- Joined
- 2 October 2021
- Messages
- 21,800
- Reactions Received
- 50,582
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 18,454
- Fandom
- Multi
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Troublemaker
- Ship
- Wreck
cheeky done rightSometimes I wish Thor would hit you with his hammer!![]()
cheeky done rightSometimes I wish Thor would hit you with his hammer!![]()
My protege learns fast. Soon she'll be a comedic expert like me.cheeky done right![]()
Red Velvet is profitable. People like Hyo and Boa are not. I think the 1st and 2nd gens are at biggest risk here except Taeyeon, as well as the idea that every member of a group gets a mini. But I'd suspect those people locked in these solos in their renewal contract. I also think if your solo mini doesn't sell well, you won't get a second chance. And I think if you're not a popular member, all bets are off.Sometimes I wish Thor would hit you with his hammer!![]()
It's crazy to say this but I don't think 1 million sales saves anyone from being messed with when it comes to Hybe and that's because while looking up Gfriend stuff on Twitter I do see examples pop up of Hybe messing with Seventeen in ways like moving their variety show because it was clashed with TXTs timeslot as well as not using their fandom colours and they have an album that sold 3 million.The boy groups sell and tour too well still.
Boa is at risk.
Maybe they will have Kangta produce.
Oh! GG maybe
Aespa and RV are million sellers now. hard to see them letting them go.
now all the solo's may be done and the huge focus on side work for members.
So you're saying, if they disband them, you will just go on with your life as nothing happend?I'm already pretty much over Mashidam leaving Treasure and Loona breaking up, bUT IF HYBE DISBANDS RED VELVET AND AESPA (oh, ESPECIALLY Aespa!)- well, let's just say they're fucking lucky some of the artists on my stanlist happen to be under their umbrella! (TXT, Seventeen, Le Sserafim, NewJeans...)
Maybe send Bang PD the link to KS, just to be sure you tried everything in your powerIt’s the sound of defeat. I’ve realized as mad as I get about the situation, it won’t change anything realistically. I really really don’t want any of the groups I stan to be affected of course, but it’s not like HYBE will come across ks and decide, this users a huge stan of SuperM. Let’s not screw the group over. So yeah, I’m just waiting to see how bad the situation will be![]()
I was not aware I'm giving off a vibe that I'm not having funI never said that once. I always saying you could have more fun though. See, you wished harm on me and it made us all happy. Violence can solve problems and bring world peace.![]()
I was not aware you were csonidered a comedic expert hereMy protege learns fast. Soon she'll be a comedic expert like me.
Okay, I take that back - I'll be a fucking trainwreck!!! Red Velvet was one of my first K-pop groups, and I'm NOT about to let HYBE take that away!!! And Aespa - OMG they debuted just last year, have some mercy!So you're saying, if they disband them, you will just go on with your life as nothing happend?![]()
You are becoming somewhat of a doomsday prophetIt's crazy to say this but I don't think 1 million sales saves anyone from being messed with when it comes to Hybe and that's because while looking up Gfriend stuff on Twitter I do see examples pop up of Hybe messing with Seventeen in ways like moving their variety show because it was clashed with TXTs timeslot as well as not using their fandom colours and they have an album that sold 3 million.
Another thing to consider when it comes to who Hybe could potentially keep from SM and that is if you go through Hybes sub-labels that you'll notice none of them have more than 2 groups to a label (Big Hit - BTS & TXT, BeLift - Enhypen, Source - Le Sserafim, Ador - NewJeans & Pledis - Seventeen & Fromis) so I think there's a good chance of Hybe just keeping probably some form of NCT as I doubt they will keep all of it and aespa from SM as they won't have to worry about trademarks since I'm sure SM has all of the trademarks which they'll get from the acquisition.
Aespa actually debuted in 2020Okay, I take that back - I'll be a fucking trainwreck!!! Red Velvet was one of my first K-pop groups, and I'm NOT about to let HYBE take that away!!! And Aespa - OMG they debuted just last year, have some mercy!
STILL! That's still too young to for a permanent group!Aespa actually debuted in 2020![]()
I don't know how reliable this site is, but I see it a lot on twitter.. so at least many people seem to use itSeulgi* - 28 Reasons (mini) - 184,413
I really can't imagine why Hybe should want to disband themSTILL! That's still too young to for a permanent group!
Hybe chose to make new labels instead of using Big Hit for it so that's a choice they made instead of having it all under Big Hit they instead just associate Big Hit with all the new groups by calling them collab groups (Big Hit x Source Music for Le Sserafim, Big Hit x CJ ENM for Enhypen & Big Hit x Ador for NewJeans).You are becoming somewhat of a doomsday prophet
I do not think it does make sense to compare SM to all those other sub-labels, who were either newly formed or a lot smaller than SM to begin with and now assume that 80% the groups will be disbanded.
But maybe I'm just to naive like always... I also thought if a company like Disney investes such a big amount of money into buying Star Wars, they would certainly not treat it careless.. but oh well, maybe Hybe is better than that![]()
The thing you are leaving out here is that Gfriend have had a consistent area of sales from around 70-100k for years with the first time they sold over 60k being with their 4th comeback and their sales would just always fluctuate around the same range which during this time girl groups were not selling 1 million albums and the most was under 500k and even 100k for a girl group was a huge milestone.I don't know how reliable this site is, but I see it a lot on twitter.. so at least many people seem to use it
But they have Red Velvets 2022 year listed with 2,4 mio albums sold:
![]()
Red Velvet Sales Summary
Korean: 레드벨벳 Debut: Korea: August 1st, 2014 Japan: July 4th, 2018 Members: Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Yeri Label: SM Entertainment Kore...koreansalestwt.blogspot.com
Also the birthday album is listed with more than 1 mio sales (gaon), which would also make them million sellers
Other sources also reported on this
![]()
Red Velvet Officially Becomes Million Sellers With “The ReVe Festival 2022 – Birthday” | Soompi
Red Velvet has just reached a huge milestone in their music career! The group's mini album “The ReVe Festival 2022 – Birthday,” which was released lastwww.soompi.com
Looking at Gfriend stats in comparion from the same site:
![]()
GFRIEND Sales Summary
Korean: 여자친구 Japanese: ママム Debut: Korea: June 19th, 2014 Japan: October 3rd, 2018 Members: Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji La...koreansalestwt.blogspot.com
Their total career sales are not even one million and the last album only sold 70k copies? I'm not sure what to believe here, people always say Gfriend was doing well, but if you look at the pure numbers, it was not so well![]()
I'm not sure what the point of your first paragrpah is tbh, so what difference does it make to us as fans if they use only big hit directly, or do the big hit x other label thing?Hybe chose to make new labels instead of using Big Hit for it so that's a choice they made instead of having it all under Big Hit they instead just associate Big Hit with all the new groups by calling them collab groups (Big Hit x Source Music for Le Sserafim, Big Hit x CJ ENM for Enhypen & Big Hit x Ador for NewJeans).
That's not even getting into the fact that Pledis was planning a 10th anniversary comeback for Nu'est and a reason Gfriend might have not known when their contracts ended being that they were terminated 6 months early if the rumours about them ending in November are true and would add up with SinB saying she was fired.
You don't have to be a doomsday prophet to see what Hybe is doing as much as they tell you otherwise like I saw an article about an interview recently where Bang Sihyuk denied Hybe was becoming a monopoly and right Garam wasn't a bully either and they were going to sue anyone accusing her until they put her on hiatus from Le Sserafim and realised the group did just fine without her.
I'd happily give a company the benefit of the doubt if they seem to be a good company overall but I have seen very little to show Hybe as a good company and even then I don't talk about stuff where I can see the logic in it like Hybe dropped Source Musics boy group trainees due to TXT having debuted recently which while I'm not sure I agree with the decision as I think they could have co-existed but the logic is there that they could have clashed.
I'm not sure how I left anything out, in the link I posted their entire sales history is listed for every individual album!The thing you are leaving out here is that Gfriend have had a consistent area of sales from around 70-100k for years with the first time they sold over 60k being with their 4th comeback and their sales would just always fluctuate around the same range which during this time girl groups were not selling 1 million albums and the most was under 500k and even 100k for a girl group was a huge milestone.
Gfriend had shown clear signs before Hybe bought Source Music that their album sales were stagnant in an expanding market so you can't use Gfriends album sales against them because Hybe knew what album sales they had going into it and if they thought they were going to magically give Gfriend a 5 year old group at the time which until Oh My Girl broke out was unheard of a group that old seeing any kind of exponential growth then that was a foolish thought.