can a person be hopeless? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
meaning that no matter what is done, what they or others try, and no matter how much time passes.....they will not change or get better? or do you think that every human, given proper help and resources, can change for the better? that there's no such thing as "someone who shouldn't exist"? sorry if this is confusing or too vague, but I'm just curious.......

I always believed in people too much, forgave too easily, and gave too many chances.... even though I thought that was something beautiful, people just thought of me as a fool and they were probably right

 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Uh I think change is always possible.

Still it'd be difficult to make something for say Sadam Hussein (just to avoid Godwin's law)

Even if beliefs can be changed, how to do it when the person is not willing to :umwhat:

That leads to unavoidable conflicts.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think there are hopeless individuals. I wouldn’t expect someone like Charles Manson to change one bit.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Duh have you SEEN a gg stan?
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Its possible, maybe not probable... The issue, I see, with using examples of Bin Ladin, Baghdadi, Charles Manson, Lenin, Hitler, and so on, is that they all exhibited the utmost pride... and prideful people, to that degree, tend to be so arrogant and are never to see beyond their own view of what is right. And the average person isn't like the aforementioned historical villains. To offer an everyday contextual example here: I have people in my life who struggle from addiction--One has been addicted to alcohol for almost 30 years; the other drugs for over 10 years. I don't see a come to Jesus moment for them anytime soon, but I do think there is always the possibility for them to change; having said that, certain people, while having the possibility, don't change not because they are unable, but because they are unwilling.

I think there are hopeless individuals. I wouldn’t expect someone like Charles Manson to change one bit.
True. It probably wouldn't matter if he changed though. People are still dead. edit: I probably shouldn't mention it since its 18+, but there are things that he did before that, which cemented him as scum at around the age of 18.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm not sure if any person is hopeless, but you cannot change people outside if they aren't willing it has to come from inside and it has to be genuine, and that can be bit hard.
 
D

Deleted member 74

I used to think people could always change, no matter what, but I was wrong. There really are so many people in this world who can't or won't change. Whether it's being a bad person, a certain mindset/view or even mental state. Someone who shouldn't or wasn't meant to exist, won't get truly better, I think of myself that way and honestly I've proven this to myself and others over the last two years. I really did. Most people who shouldn't have ever existed are the ones least likely to see themselves that way. As for given proper help and resources, sometimes it's just not enough to reach deeper things in a person.
There's a lot to say on a topic like this. I think all humans are hopeless individually in at least one aspect of their lives, some more than others.

They weren't right, you're not a fool for being like that. Having hope in people and forgiveness is beautiful and takes strength.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Yes, although rare... They're are a few people that can be extremely hopeless. But more so often people can fall into that pit of hopeless but not stay there... From what I've seen there usual a little hope it just need to be tapped into to. However those who are completely hopeless it's another story entirely...
 

dark_tranquility

YOα‘Œ α—ͺIα—ͺα‘Ž'T α—·α—΄Tα–‡α—©Y α—°α—΄, YOα‘Œ α—·α—΄Tα–‡α—©Yα—΄α—ͺ YOα‘Œα–‡Sα—΄α’ͺα–΄
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I always fall into my old habits and still remain two faced.
It's a bad trait to have, but I feel like it gets me out of sticky situations a lot of the time.
Especially with how dodge people in the world are.

Like I don't think I am ever gonna change from being two sides of the one coin.
I kind of like it too much.

I am hopelessly manipulative and even though I care for people, a lot of me doesn't.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and kodoku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread