Be honest. What do you think about the rich? (1 Viewer)

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
the problem is money is power.

When you say excessive wealth i take it to mean that the money should be redistributed somehow.
Whomever makes the call on how much and to whom has insane amounts of power.

There is no fair just i steal form you to give to people who will give me even more power.
And giving stuff to people can be so corrosive to them. ofc it can do wonders but as i look at most programs they do more long term harm than good.

I will say this much if i won 100's of millions tomorrow i would make darn sure the government got as little as possible, mostly because they are incompetent by nature.
yea no dont get me wrong, i know redistribution of wealth is impossible and even if it was possible, it would just cause chaos. so no that's not what im advocating for (though playing robin hood does sound very tempting ngl :wimwim:). op asked what we think of the rich, and what i think of the rich is that they're not the misunderstood, generous people that op thinks some of them are. imo the top 1% is sly and greedy and that how they got to the top in the first place. frankly i dont think we need to defend them, but that's just me. they can be rich and i can have my criticism.
 
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I BE LIEK THOSE RICH ASS WHOLE THINK THERE BETTER THAN ME CAUSE THEY HAVE MONEY at my school the were most ly rich not like rich rich but rich they would tease me about my look. there were some nice people and a lot of mean one but "I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT"
these are song i would of sent to them
This is what the girly me want to send

The tomboy me wanted to send this

But i'm a nice person and i don't feel like getting in trouble cause of the tomboy me so i would pick the girly me T-T sorry tomboy me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
all this talk is distracting us from the real enemy: girl groups
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
yea no dont get me wrong, i know redistribution of wealth is impossible and even if it was possible, it would just cause chaos. so no that's not what im advocating for (though playing robin hood does sound very tempting ngl :wimwim:). op asked what we think of the rich, and what i think of the rich is that they're not the misunderstood, generous people that op thinks some of them are. imo the top 1% is sly and greedy and that how they got to the top in the first place. frankly i dont think we need to defend them, but that's just me. they can be rich and i can have my criticism.
But why do you think this? Who told you this bullshit that rich people are evil because they have money? Have you actually met a wealthy person face to face? and if so, how many of them?
There are many rich people who do good in the world and help the less fortunate and when I eventually become rich, I'll be helping others as well.

I think you'll have a completely different view if you were rich yourself, I mean, you'd have to if you want to stay rich.

I think the world would be a much better place if everyone was rich as we'd all much happier because of it (Of course, many of us would still have problems), but of course it's not realistic. What is the main reason for breakups in relationships? Financial situation.

Money isn't the end-all and be-all, but it does help greatly to live a better life.

It basically all comes down to this, not every rich person is bad, just like not every middle class and poor person is good, so when people judge a rich person just because of their financial status without knowing if they do good or not, then that person who has judged are just as bad as the self-entitled, selfish rich people who don't care for anyone but themselves.

The fact is that when you are a good person and have money, you can help the world in a big way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Unless they became rich by stealing people's money like some officials/governments i acc have a v positive view. I cant lie as if im more neutral,rather pay attention to them and their lifestyles,hoping one day i will be one of them.
I appreciate it alot specially if their wealth comes from hardwork. But some get lucky by having rich parents which idc again. Some of my friends have rich parents and they very nice.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I agree when you say that money is not evil. It's the people who handle it that are evil. And I don't think money makes you evil or bad. I think your want for money can enhance your evil traits, poor or rich. It's just how money works.

There are obviously going to people who use money properly as well but they will never be put in the spotlight. It's just how the media it. You also can't deny that the majority or extremely rich people aren't up there without some sort of dirt on their hands, indirectly or not.

Bill Gates might donate a lot like people say but there's a reason he donates so much. Because of the huge numbers of money he donates, people are obliged to do what he wants them to - especially places he has donated to. It's become to the point that Bill Gates indirectly has more power than the president of the United States. He can literally bend the law to his wishing and he has done it before. The donations he has made may be going to a good cause and it's better than donating nothing, but like previously mentioned, he's donating not even 1% of his salary. If he truly cared, I think he would donate much more. Of course people want to keep their riches and it's definitely not good to give everything away, but there's only so much you can keep.

But I'm only talking about very very rich people. People in the top 1%.

And there are plenty of people who work hard and deserve their money. Those are the sort of people we should look up to. People who are doing well be working hard.

As for people who are born into riches, luck was on their side. You can't deny that they have a lot more opportunities and connections. I experienced it just today. I was looking for work experience at a hospital but neither I nor my parents know doctors whom we are close to. But my friend was easily able to get work experience at a solicitor's office because her parents work in high paying jobs. I have to constantly ask for her help because I know that I wont get anywhere on my own. She is reaping the benefits of her parent's wealth - she didn't work for it. You can kind of understand why people of lower class resent people of higher class because of this. We're not being given equal opportunites.

I'm not saying I resent my friend. No, never, She's a sweetheart. But I can't help but feel envious of her connections. She has the ability to easily do something which many others can't.

Envy. It's another thing that stimultates greed for money. It makes lower class people do immoral things for money, and higher class people also do immoral things because they want more. The problem lies within the people. Not the money. But society needs something to blame all this evil on and money is what everyone directly goes on.

After all, it's the money that stimulated the greed, evil and corruption that are within humans in the first place.

Goodness that got long :lazypotato:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I agree when you say that money is not evil. It's the people who handle it that are evil. And I don't think money makes you evil or bad. I think your want for money can enhance your evil traits, poor or rich. It's just how money works.

There are obviously going to people who use money properly as well but they will never be put in the spotlight. It's just how the media it. You also can't deny that the majority or extremely rich people aren't up there without some sort of dirt on their hands, indirectly or not.

Bill Gates might donate a lot like people say but there's a reason he donates so much. Because of the huge numbers of money he donates, people are obliged to do what he wants them to - especially places he has donated to. It's become to the point that Bill Gates indirectly has more power than the president of the United States. He can literally bend the law to his wishing and he has done it before. The donations he has made may be going to a good cause and it's better than donating nothing, but like previously mentioned, he's donating not even 1% of his salary. If he truly cared, I think he would donate much more. Of course people want to keep their riches and it's definitely not good to give everything away, but there's only so much you can keep.

But I'm only talking about very very rich people. People in the top 1%.

And there are plenty of people who work hard and deserve their money. Those are the sort of people we should look up to. People who are doing well be working hard.

As for people who are born into riches, luck was on their side. You can't deny that they have a lot more opportunities and connections. I experienced it just today. I was looking for work experience at a hospital but neither I nor my parents know doctors whom we are close to. But my friend was easily able to get work experience at a solicitor's office because her parents work in high paying jobs. I have to constantly ask for her help because I know that I wont get anywhere on my own. She is reaping the benefits of her parent's wealth - she didn't work for it. You can kind of understand why people of lower class resent people of higher class because of this. We're not being given equal opportunites.

I'm not saying I resent my friend. No, never, She's a sweetheart. But I can't help but feel envious of her connections. She has the ability to easily do something which many others can't.

Envy. It's another thing that stimultates greed for money. It makes lower class people do immoral things for money, and higher class people also do immoral things because they want more. The problem lies within the people. Not the money. But society needs something to blame all this evil on and money is what everyone directly goes on.

After all, it's the money that stimulated the greed, evil and corruption that are within humans in the first place.

Goodness that got long :lazypotato:
I really agree with this.
Like you said, it's the person who is holding or wanting the money which can be a problem or not. Some people will do anything for money, and even as far as to kill someone.
On the flip side, money can be used for good and help those who are in need, so I think it's a question of, who wants money and who has it and who has lost it, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Your brain says you hate GG's but your heart says you love them...so, follow your heart.
My brain and heart are one, united in the fact that they both despise ggs
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think they're awesome, but only when i become one :sanapray:

I don't think I'll have some habits rich people have though, I can't imagine myself spending money on certain stuff people do. (not looking at you Seungri)
 
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I think they're awesome, but only when i become one :sanapray:

I don't think I'll have some habits rich people have though, I can't imagine myself spending money on certain stuff people do. (not looking at you Seungri)
Yeah, it's all about the mindset really and how you can improve as a person and once you can solve problems that people have, then the money will just come rolling in.
So it's:
Serving/helping people first
Money comes in second.

But then of course, when you do that, you will be in a much better position to help yourself which you can then have a bigger impact on the world.

Don't get me started on Seungri.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't think rich people are evil, and tbh I don't think that they deserve all the hate that they get simply because they are rich. I mean who the hell doesn't want to have so much money that they don't know what to do with all of it? i know damn well that i would. but there's a reason why the rich only make up the top 1%, and it definitely has to do with either luck or connections. people always bring up the same 10 people who came from "rags to riches" when trying to bring up the point that anyone could become rich with the right amount of hard work. but the problem is that those people do not represent everyone. that would be like me saying, hey if these five kids got a 36 on the act, then why can't all the kids in America get a 36 on the act? it doesn't make sense right? because so many factors come into play that it's really hard to just generalize based on a small number of people. id say that luck and hard work is what can make someone rich or not, it also depends on the environment that they were born into.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I found this pretty interesting and I believe it's true:

  • Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe “Life happens to me.”
  • Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
  • Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
  • Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
  • Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
  • Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
  • Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
  • Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
  • Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
  • Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
  • Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
  • Rich people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
  • Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
  • Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
  • Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
  • Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
  • Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: jasque

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Nothing really.. For the most part some having more money than they need doesn't bother me... More so its the sense of entitlement that some do have that can be bothersome and degrading especially to me as I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum..
There are rich people who have worked hard for their money which I can respect, but then there are others born in to money that have no desire to build something for themselves with it but still think they are better than others, but then you get that bullshit mentality with poor people too so it's just that personality trait that's annoying.

So I suppose I don't really care too much. I know a few people with alot of money who are just wonderful people and met a few rich pricks, that deserved to be punched in the throat.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I don't mind them as a whole. They have their upbringings, I have mine.
Most earned the money they have, so good on them I say!

It's the famous for being famous rich folks I do not like.
Like kardashions etc.

I call them carcrashions, since their lives are like watching a car wreck really. (just a mess)
 
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
You've said a lot and I will try to dissect it.

the majority of rich people do have rags to riches stories who have worked their butts off to get where they are today.
Perhaps, but there are many families that consist of multi-generational wealth.. Old rich, if you will. You also haven't placed a cut off for what you mean by rich.. what is the cutoff from which you are saying is rich from which you consider to be upper middle class?

As a society, we have been taught that having money is the root of all evil, when in fact, money is neither good or bad, but if you have it, it means you can have more possibilities.
Fun fact that's actually a misquoted bible passage, but thats not your point. lol... But Money, like Alcohol, does tend to bring out people's dark sides.

Money doesn't make people change into a mean, nasty person who doesn't give a shit. It just means that the person was not very nice to begin with and can now do more bad with that money.
I agree, somewhat. But see my aforementioned maxim about money..

If you think about it, rich people actually pay more taxes than everyone else, do more charity work than everyone else, help others more than everyone else, etc, but of course the media portrays them as being the complete opposite.

It's also not all about the money, but it's what you do with the money that counts and if you want to use that money to do bad, then you will do bad in a big way and if you want to use that money to do good, then you will do good in a big way.
Rich people can also complain about paying high taxes.. Charity work is always iffy for me. Putting together a fundraiser and raising millions of dollars can be a show of how much status one has. I'm just gave 100,000 to unicef.. look how much of a humanitarian I am... and so on. One of my Statistics Professors once said, "Bill Gates giving $1,000,000 to Africa isn't really that impressive. Percentage wise its the same effect [to his pocketbook] as you or me giving $20... Its just that his $1,000,000 does more."


An overview on my thoughts: I don't hate rich people. I think a lot of policies that have been implemented specifically to help the poor have had the opposite effect. I also think personal choices will impact one's economic status. Having a child at 16 and another at 19 isn't going to increase one's odds of making good money.. Especially if the father (or fathers) are not supporting the children. Getting a Liberal Arts degree instead of a Mechanical Engineering degree is not going to help either. Spending frivolously of the limited excess money after bills are paid isn't going to either... You catch my drift. But as said above, policies like welfare can keep poor people trapped within a cycle. I need food and shelter to live. I am poor. I get food stamps and welfare. I need greater income to escape the cycle. Before I get my first few pay checks to get started to pay bills, I am cut off from welfare and EBT... Compound this with the fact that where I live minimum wage and full time job will get you a small one bedroom apartment, because all places have a income restriction where for full time work equals $1600 and you must make 2.5-3x what the apartment rent is.. You would only be able to afford a, around, $600 one bedroom apt... Which is fine if you are single, but if you have children and have the situation with welfare as stated above then you can become stuck... [This isn't my situation since I don't have kids, but many people deal with this.]

To shorten this up: Rich people aren't inherently the problem. policies that make sh*t harder to succeed are, which are implimented by governing bodies, and while many rich people are involved in government most aren't.. There are specific reasons why rich people are rich and I don't believe that they are sucking the poor dry and in a board room rubbing their hands together trying to come up with new ways to f**k over poor people.

One more side note: To drive the point home. Andrew Yang is without a doubt rich. Yet he is not advocating for the crippling economic systems that Warren and Sanders are. The wish list economics that are pipe dreams. Bernie Sanders is also rich, but selling a pipe dream of free tuition... His policies reflect an anti-capitalistic agenda, which will continue to keep poor people poor.. Having to pay for things gives incentive. Stressful as senior year of undergrad was, paying for it gave me extreme incentive to finish. If tuition is free, that economic-based incentive is gone. Plus, if tuition is free then there will be an influx in the workers entering specific fields with a limited number of positions. We need people to do jobs they don't want to do in order for society to function. Do you think anyone grows up wanting to deliver mail, pick up garbage, work as a receptionist, work at a grocery store, or work as housekeeping staff at lodges, motels, and/or hostels? But these are things that need to be done for businesses and society to continue to function. To some degree having a poor population is necessary. It isn't fair, but income equality in what is discussed in the media and politics will never happen. Things can and should improve, but a lower class will always be present. Everyone can't be rich.

And I'm done since I'm sure none of you will read the entirety of this.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
fact that's actually a misquoted bible passage, but thats not your point. lol... But Money, like Alcohol, does tend to bring out people's dark sides.
I'm have never read the Bible (a little bit of it, actually) because I am not religious, so I don't know where you got the assumption I copied this from the Bible.

Overall, you have made some good points.

Also, I read all your message :wimwim:
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm have never read the Bible (a little bit of it, actually) because I am not religious, so I don't know where you got the assumption I copied this from the Bible.
Nah. I didn't think you copied, but when people use that colloquilism it is generally from the bible.

Also, I read all your message :wimwim:
You're probably the only one... And @raja , but she reads everything that I post, so...
 
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Nah. I didn't think you copied, but when people use that colloquilism it is generally from the bible.


You're probably the only one... And @raja , but she reads everything that I post, so...
:haylul: I am just to active and yaas tag me 😩
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread