CL RECORDED A VERSION OF "LET ME LOVE YOU" BY JUSTIN BIEBER AND DJ SNAKE. (1 Viewer)

Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
If CL' songs are registered as hers, then she has all the rights over them but if she is sharing credits with others under YGE, is possible she could not release anything unless the profit is shared among the parties. On Minzy's case, it looks like YGE has all the rights, so it wouldn't be surprising if some of those songs ended up rearranged for any other artist.
If CL had the rights I think she would have leaked them by now. I don't see how leaving would make the songs legally more available for release.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ashla_K
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
If CL had the rights I think she would have leaked them by now. I don't see how leaving would make the songs legally more available for release.
Yeah, I think so too. Maybe she just wrote the lyrics and the arrangements belongs to other people. I'm not familiar with South korean laws on this matter but I've never seen this kind of conflict between artists and labels. We usually see more debate around contract terminations not about royalties or intellectual property.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenGirlCrush
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah, I think so too. Maybe she just wrote the lyrics and the arrangements belongs to other people. I'm not familiar with South korean laws on this matter but I've never seen this kind of conflict between artists and labels. We usually see more debate around contract terminations not about royalties or intellectual property.
Well even if you write the songs if you don't have whats called the "masters" you don't legally own your own creative property. In the 80's or so Michael Jackson brought a whole bunch of Beatles songs because the Beatles didn't have the masters even though they created the songs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ashla_K

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread