I initially wanted to start ks as a blog where i can write about stuff on my own, but along the way my idea didn't materialize as i have no expertise whatsoever, that was at the start of 2016, so i took courses along the way in learning stuff about websites, how to set them up etc, eventually i forget all about my initial idea but i continued taking various courses. I mostly find interesting kpop stuff to read from twitter, somehow i managed to find onehallyu and found a whole different world in online communities. I just mainly lurk around soompi, onehallyu & allkpop.
In 2018 i decided to join allkpop and just figured i will just be a normal member there. I made some friends hanging out in the lounge section but i encountered some undesired individuals which made me went through a phase of depression so i took a break.
As luck would have it during the break, i fractured my ankle while jogging so i had 2 months of medical leave from work. While browsing other websites and missing my friends, i kinda thought to myself that i could create a community of my own with just my friends that i made during my time in allkpop, so i worked myself day and night for almost 3 weeks to create the site & that was how ks got created. I had no beef at all with anyone in allkpop, no warning points, i loved all the mods and users there, its just i can't handle aggression well so i shut myself away from it.
I hope that will satisfy your curiosity.