books i read recently that i didnt like (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
not ranked just whatever i think of

The Selection-Kiera Cass
this thing SUCKS. my classmate, who i now know has an IQ of -1000000, recommended this to me. she hyped this thing up so much i bought the box set. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
anyway the main character's name is America Singer, so you already know this book sucks. so this girl is the most obnoxious moron you've ever read about in your life and everything about this book makes 0 sense the author has no clue how literally anything works

The Catcher in the Rye-J.D Salinger
UGH. i read the book and 1 second later i promptly forgot everything about this trash. yeah yeah being boring as hell and having no plot or whatever is the point or something but i dont fucking care!!! im only asking for entertainment here i dont want fake deep boredom

The Handmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
this book is amazing. 311 pages and literally nothing happens??? wish i had margaret atwood's talent in stuffing useless words into things my school essays would be epic. the writing is so clumsy the plot + premise was stupid and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a waste of time

The Glittering Court-Richelle Mead
all i wanted to do was bang my head against a wall at the idiot main character and puke at the love interest who was supposed to be hot but was just revolting all around

Exo-Fonda Lee
bought it for the title. too bad it sucked, but it looks nice on my bookshelf

The Maze Runner-James Dashner
oh my god this clunky flaming pile of trash has wasted enough of my time already im not giving it any more

Traitor's Game-Jennifer A. Nielson
she had one really great series that rocked, too bad everything else she's ever written makes me puke. oh where did that talent go???

An Ember In The Ashes-Sabaa Tahir
urggggggggggggggg i couldnt make myself go further than a few chapters the writing was so stupid man

so anyway dont waste your time reading this stuff. Now that ive saved you all this time, go!!! stream!!! promise!!!
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
An Ember in the Ashes is good the rest of the series is where...Sabaa fucks up big time and I hate her for it.

The Selection I don't think is meant to be taken seriously, I read it for fun because its easy and slightly addictive because it gives into so many cheesy cliches that I can't help but to love it even if it isn't great.

The rest I either can't speak to or I agree on....like The Catcher in the Rye.
 

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
An Ember in the Ashes is good the rest of the series is where...Sabaa fucks up big time and I hate her for it.
oh eww that's what's keeping me from reading the second book lool. the first book was only decent i can't imagine how much worse it could get :zoomeyes:

anyway i really liked catcher in the rye. but i was also an angsty preteen when i read it so maybe that's why

i liked maze runner too. tho the book would've been a lot better if it wasn't from thomas's perspective.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
The Selection I don't think is meant to be taken seriously, I read it for fun because its easy and slightly addictive because it gives into so many cheesy cliches that I can't help but to love it even if it isn't great.
Obviously I don’t expect something like The Selection to be deep or anything, but instead of a cheesy guilty pleasure book all I get is agony >: (
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The Handmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
this book is amazing. 311 pages and literally nothing happens??? wish i had margaret atwood's talent in stuffing useless words into things my school essays would be epic. the writing is so clumsy the plot + premise was stupid and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a waste of time
Everyone! This is a good book! Highly recommend it ^^
 
Joined
30 May 2019
Messages
72
Reactions Received
214
Location
Tangina Land
Website
www.youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
The Maze Runner-James Dashner
I actually liked this book a lot despite having seen the movie first which was an "okay" movie.


The second book though.....now THAT is what I consider to be a real waste of time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis and Soleski

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I took English Lit during my A Levels and because I'm a slow reader, my mum tried to help me catch up by reading one of my books aloud to me, that book was The Handmaid's Tale. She got 4 pages in and told me that I'd have to read it by myself because it was a pretentious load of shite and she couldn't be bothered to read any more of it!

I don't think I ever actually finished it, the rest of the class finished it before me and started discussing the ending so I found out through them and then never bothered to read the rest.​
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
The Maze Runner-James Dashner
oh my god this clunky flaming pile of trash has wasted enough of my time already im not giving it any more
I'm glad we agree on at least one thing :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Wow
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread