- Joined
- 2 July 2019
- Messages
- 4,814
- Reactions Received
- 19,142
- Location
- 3ᑢ 273⁷
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 1,000
- Fandom
- arianator
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
I've had this on my mind for a while after watching the clip of Jessi when she openly talks about her breast surgery, now i've just come back from watching a video about Madison Beer and the hate she's been getting for denying plastic surgery rumors and a lot of other celebrities and influencers get accused daily of plastic surgery and beauty procedures, and they all get hate and called liars when they deny it.
Obviously I don't think people should lie BUT when it comes to celebs and influencers with plastic surgery I think it's fine for them to deny any procedures they might've had if people keep trying to expose them, I see that as protecting their privacy, not lying. Regardless of how 'obvious' it is, beauty procedures are still private. If you went to ask their doctors if they got anything done, the doctor wouldn't legally be allowed to say anything without the consent of the celebrity/influencer because that's private information. If an influencer wants to be open about it then that's up to them, if they want to keep it private then that's also up to them. In a lot of exposés about plastic surgery and procedures I see people saying 'there's nothing wrong with plastic surgery so you shouldn't be ashamed and lie about it!' but like if you really don't see anything wrong with ps and procedures then why would you try so hard to expose someone for it? If it wasn't a problem to you then you wouldn't be making a huge deal out of it and harassing these people about their bodies and appearance online because they want to keep something that they have every right to keep private, PRIVATE. It's clear there is still a heavy stigma surrounding plastic surgery and while people being open about surgeries might help disperse that a little, I don't see the issue with someone choosing not to take the heat, it's a personal choice, not a duty.
Another reason people try to expose influencer's plastic surgery is because they're worried that kids and teens are going to start believing in an unrealistic beauty standard if influencers aren't 100% open about their procedures, I think it's fine to be concerned about that, but outing people for getting surgery isn't going to fix that issue. I think it's the media's fault that beauty standards are getting unrealistic by heavily editing photos and only showing women with a certain body type and showing no representation for any other shapes, sizes, and skin tones. One girl getting surgery isn't causing the problem, in fact a lot of them might even be the victims of the problem themselves. People need to focus their attention on the real issue and not bully a single person for doing something for themselves or maybe even conforming to what they believe is the ideal standard of beauty because they felt pressured by the media too.
And onto Jessi, in the clip I watched, there was some discussion in the comments about her surgeries, people expressing their opinions on what they thought of the surgery, saying she went too big etc, as well as people hyping her up for speaking openly about it while going on to discuss her boobs as if they weren't someone elses... I'm very well aware that even without Jessi being open about it there would be people discussing it, but it felt a little bit like people felt as if they got an invitation to talk about it when Jessi spoke about. It's all well and good Jessi being open about her surgeries but that still doesn't serve as an invitation to others to discuss her body. Of course people have every right to speak discuss something that's public knowledge now but they don't seem to realise that it still doesn't mean the person in question will feel comfortable about them speaking about her like she's an object.
This is just a little something I wanted to write down somewhere. Whenever I see people talking about plastic surgery I always feel wildly uncomfortable and i've never really been able to pinpoint exactly why I felt that way because I personally didn't have any issue with surgery and procedures, but I still felt wrong openly accusing people of it if they haven't said anything about it themselves, or even talking about those who have been open about it, and i've recently been able to arrange my thoughts about how exactly I felt about it so I thought i'd post this.
I'm gonna tag some of my gorlies since we sometimes talk about beauty and fashion quite often so I thought sum of y'all might be interested~ but of course anyone can comment still
@yoda_jen @Darth_Kuro @yoda_tato @lexus @Icy68446 @Yolks @darthraine
Obviously I don't think people should lie BUT when it comes to celebs and influencers with plastic surgery I think it's fine for them to deny any procedures they might've had if people keep trying to expose them, I see that as protecting their privacy, not lying. Regardless of how 'obvious' it is, beauty procedures are still private. If you went to ask their doctors if they got anything done, the doctor wouldn't legally be allowed to say anything without the consent of the celebrity/influencer because that's private information. If an influencer wants to be open about it then that's up to them, if they want to keep it private then that's also up to them. In a lot of exposés about plastic surgery and procedures I see people saying 'there's nothing wrong with plastic surgery so you shouldn't be ashamed and lie about it!' but like if you really don't see anything wrong with ps and procedures then why would you try so hard to expose someone for it? If it wasn't a problem to you then you wouldn't be making a huge deal out of it and harassing these people about their bodies and appearance online because they want to keep something that they have every right to keep private, PRIVATE. It's clear there is still a heavy stigma surrounding plastic surgery and while people being open about surgeries might help disperse that a little, I don't see the issue with someone choosing not to take the heat, it's a personal choice, not a duty.
Another reason people try to expose influencer's plastic surgery is because they're worried that kids and teens are going to start believing in an unrealistic beauty standard if influencers aren't 100% open about their procedures, I think it's fine to be concerned about that, but outing people for getting surgery isn't going to fix that issue. I think it's the media's fault that beauty standards are getting unrealistic by heavily editing photos and only showing women with a certain body type and showing no representation for any other shapes, sizes, and skin tones. One girl getting surgery isn't causing the problem, in fact a lot of them might even be the victims of the problem themselves. People need to focus their attention on the real issue and not bully a single person for doing something for themselves or maybe even conforming to what they believe is the ideal standard of beauty because they felt pressured by the media too.
And onto Jessi, in the clip I watched, there was some discussion in the comments about her surgeries, people expressing their opinions on what they thought of the surgery, saying she went too big etc, as well as people hyping her up for speaking openly about it while going on to discuss her boobs as if they weren't someone elses... I'm very well aware that even without Jessi being open about it there would be people discussing it, but it felt a little bit like people felt as if they got an invitation to talk about it when Jessi spoke about. It's all well and good Jessi being open about her surgeries but that still doesn't serve as an invitation to others to discuss her body. Of course people have every right to speak discuss something that's public knowledge now but they don't seem to realise that it still doesn't mean the person in question will feel comfortable about them speaking about her like she's an object.
This is just a little something I wanted to write down somewhere. Whenever I see people talking about plastic surgery I always feel wildly uncomfortable and i've never really been able to pinpoint exactly why I felt that way because I personally didn't have any issue with surgery and procedures, but I still felt wrong openly accusing people of it if they haven't said anything about it themselves, or even talking about those who have been open about it, and i've recently been able to arrange my thoughts about how exactly I felt about it so I thought i'd post this.
I'm gonna tag some of my gorlies since we sometimes talk about beauty and fashion quite often so I thought sum of y'all might be interested~ but of course anyone can comment still
@yoda_jen @Darth_Kuro @yoda_tato @lexus @Icy68446 @Yolks @darthraine