- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 13,505
- Reactions Received
- 41,701
- Location
- Estonia
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 514
- Gender
- Non-Binary
- Pronouns
- He/They
- Ship
- Wreck
WARNING: THIS IS A LOOK INTO MY LIFE... I don't know why I am sharing it, maybe I just needed to. It's probably not anything like you expected.
I mean I'm still in school. (specifically in the last grade trying to finish it)
BUT...
I've always been smart.
It's as simple as that
I learnt to read before most other kids did
I learned maths sooner and quicker than others did
I read more complicated books before the others did
I won competitions etc etc
I was and still am ig... smart
And it fucked me over a LOT. in more ways that one....
For one... I was bullied.
it was the worst elementary school and then I think my classmates kinda grew up the end of middle school.
It's not just that I was smarter than the others. I was also younger. I went to school a full year younger than most kids.
I was also from the countryside and used to playing with boys.
I wasn't used to playing with other kids.
So I got bullied.
And this is the beginning of me struggling to make friends.
Like I still had friends, from music school, from boxing, just ppl I knew.
But ever since then I have struggled to fit in with larger groups of ppl or to insert myself into friendly conversations. (strangely enough, I've no problems if it isn't just a friendly conversation. If it is like a school assignment or just a stranger, I have no problems talking or striking up a conversation)
The other side of the problem is... I never had to study. EVER.
Not for tests, not for homework, not for anything.
Homework was most of the time simple enough to be done in mere minutes or before the lesson.
Tests I got the top grade without even trying.
I even have a good memory, so often times if I read the textbook parts etc once or twice... I remember it well enough to do good on the test.
I never had... to sit my ass down and study.
ever
From 1st grade to 9th grade I never had to... study.
Even classes were boring. In Maths I understood the topic in the first 15 minutes of the class and then had to sit there while everybody else tried to also understand it.
Most lessons had similar problems.
I was bored.
And then I started skipping classes, bcs well... the classes were boring and I could learn everything fast on my own.
And at first it was alright. I got away with it for years. Since from like 7th grade to 10th grade, I had no problems even while skipping class.
Sure sometimes I had to do some tests later but that was no problem.
The real problems started in 11th grade.
Most of you don't know it, but I was actually kicked out of my old school the end of the 11th grade.
See I was skipping too many classes.
And with that I was missing tests.
And then I had to redo basically ALL the tests.
WHich I then promptly forgot about.
Not to mention since I hadn't been to class basically at all, I REALLY didn't know the topics. Before I had been in class enough to grasp the topic and what is being talked about, but I was now skipping so much I didn't even really know what the topic was!
So that meant I had to study on my own.
Only I had no idea how to study
I had no motivation to plonk myself down and open a book
SO some tests I failed
Other tests I forgot about
And the very rare ones I found enough motivation to either go to class for or to study for it.
So by the end of the year... I had barely turned up, my grades were pretty shit and so I was kicked out.
But why did everything go to shit in 11th grade.
That is simple.
I had no friends
Nobody
The school I went to was a boarding school and I had NO friends. NONE
The year before I had gotten along with my roommate, so things were fine, but she moved into another dorm to be with ppl she was better friends with.
And the new dormmates I had.... I hated them all.
And I've never been the best at making or keeping friends so I had no other friends in the school either.
That meant I was spending 5 days a week talking to nobody.
I was on my computer day and night with no motivation to do anything else.
I'm pretty sure there were some weeks where I didn't talk at all outside of class.
So after I was kicked out, I went to an "adults" school (I dunno what y'alls country calls it tho) which has less days of work, but longer days.
So now I'm doing my best to finish school there.
I still have barely any study habits (it's getting better though)
I'm anxious as shit, bcs this coronavirus thing means I have had to do things at home which I have fallen behind on and is the reason I've been staying up at night late these days... I just can't sleep bcs when I try I get my mind screaming at me what a failure I am for not even bothering to finish one measly little worksheet.
And I still have no irl friends.
I mean I'm still in school. (specifically in the last grade trying to finish it)
BUT...
I've always been smart.
It's as simple as that
I learnt to read before most other kids did
I learned maths sooner and quicker than others did
I read more complicated books before the others did
I won competitions etc etc
I was and still am ig... smart
And it fucked me over a LOT. in more ways that one....
For one... I was bullied.
it was the worst elementary school and then I think my classmates kinda grew up the end of middle school.
It's not just that I was smarter than the others. I was also younger. I went to school a full year younger than most kids.
I was also from the countryside and used to playing with boys.
I wasn't used to playing with other kids.
So I got bullied.
And this is the beginning of me struggling to make friends.
Like I still had friends, from music school, from boxing, just ppl I knew.
But ever since then I have struggled to fit in with larger groups of ppl or to insert myself into friendly conversations. (strangely enough, I've no problems if it isn't just a friendly conversation. If it is like a school assignment or just a stranger, I have no problems talking or striking up a conversation)
The other side of the problem is... I never had to study. EVER.
Not for tests, not for homework, not for anything.
Homework was most of the time simple enough to be done in mere minutes or before the lesson.
Tests I got the top grade without even trying.
I even have a good memory, so often times if I read the textbook parts etc once or twice... I remember it well enough to do good on the test.
I never had... to sit my ass down and study.
ever
From 1st grade to 9th grade I never had to... study.
Even classes were boring. In Maths I understood the topic in the first 15 minutes of the class and then had to sit there while everybody else tried to also understand it.
Most lessons had similar problems.
I was bored.
And then I started skipping classes, bcs well... the classes were boring and I could learn everything fast on my own.
And at first it was alright. I got away with it for years. Since from like 7th grade to 10th grade, I had no problems even while skipping class.
Sure sometimes I had to do some tests later but that was no problem.
The real problems started in 11th grade.
Most of you don't know it, but I was actually kicked out of my old school the end of the 11th grade.
See I was skipping too many classes.
And with that I was missing tests.
And then I had to redo basically ALL the tests.
WHich I then promptly forgot about.
Not to mention since I hadn't been to class basically at all, I REALLY didn't know the topics. Before I had been in class enough to grasp the topic and what is being talked about, but I was now skipping so much I didn't even really know what the topic was!
So that meant I had to study on my own.
Only I had no idea how to study
I had no motivation to plonk myself down and open a book
SO some tests I failed
Other tests I forgot about
And the very rare ones I found enough motivation to either go to class for or to study for it.
So by the end of the year... I had barely turned up, my grades were pretty shit and so I was kicked out.
But why did everything go to shit in 11th grade.
That is simple.
I had no friends
Nobody
The school I went to was a boarding school and I had NO friends. NONE
The year before I had gotten along with my roommate, so things were fine, but she moved into another dorm to be with ppl she was better friends with.
And the new dormmates I had.... I hated them all.
And I've never been the best at making or keeping friends so I had no other friends in the school either.
That meant I was spending 5 days a week talking to nobody.
I was on my computer day and night with no motivation to do anything else.
I'm pretty sure there were some weeks where I didn't talk at all outside of class.
So after I was kicked out, I went to an "adults" school (I dunno what y'alls country calls it tho) which has less days of work, but longer days.
So now I'm doing my best to finish school there.
I still have barely any study habits (it's getting better though)
I'm anxious as shit, bcs this coronavirus thing means I have had to do things at home which I have fallen behind on and is the reason I've been staying up at night late these days... I just can't sleep bcs when I try I get my mind screaming at me what a failure I am for not even bothering to finish one measly little worksheet.
And I still have no irl friends.