COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

books i read recently that i didnt like (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
not ranked just whatever i think of

The Selection-Kiera Cass
this thing SUCKS. my classmate, who i now know has an IQ of -1000000, recommended this to me. she hyped this thing up so much i bought the box set. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
anyway the main character's name is America Singer, so you already know this book sucks. so this girl is the most obnoxious moron you've ever read about in your life and everything about this book makes 0 sense the author has no clue how literally anything works

The Catcher in the Rye-J.D Salinger
UGH. i read the book and 1 second later i promptly forgot everything about this trash. yeah yeah being boring as hell and having no plot or whatever is the point or something but i dont fucking care!!! im only asking for entertainment here i dont want fake deep boredom

The Handmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
this book is amazing. 311 pages and literally nothing happens??? wish i had margaret atwood's talent in stuffing useless words into things my school essays would be epic. the writing is so clumsy the plot + premise was stupid and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a waste of time

The Glittering Court-Richelle Mead
all i wanted to do was bang my head against a wall at the idiot main character and puke at the love interest who was supposed to be hot but was just revolting all around

Exo-Fonda Lee
bought it for the title. too bad it sucked, but it looks nice on my bookshelf

The Maze Runner-James Dashner
oh my god this clunky flaming pile of trash has wasted enough of my time already im not giving it any more

Traitor's Game-Jennifer A. Nielson
she had one really great series that rocked, too bad everything else she's ever written makes me puke. oh where did that talent go???

An Ember In The Ashes-Sabaa Tahir
urggggggggggggggg i couldnt make myself go further than a few chapters the writing was so stupid man

so anyway dont waste your time reading this stuff. Now that ive saved you all this time, go!!! stream!!! promise!!!

Ringwanderung

ad astra per aspera
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
:wimwim: i can smell the frustration, thanks for sharing your reviews:maheart: catcher in the rye wasn’t bad for me, but it’s very hit or miss for a lot of people

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
An Ember in the Ashes is good the rest of the series is where...Sabaa fucks up big time and I hate her for it.

The Selection I don't think is meant to be taken seriously, I read it for fun because its easy and slightly addictive because it gives into so many cheesy cliches that I can't help but to love it even if it isn't great.

The rest I either can't speak to or I agree on....like The Catcher in the Rye.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
An Ember in the Ashes is good the rest of the series is where...Sabaa fucks up big time and I hate her for it.
oh eww that's what's keeping me from reading the second book lool. the first book was only decent i can't imagine how much worse it could get :zoomeyes:

anyway i really liked catcher in the rye. but i was also an angsty preteen when i read it so maybe that's why

i liked maze runner too. tho the book would've been a lot better if it wasn't from thomas's perspective.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
The Selection I don't think is meant to be taken seriously, I read it for fun because its easy and slightly addictive because it gives into so many cheesy cliches that I can't help but to love it even if it isn't great.
Obviously I don’t expect something like The Selection to be deep or anything, but instead of a cheesy guilty pleasure book all I get is agony >: (

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The Handmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
this book is amazing. 311 pages and literally nothing happens??? wish i had margaret atwood's talent in stuffing useless words into things my school essays would be epic. the writing is so clumsy the plot + premise was stupid and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a waste of time
Everyone! This is a good book! Highly recommend it ^^

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I took English Lit during my A Levels and because I'm a slow reader, my mum tried to help me catch up by reading one of my books aloud to me, that book was The Handmaid's Tale. She got 4 pages in and told me that I'd have to read it by myself because it was a pretentious load of shite and she couldn't be bothered to read any more of it!

I don't think I ever actually finished it, the rest of the class finished it before me and started discussing the ending so I found out through them and then never bothered to read the rest.​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread