Am I the only one who loves Aespa even more now? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I actually love this concept with virtual members!
I mean... look at other virtual singers who have become popular, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz etc, this isn't a new thing!
It's just new in kpop and I god damn love it!

I mostly just wonder if the virtual members are voiced by the irl members or not.... Or maybe the voices of the virtual members are based on the irl members but are controlled by smbdy else.

If done right this can make for AMAZING concerts and performances!

I am hyped, srsly so! Also Aeri is beautiful af, my bias mayhaps
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
for me it's not the virtual members concept itself that i dislike, it's the idea that they make virtual characters based on real human beings and make them interact with fans of the group as if they knew each other personally which might feed sasaengs' delusions and promote the obsessive fan culture that fans can "own" idols and do whatever they want with them. this makes me concerned for the real members because some people may take it too far. with that being said, i hope none of that happens and i don't want to be too judgmental before they even debuted so i'll wait to see how things turn out.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
I have no problem with the general concept as vtubing is popular right now and there are already virtual groups in Jpop however what I do have the concern over is how far Soo Man wants to go with this to the point of having these AI in peoples real lives.

There are multiple things to be concerned about with that and that's the part where I think it's being taken too far and it's not like someone like Pokimane who is her own person so it's her choice but it's a company taking kids and training them for this and seemingly knowing what people might get up to as a groups maknae being 18 is surprising nowadays.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I like it more now that I've seen Karina's teaser with subtitles and I can see that it's gonna be a little bit like a tv show but I'm with @mysteric and hoping that they eventually "expand" to OT7 and do it quickly so there isn't too much backlash!
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I like it more now that I've seen Karina's teaser with subtitles and I can see that it's gonna be a little bit like a tv show but I'm with @mysteric and hoping that they eventually "expand" to OT7 and do it quickly so there isn't too much backlash!
manifesting ot7 :sanapray:
I'm too attached to some of them
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
for me it's not the virtual members concept itself that i dislike, it's the idea that they make virtual characters based on real human beings and make them interact with fans of the group as if they knew each other personally which might feed sasaengs' delusions and promote the obsessive fan culture that fans can "own" idols and do whatever they want with them. this makes me concerned for the real members because some people may take it too far. with that being said, i hope none of that happens and i don't want to be too judgmental before they even debuted so i'll wait to see how things turn out.
Tbh I think it'll be fine with they make a very clear gap and difference between the virtual and the human versions. If they will have them be like 2 seperate identities... I'm fine with it! If anything, that'll make the sasaengs focus on the virtual members instead of the real ones!
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Can someone explain this virtual thing? I have no idea what it is.
the members of Aespa will have virtual counterparts essentially! The human members will interact with the virtual ones and I assume fans will have some way of interacting with the virtual ones as well.

 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
for me it's not the virtual members concept itself that i dislike, it's the idea that they make virtual characters based on real human beings and make them interact with fans of the group as if they knew each other personally which might feed sasaengs' delusions and promote the obsessive fan culture that fans can "own" idols and do whatever they want with them. this makes me concerned for the real members because some people may take it too far. with that being said, i hope none of that happens and i don't want to be too judgmental before they even debuted so i'll wait to see how things turn out.
it would also be much easier excused be weirdos who sexualize the virtual counterparts cuz well they are virtual but not real but at the end they still depict the real life member which is really bad as well
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I actually love this concept with virtual members!
I mean... look at other virtual singers who have become popular, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz etc, this isn't a new thing!
It's just new in kpop and I god damn love it!

I mostly just wonder if the virtual members are voiced by the irl members or not.... Or maybe the voices of the virtual members are based on the irl members but are controlled by smbdy else.

If done right this can make for AMAZING concerts and performances!

I am hyped, srsly so! Also Aeri is beautiful af, my bias mayhaps
I think people are kinda shock but they'll eventually stan because as you said, this may be new to kpop but is well stablished in Japan. It would take a while to get used to but it's interesting and at least for the novelty, I'll keep an eye on the group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
the members of Aespa will have virtual counterparts essentially! The human members will interact with the virtual ones and I assume fans will have some way of interacting with the virtual ones as well.

I watched that video and I still have no idea what just happened.

But remember back in the day when kpop was just about music? Those days weren't so bad.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I watched that video and I still have no idea what just happened.

But remember back in the day when kpop was just about music? Those days weren't so bad.
what time was that, bcs kpop has always been more than just the music! At least as far as idols go!
This is just "Back in my days" talk here
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
the members of Aespa will have virtual counterparts essentially! The human members will interact with the virtual ones and I assume fans will have some way of interacting with the virtual ones as well.

the girl prettier than i imagined in action! tho tbh i think they'll stick with this virtual thing for a year and slowly phase it out because the novelty'll get old
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
the girl prettier than i imagined in action! tho tbh i think they'll stick with this virtual thing for a year and slowly phase it out because the novelty'll get old
We will have to see ig!
I think a lot depends on how well it is executed.

Karina is stunning definitely and not in the classical kpop way. Tbh from what I've seen all the girls seem really really pretty and the Aeri, a member who hasn't been revealed yet is SO RELATABLE!

 
  • Like
Reactions: dnb and Jimimis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread