COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

MV Did Pentagon just release boy group SOTY? (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
First I thought Black Swan wouldn't be topped by any boy group release this year, but Seventeen's Left & Right did it. But Pentagon came out swingin' for the fences and this might be my favorite boy group release this year, so good :sj_weary:

The vocals and choreo, good lord :sj_weary:
The guitar solo towards the end and then Hui's high note, what a madlad, I've heard some high notes in Kpop but this dude :sj_weary:

It's a shame this isn't a proper comeback, but seems to be their Road to Kingdom release, much like labelmates (G)I-dle did with Lion last year. These Cube groups know what's up. Just like IDLE, Pentagon are also self-composing. There have been hits and misses, but to me Basquiat is an out and out knockout.

The MV and instrumental also seem grand and epic, the visuals give me Mad Max vibes too.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oooh I love it! I want to see a full movie version of this though. :sanapray:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oooh I love it! I want to see a full movie version of this though. :sanapray:
Yeah Pentagon is very hit or miss with me, but the whole aesthetic here looked so intriguing, I decided to check out :sanapray:
And it goes all out from the start, and so epic, I love it :sj_weary:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah Pentagon is very hit or miss with me, but the whole aesthetic here looked so intriguing, I decided to check out :sanapray:
And it goes all out from the start, and so epic, I love it :sj_weary:
Same with me! I barely like any of their songs and literally only watched this cause you posted it :haylul:
I went in with no expectations but this surprised me. I like it a lot. I also just started to watch RTK and they're a very talented group. I'm on the verge of stanning a bunch of bg because of the show...

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Same with me! I barely like any of their songs and literally only watched this cause you posted it :haylul:
I went in with no expectations but this surprised me. I like it a lot. I also just started to watch RTK and they're a very talented group. I'm on the verge of stanning a bunch of bg because of the show...
Yeah I haven't even kept up with them after E'Dawn leaving lol, I did check out their titles at a later time but nothing impressed me really, but this one was :sj_weary:
LMAO I've purposely avoided RTK because boy groups and no investment in any one, I've only seen the one performance where Yooa showed up :haylul: And it's only meant to be a gateway to the actual Kingdom show where there will be bigger names so might check that one out.

Pentagon are very talented no doubt. Great vocals, rap and dance, plus usually write and produce themselves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I didn't watch RTK but this made me interested. Pentagon has always been hit or miss for me but I like this.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I didn't watch RTK but this made me interested. Pentagon has always been hit or miss for me but I like this.
This still isn't enough to get me into the group or the show but it's been on repeat since last night in my playlist :haylul:
Pentagon is so inconsistent, when they're good they're really good though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread