News AKB48 Announce Indian Sister Groups DEL48 & MUB48 (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship

Another international sister group of AKB48 is on the way. India’s capital New Delhi will be getting it’s very own idol group DEL48, along with MUB48which will be based out of Mumbai, India.
Back in 2011 AKB48 began their oversea expansion with Indonesia’s JKT48. The project turned out to be a success and the expansion has went on to include BNK48 (Thailand), MNL48 (Philippines), AKB48 Team SH (China), AKB48 Team SP (Taiwan), and SGO48 (Vietnam).

Locally, AKB48’s sister groups consist of SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, and STU48.
DEL48 has launched their very own official YouTube channel announcing the project, along with auditions. The video also delves into the history of AKB48, giving an overview of how the entire process for the idol group works. Auditions for the groups first generation will take place from July 19th 2019 until the 31st. Check out the video below:

 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It's nice to see South Asian idols spreading all over Asia. If South East Asians are accepted, I don't see why South Asians shouldn't be. Tbh, I don't care about the race. They could be white, or black, I'm just living for this diversity. :sanapray:
 
Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
@StarWarsBitch :jisoosmh:

This is gonna flop spectacularly for so many different reasons. I understand AKB wanting to expand but India really isn't the right market at this stage.

The biggest reason being- idol music or groups or even pop music in general is pretty much dead or nugu in India. Bollywood OSTs, remixes and Punjabi club songs are what works. Singers make a living doing playback singing before even having a chance of breaking out and doing successful albums- tbh I can't remember the last successful hit album that wasn't comprised of movie songs. Once you've sang enough hit Bollywood songs, you can do stage shows and stuff where people actually come to see you.

Secondly- singers are expected to sing- have great vocals, sing live and stuff. The concept of singing and dancing/performing idols who look pretty is non-existent. In fact there are actors/actresses, who's job it is to look good, dance and "perform" or basically lipsync those movie songs while the playback singer stays in the recording studio.

And finally, it's such a huge market, with so much talent hustling already. Lots of talented bands, musicians, rappers stuck performing at clubs, college festivals etc. A girl group, esp. one with innocent concept/schoolgirl aesthetics really isn't what the audience expects. In fact "item numbers" in movies do well and those are usually sexy stuff, so there would need to be a major overhaul of the whole thing.

I feel this is a car crash waiting to happen.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's nice to see KPOP spreading all over Asia. If South East Asians are accepted, I don't see why South Asians shouldn't be. Tbh, I don't care about the race. They could be white, or black, I'm just living for this diversity. :sanapray:
I think you mean JPOP :sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other

Another international sister group of AKB48 is on the way. India’s capital New Delhi will be getting it’s very own idol group DEL48, along with MUB48which will be based out of Mumbai, India.
Back in 2011 AKB48 began their oversea expansion with Indonesia’s JKT48. The project turned out to be a success and the expansion has went on to include BNK48 (Thailand), MNL48 (Philippines), AKB48 Team SH (China), AKB48 Team SP (Taiwan), and SGO48 (Vietnam).

Locally, AKB48’s sister groups consist of SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, and STU48.
DEL48 has launched their very own official YouTube channel announcing the project, along with auditions. The video also delves into the history of AKB48, giving an overview of how the entire process for the idol group works. Auditions for the groups first generation will take place from July 19th 2019 until the 31st. Check out the video below:

The voice over's accent is so adorable!
It's great that India is getting two groups :bigcatclap:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
MUM was a bust I think. Seems like the management for this one is better than the previous one so hopefully it works out. IDK the wota population in India but they're trying out in a market that has no idol scene (kind of like what they did with MNL48) so it's a big risk considering they're launching two groups from the get go.

AKB has lost to Nogi so I guess AKS wants to push the international sister groups more with this and the launching of CGM48 (Chiangmai, Thailand).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
MUM was a bust I think. Seems like the management for this one is better than the previous one so hopefully it works out. IDK the wota population in India but they're trying out in a market that has no idol scene (kind of like what they did with MNL48) so it's a big risk considering they're launching two groups from the get go.

AKB has lost to Nogi so I guess AKS wants to push the international sister groups more with this and the launching of CGM48 (Chiangmai, Thailand).
I wonder how it'll play out and I also wonder who's gonna audition lol
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I wonder how it'll play out and I also wonder who's gonna audition lol
Same, you have to pay for the DEL48 auditions though so IDK how that's gonna turn out lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The plan was probably to only attract those are REALLY interested since if there's a payment involved, it'll take out the ones doing it for kicks
If I didn't know about 48g, it sounds like a scam tbh lmao
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread