COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
You know, I never actually made one of these for AKP, so I guess I'll finally introduce myself here!

So back in February of 2017, I was reading an article on ESPN about the Patriots after they won the Super Bowl against Atlanta in an epic fashion. Now, ESPN usually has a couple clickbait-y website links at the bottom of their articles that takes you to some random site. I had never clicked on those before (intentionally at least), but for some reason, when I saw "Most Beautiful Faces In The World" (or something like that), I decided to click. After scrolling through the list, the one that really caught my eye was Nana. I got curious and looked her up on Google and found out that she was in the k-pop group After School and their subunit Orange Caramel. From there, I decided I would check out some of their songs. Let's just say I got hooked on Orange Caramel really fast.

I really only listened to After School and Orange Caramel (and like 3 f(x) songs) for a few months before finally branching out to other groups. I think it was sometime around August that I discovered Red Velvet, thanks to the Sugarman episode where they competed against Raina and Lizzy. I feel like that was truly the point of no return in my k-pop journey. It didn't take long for Red Velvet to surpass Orange Caramel as my favorite group. Even though I've been introduced to a ton of groups since then, none of them have been able to compare to Red Velvet in my eyes.

Here's a quick list of my current favs:
Top 5 groups: Red Velvet, CLC, Mamamoo, After School / Orange Caramel, LOONA
Ult bias: Wendy
Favorite k-pop song: Peek-A-Boo
Favorite k-pop song not sung by Red Velvet: Egotistic (Mamamoo)
Favorite visual: Nana. Easily Nana. This is all her fault after all.

Now for the not k-pop stuff.

I'm from Northwest Indiana, USA. I'm not far from Chicago or Lake Michigan, which is pretty cool. I'm in my 5th year of college. Originally, I was a physics major. But after two semesters of Quantum my sophomore year, I decided maybe I should change majors. So now, I'm a math education major, and I should be graduating next December. I love playing video games. I actually just got Fallout 76 today, so I'll probably be playing that a lot. My all-time favorite game is Batman Arkham City. I also coach middle school track in the spring and cross country in the fall, which is really fun. Middle schoolers can be a handful sometimes, but overall it's a great experience.

So yeah, that's my introduction. Sorry that it's kinda long.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
You know, I never actually made one of these for AKP, so I guess I'll finally introduce myself here!

So back in February of 2017, I was reading an article on ESPN about the Patriots after they won the Super Bowl against Atlanta in an epic fashion. Now, ESPN usually has a couple clickbait-y website links at the bottom of their articles that takes you to some random site. I had never clicked on those before (intentionally at least), but for some reason, when I saw "Most Beautiful Faces In The World" (or something like that), I decided to click. After scrolling through the list, the one that really caught my eye was Nana. I got curious and looked her up on Google and found out that she was in the k-pop group After School and their subunit Orange Caramel. From there, I decided I would check out some of their songs. Let's just say I got hooked on Orange Caramel really fast.

I really only listened to After School and Orange Caramel (and like 3 f(x) songs) for a few months before finally branching out to other groups. I think it was sometime around August that I discovered Red Velvet, thanks to the Sugarman episode where they competed against Raina and Lizzy. I feel like that was truly the point of no return in my k-pop journey. It didn't take long for Red Velvet to surpass Orange Caramel as my favorite group. Even though I've been introduced to a ton of groups since then, none of them have been able to compare to Red Velvet in my eyes.

I'm from Northwest Indiana, USA. I'm not far from Chicago or Lake Michigan, which is pretty cool. I'm in my 5th year of college. Originally, I was a physics major. But after two semesters of Quantum my sophomore year, I decided maybe I should change majors. So now, I'm a math education major, and I should be graduating next December. I love playing video games. I actually just got Fallout 76 today, so I'll probably be playing that a lot. My all-time favorite game is Batman Arkham City. I also coach middle school track in the spring and cross country in the fall, which is really fun. Middle schoolers can be a handful sometimes, but overall it's a great experience.

Wow you are doing a lot of things. Also this is the first time I've meet someone who was introduced to kpop through Afterschool. Welcome.

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wow you are doing a lot of things. Also this is the first time I've meet someone who was introduced to kpop through Afterschool. Welcome.
Thanks! And I would have never expected to be introduced to kpop in that way. I mean, I started on ESPN of all places and ended on My Copycat. Who would've thought that would happen?

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
welcome :pandalove::pandalove: lets have fun here together :pandaamazed::pandalove::pandahappy:
i love your x VS x Polls !
thats a proper Introduction, shame one me, for writing 1 sentence :pandabeg:

btw: i am just watching Revelup 3, EP 36 :pandalove:

Reactions Received
KS Coins

If you're from the midwest shouldn't you be playing Fallout Tactics instead

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
welcome :pandalove::pandalove: lets have fun here together :pandaamazed::pandalove::pandahappy:
i love your x VS x Polls !
thats a proper Introduction, shame one me, for writing 1 sentence :pandabeg:

btw: i am just watching Revelup 3, EP 36 :pandalove:
I wasn't really intending for my intro to be that long, but i tend to ramble sometimes lol.

Also I've been a bad Reveluv and I haven't watched season 3 except for the first 3 episodes. I'll get to it some day...

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers

You're really so brittish and canadian

even being from Indiana

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
If you're from the midwest shouldn't you be playing Fallout Tactics instead

Nah. Tactics is only semi-canon. I don't need all that fake Fallout in my life
But one day I really would like to go back and play it

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
You're really so brittish and canadian

even being from Indiana
What if I actually am both Canadian and British, and I just lied about where I'm from?
What if this is all just an elaborate scheme to earn everyone's trust?

Think about it...
My location says "The Commonwealth"
What if it isn't a reference to Fallout 4, but actually a reference to the British Commonwealth?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh hii, good to see you here too, gotta get JoeGonnaRun now and our gg stan guy gang will be complete probably lol. Welcome to KPS!!

#JusticeforLionheart

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
Hello there, i know i did a welcome message to you in a another thread, but i have to say yours is the most impressive introduction thread. I hope you will have fun here! :pandalove:

Koala

✯☾🌸Koala Of Spring’s Moon🌸☽✯
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
:pandalove::pandawatch: Hope to see you around and interact more Preston!

I go by Koala.

Your introduction thread was astounding and detailed. Thank you for opening that up. Hope we can get along.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Oh hii, good to see you here too, gotta get JoeGonnaRun now and our gg stan guy gang will be complete probably lol. Welcome to KPS!!

#JusticeforMrMr
Fixed
And welcome!:llama_wave::llama_wave:
I think you'll really like it here!:pandalove:

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Hello there, i know i did a welcome message to you in a another thread, but i have to say yours is the most impressive introduction thread. I hope you will have fun here! :pandalove:
Thanks! I hope I like it here too!

Minuteman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
:pandalove::pandawatch: Hope to see you around and interact more Preston!

I go by Koala.

Your introduction thread was astounding and detailed. Thank you for opening that up. Hope we can get along.
Thanks! I'll probably be going back and forth between here and akp, but I should be relatively active on both!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread