📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (4 Viewers)

Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
221
Reactions Received
1,275
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I like Dune more too GoT was just not my style it took me 4 tries to finish book 1, and i am kinda proud that i called the ending 3.
If i want dark ill go Black company or the
Malazan Book of the Fallen which i really really like even as weird as it gets at times.
LOVE the first 3 Black Company books Some of my favorites but after 7 I stopped because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Malazan was too hard for me but I'm going to try again this year.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,803
Reactions Received
93,587
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,343
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
LOVE the first 3 Black Company books Some of my favorites but after 7 I stopped because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Malazan was too hard for me but I'm going to try again this year.
I Started with Deadhouse gates, maybe that made it easier as that was more compelling story than the siege in gardens of the moon. It is a hard set fits time i have read a set that spanned epochs.
quoting wiki "The series is not told in a linear fashion. Instead, several storylines progress simultaneously, with the individual novels moving backwards and forwards between them. As the series progresses, links between these storylines become more readily apparent."

The first 3 black company books are terrific. They likely only charted out the first 3 and had to really work to come up with the next ones.

The Belgariad is another set i have crazy rereads on.

Pern
Dragon lance.( first set ofc)
Drizit
Sanderson is getting mad rereads. Stormlight and the mistborn sets mostly.
As is Dresden that whole set is over 5 now.
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
221
Reactions Received
1,275
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I Started with Deadhouse gates, maybe that made it easier as that was more compelling story than the siege in gardens of the moon. It is a hard set fits time i have read a set that spanned epochs.
quoting wiki "The series is not told in a linear fashion. Instead, several storylines progress simultaneously, with the individual novels moving backwards and forwards between them. As the series progresses, links between these storylines become more readily apparent."

The first 3 black company books are terrific. They likely only charted out the first 3 and had to really work to come up with the next ones.

The Belgariad is another set i have crazy rereads on.

Pern
Dragon lance.( first set ofc)
Drizit
Sanderson is getting mad rereads. Stormlight and the mistborn sets mostly.
As is Dresden that whole set is over 5 now.
That's what I'm doing next time is starting right with Deadhouse and Skipping Gardens.
I feel like I've passed on the Belgariad and Drizzt age wise.
Tried Dresden, hated it.
Read 2 mistborn books and 2 Stormlight books. I'm pretty on the fence about Sanderson in general, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with Stormlight but I probably will finish the first Mistborn trilogy.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,803
Reactions Received
93,587
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,343
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
That's what I'm doing next time is starting right with Deadhouse and Skipping Gardens.
I feel like I've passed on the Belgariad and Drizzt age wise.
Tried Dresden, hated it.
Read 2 mistborn books and 2 Stormlight books. I'm pretty on the fence about Sanderson in general, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with Stormlight but I probably will finish the first Mistborn trilogy.
Yep ya can go back to Gardens to fill in the plot line questions. Its funny i complained about gunslinger feeling like Tarantino on crack, but Malazan is also very ping pong timeline wise to the point that from one book to another was hundreds of millennia backwards. I think deadhouse is the key to getting invested in the world.

I really love the thought Sanderson puts into the magic systems.
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
221
Reactions Received
1,275
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yep ya can go back to Gardens to fill in the plot line questions. Its funny i complained about gunslinger feeling like Tarantino on crack, but Malazan is also very ping pong timeline wise to the point that from one book to another was hundreds of millennia backwards. I think deadhouse is the key to getting invested in the world.

I really love the thought Sanderson puts into the magic systems.
That's the main reason I don't like Sanderson. Magic is too thought out for me and characters take a back seat to Magic.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,803
Reactions Received
93,587
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,343
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
That's the main reason I don't like Sanderson. Magic is too thought out for me and characters take a back seat to Magic.
I think in more and more books the magic is a character, it is a part of the world and in the fabric of the story.
How its controlled shaped and used impacts events.
Gandalf could wave his hands and we were impressed.
Now many want more, role playing games have made readers who understand systems and want detail.
He may go too far like Jordan did with his outfit descriptions, but as one of those roleplayers i love being able to conceptualize why things work.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
um, ill suggest some books,
The Book Thief
We Are The Ants
The Lovely Bones
Just going to say this I read an angry rant review about The Lovely Bones and I don't think I can ever read it now LMFAO
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Does anyone have any links to translated novels online? I'm broke but I want a new book to read :yolk:
If anyone has any, any genre, that would be great.
 
Last edited:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
now, im reading it and i dont think its bad but IM ANGRY TO KILLER AAAAAAAAAAAAA
No I don't think they had an issue with the story but they kept pointing out the weird ways the writer described things and I don't think I could take the series seriously as a result.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lighterxx
M

mysteric

Does anyone have any links to translated novels online? I'm broke but I want a new book to read :yolk:
If anyone has any, any genre, that would be great.
Not a novel, but Rejected Princesses is something I highly recommend. It’s basically short illustrated biographies of badass women throughout history. It’s also pretty diverse!
The website has a lot of entries but there are two books available
 

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
.
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
1,111
Reactions Received
5,054
Location
MEOW STAN SVT
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Does anyone have any links to translated novels online? I'm broke but I want a new book to read :yolk:
If anyone has any, any genre, that would be great.
WELP you know the website i gave you, that is option, otherwise i know majority of classics are available on internet for free!! and short story authors love sharing their mini books
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
WELP you know the website i gave you, that is option, otherwise i know majority of classics are available on internet for free!! and short story authors love sharing their mini books
I had lost the site you sent me actually but I just found it again lol
 

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
.
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
1,111
Reactions Received
5,054
Location
MEOW STAN SVT
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I had lost the site you sent me actually but I just found it again lol
OH should i send the link??? I know my friend uses an easier site, but i like this one better due to how fast it updates honestly o.o
 
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,382
Reactions Received
14,883
Location
Sun
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
20
Ship
No I don't think they had an issue with the story but they kept pointing out the weird ways the writer described things and I don't think I could take the series seriously as a result.
oh, i gues i understood
maybe its cause of the writer lived the same things too. she used his experiences i guess.
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
OH should i send the link??? I know my friend uses an easier site, but i like this one better due to how fast it updates honestly o.o
I think I found it, but thank you!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread