Sensitive Anyone Who Dissociates? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I realize this is a sensitive subject matter but I've been dissociating way more frequently than I used to-it used to happen a couple of times a year but within the last three months it's happened at least twice. I mean I was normally able to get through a year with maybe one dissociative episode that was bad. But I had two recently that were pretty bad and I don't know what to do? I talked to my therapist after the first one-but after my session today I had another really bad one and I walked out on my boyfriend and drove home and really didn't communicate with him and it could've been a REALLY dangerous situation.

I don't know how to cope with these episodes or deal with them properly and I was hoping for some tips until my next appointment in case it happens again.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I´d suggest to find something that keeps you "there"? Maybe watch out for some signals that are telling you that an episode is coming again and try to warn the people that you trust? Text, give them a call so they might keep an eye on you? I´d try writing a journal and observe yourself. This could keep you present and also might help your therapist to better understand and help you.

Stay safe and take care of yourself. Also try to take some rest, sleep and eat well this can have a huge impact, especially now since it´s winter. Make sure you eat enough vitamins and think about your diet, eat enough nuts and nutritious stuff no matter now banal it might sound. Food is important.
Also I think music can help in that case.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Writing and pouring my thoughts on paper really helps. Getting in a quiet space, no distractions, and taking deep breaths. Lately I've been crying more, and letting it all out, which feels good.
 
Joined
1 August 2019
Messages
2,819
Reactions Received
4,468
Location
☾ the other side of the moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,802
Fandom
☾ gg stan ☽
Gender
Bi-Gender
Pronouns
☾ he/she ☽
@yellowcoat has really amazing suggestions. i just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. i dissociate too sometimes. it's part of why i don't drive because sometimes i dissociate and get in the car and it's scary to think about. breathing exercises, grounding yourself, and writing out your triggers helps somewhat. i'm not very helpful, sorry !! i'm still figuring out how to deal with it myself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Sending you love and support in this difficult time. I know myself how hard it can be to deal with such episodes. While I don't suffer from Dissociative Episodes. I do frequently suffer from Epileptic Seizures and such things can be a b**h and disruptive to your life..
I´d suggest to find something that keeps you "there"? Maybe watch out for some signals that are telling you that an episode is coming again and try to warn the people that you trust? Text, give them a call so they might keep an eye on you? I´d try writing a journal and observe yourself. This could keep you present and also might help your therapist to better understand and help you.
I'd say this is good. really good advise. :pandalove:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread