Man is easily one of the most dedicated for artist threads. Everglow's content is a bit scarce at the moment, but a comeback is imminent so I expect us both to bring new life to the thread once more lol.

Aww. I hope you feel better Rand. It's a shame about IZ*ONE and I was certainly expecting a different outcome for the group on account of their success.
:maheart: :sanapray:



It really is.
:sanapray:
its crazy if you want cool pics ect teh artist threads are where to go .

now the card game kind fights against it because to get 3 threads you use those pics ect as solo thread.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
its crazy if you want cool pics ect teh artist threads are where to go .

now the card game kind fights against it because to get 3 threads you use those pics ect as solo thread.
True lol.

Although using pictures from social media is a great way to build up your post count.
:jenniesmug:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
True lol.

Although using pictures from social media is a great way to build up your post count.
:jenniesmug:
posts are typically eazy .

i have no idea wht to do about thread now that izone is gone no one else is active at all.

Wendy lasted less than 2 weeks.

rose has gfriend covered.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnlyCalB

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
i keep forgetting i have the kard thread :yolk: and i keep up with youtube post for my got7 boys but I'm too lazy to do twitter and Instagram a lot of the time 😭
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,028
Reactions Received
52,926
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,535
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I kept updating SNSD artist thread aling with Jessica Jung n Taeyeon, for a good long while(weeks or maybe some mths). But the relentlessness of daily/weekly keeping track n posting (after SNSD already hit 50 pgs{which i dont even know b4 was a milestone here} n loooong b4 the card game-i stopped n nvr restarted regular updating. Tried to continue after card game began but it was a slog n i stalled on it, fits n starts man.

Props to Xeulgi n Running Man, also mysteric (of those i know regularly updating threads i look in on. Even b4 card game, i only sporadically looked in EG, GF, RV, artists threads (unless it was middle of comeback, which meant every time i saw it updated.

There's just not enuf hrs in a day, or CPU (or Brain Processing Power) to keep up/update all im interested in[also i keep adding ggs to my interested in list: last yr/6~9 mths past alone; added YooA/OMG, Gidle n aespa plus RV•IS).So far this i hvnt added any but who knows,but my attention is obliterated enuf by all tats going on.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
And today, I started yet another one..................................


Will I find the time? Right now, yes, but what about in the long run? Hmmmmmmm, not sure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread