COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Books and Goals (3 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
For those who read frequently, do you have a book goal you want to complete for 2020? How many have you read this year?

For the purposes of this thread I will include graphic novels and manga as books. Even though you can complete one in an hour or two.. lol

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh boy I recently began The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson and currently there are 4 books out of a planned 10 book epic fantasy series. I want to finish atleast the 1st one- The Way of Kings before the year ends :nekosweat:

It's like over 1000 pages and I keep getting distracted by anime lol. Still, I'm planning to read without too many breaks coz a book of this scope and size- you almost forget different plot points and characters coz there are so many, unless you're reading continuously.

I want to finish books 2-4 in 2021 :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
i want to read at least 50 books next year. since i'm unemployed because of covid, i was bored and went through a reading phase in october where i read around 30 books, which was way too over the top. i'm reading part of a book every day now. :haylul: i'm reading a book about chinese mythology currently.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Oh boy I recently began The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson and currently there are 4 books out of a planned 10 book epic fantasy series. I want to finish atleast the 1st one- The Way of Kings before the year ends :nekosweat:

It's like over 1000 pages and I keep getting distracted by anime lol. Still, I'm planning to read without too many breaks coz a book of this scope and size- you almost forget different plot points and characters coz there are so many, unless you're reading continuously.

It'll depend on your reading speed and dedication. I remember when I started reading City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.. It was like 400 pages and it took me two days of reading for almost 12 hours a day... Also, the melodrama of that book also didn't help. lol

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Since i no longer have the patience to read i have started reading webtoons, and I have been a fan of True Beauty for a while. I'm excited and nervous for the drama remake :jisoosmh: As for goals I don't really have any just enjoy what gets posted ig

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It'll depend on your reading speed and dedication. I remember when I started reading City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.. It was like 400 pages and it took me two days of reading for almost 12 hours a day... Also, the melodrama of that book also didn't help. lol
I used to read a lot more frequently but I just get distracted too easily these days lol.
I've found that switching to audiobooks helps, I sometimes find them more engaging and also a lot faster :pepeheart:

There's also a format called graphic audio which is really amazing but also expensive, so I downloaded instead of buying a book lol. Listen to a snippet here, it sounds amazing :sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I used to read a lot more frequently but I just get distracted too easily these days lol.
I've found that switching to audiobooks helps, I sometimes find them more engaging and also a lot faster :pepeheart:

There's also a format called graphic audio which is really amazing but also expensive, so I downloaded instead of buying a book lol. Listen to a snippet here, it sounds amazing :sj_weary:

That wordplay though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
:nekosweat: To actually finish a book

I swear it wasn’t this hard before. I’m a speed reader and if I’m into it I can go through 1000+ pages a day but for the past year I haven’t found anything that kept my attention besides mxtx which is kinda pathetic

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I swear it wasn’t this hard before. I’m a speed reader and if I’m into it I can go through 1000+ pages a day but for the past year I haven’t found anything that kept my attention besides mxtx which is kinda pathetic
Us peasants are not worthy

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Well do you happen to know anything u think I’d like? I’m really desperate
What books did you really like. I could recommend similar ones.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
What books did you really like. I could recommend similar ones.
My favorite book is The Night Circus and then probably Six of Crows . Out of every 100 books I read 99 will be YA fantasy

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
My favorite book is The Night Circus and then probably Six of Crows . Out of every 100 books I read 99 will be YA fantasy
Lets see whats good YA: Twilight Sucks... the mortal instruments good; The raven boys is good; The Program is is good; Chronicles of Nick is sort of touch and go. Percy Jackson spin offs are good (e.g. Apollo and Magnus Chase books)... Night World books are good.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

it will really be 2 5 book sets. the next book willl tie up most threads and then there will be a time jump forward of some sort.
My sisters kids are into the audio versions of some form, while still buying the books to read. Listening to the story works for them while multi tasking.

As to op's question. Planed this year ofc had to read all the new books in those series i am engaged in.
And really big series i do full or partial rereads.
Stormlight
Starsight
Dresden
the Mull dragon sanctuary set.
i think there are more i am forgetting atm.

Wanted to reread foundation see how it holds up, got distracted in the last book. But ill knock it out.

Most of my casual reading is spur of the moment I will think of a book and reread the series.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

ack that is cheating so many books ahead of way of kings :)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
it will really be 2 5 book sets. the next book willl tie up most threads and then there will be a time jump forward of some sort.
My sisters kids are into the audio versions of some form, while still buying the books to read. Listening to the story works for them while multi tasking.

As to op's question. Planed this year ofc had to read all the new books in those series i am engaged in.
And really big series i do full or partial rereads.
Stormlight
Starsight
Dresden
the Mull dragon sanctuary set.
i think there are more i am forgetting atm.

Wanted to reread foundation see how it holds up, got distracted in the last book. But ill knock it out.

Most of my casual reading is spur of the moment I will think of a book and reread the series.
I had first bought the book on Kindle anyway lol, so sometimes I open my Kindle while listening to the audiobook just to see how the names/places are pronounced coz some of the spellings in fantasy can be wack :haylul:
I hope the characters/world doesn't dramatically change after book 5. Although if the first 5 books work well as a self contained fantasy arc and give you some closure, I guess it's good if you can skip book 6 onwards lol. Either way, I hope the timeskip isn't like thousands of years like some people like to do. I don't want book 6 to start with entirely new set of protagonists.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I hvnt been reading as much now, even tho iv got so much time for it, as much as i did in my teens-early twenties when i just read voraciously. But i dint hv tat many new books (or opportunity to buy the ones i could afford even if i knew abt them cos im in S.E.A. n availability/notability/renown/publicity/prominence was not quite as it is in the age of internet/mobile phones, so i dint even know of books i would like unless i read it somewhere.

So i reread the books i bought or borrowed from those ubiquitous book-rental shops in my local reach. By the time 2000s hit reading time/interest became inversely proportional to the number of books available both physically/digitally n mentally.

So the preamble is to explain i hvnt any reading goals but i hv read a few books during the last coupla mths, including "Peace Talks" and "Battle Ground" by Jim Butcher in his Dresden Files. Jack Reacher's latest "The Sentinel" by Lee n Andrew Child. N ofc "Shine" by Jessica Jung, there may hv been others but the one goal i do hv is to read Sherlock Holmes by A.C.Doyle in order of publication-60 canonical stories/books over/ard 100 yrs old or so. So far this yr, iv read the first 2 "A Study in Scarlet" n "The Sign of Four". Both good but my impatience is wats keeping from starting to read the next: 'A Scandal in Bohemia' a short story. There's over 50 more to go, mix of shorts n novels so idk if ill ever get around to completing the full canon. Time will tell.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I had first bought the book on Kindle anyway lol, so sometimes I open my Kindle while listening to the audiobook just to see how the names/places are pronounced coz some of the spellings in fantasy can be wack :haylul:
I hope the characters/world doesn't dramatically change after book 5. Although if the first 5 books work well as a self contained fantasy arc and give you some closure, I guess it's good if you can skip book 6 onwards lol. Either way, I hope the timeskip isn't like thousands of years like some people like to do. I don't want book 6 to start with entirely new set of protagonists.
he said it will be 10 years at fan signs. so it should not be awful :)
I think what he is really doing is preparing the fanbase for a longer than normal publishing gap from 5-6 but not crazy long maybe an extra year.
Dude is 44 and normal pace puts him 60ish by the end.

i bought the kickstarted leather bound set so I will get a few audio books as part of the package just for that name place thing.
i did the books on tape/cd thing for some of WoT and i had a 2 hour drive to work Uggg that was so awful .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread