- Joined
- 8 March 2019
- Messages
- 6,995
- Reactions Received
- 12,662
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 691
- Fandom
- Exo L
- Gender
- Male
- Ship
I'm sure a lot of people find buying k-pop albums digitally as illegimiate, but I am sure that is at least one person on KS that has done it or is considering it; for this I will give some arguments for it...
#1: You don't get huge photobooks with digital collections. While this is true, it is still within one's own ability to find the images held within the photobook online and save them on their computer...
#2: But... in a physical release you get a photocard. Do you get a photocard with digital albums... No you don't. Simple solution. Find an image of the photocard, paste it into paint, turn paint file into a png file. Print the image. Glue it to a piece of glossy cardstock...
#3 Buying physically supports artists more than buying digitally. This is true, but I bought a Woohyun album from a craigslist vender. The vender supported Woohyun when they purchased the album, but when I purchased it, I technically did not financially support Woohyun. Does that illegitimize that mini album within my collection? I don't think so.
#4 But when my k-pop friends come to my house to see my collection and they see a shelf full of cd-r's in plastic cases, they will give me a side-eye...
... Seriously?! ... You have irl friends who like k-pop.. U is lucky 
Is this post the most idiotic thing you've ever heard? Quite possibly... But I was thinking about the two albums I bought on itunes a couple years ago and I let my mind run away from me... and figured: why shouldn't this count for my daily thread
#1: You don't get huge photobooks with digital collections. While this is true, it is still within one's own ability to find the images held within the photobook online and save them on their computer...
#2: But... in a physical release you get a photocard. Do you get a photocard with digital albums... No you don't. Simple solution. Find an image of the photocard, paste it into paint, turn paint file into a png file. Print the image. Glue it to a piece of glossy cardstock...
#3 Buying physically supports artists more than buying digitally. This is true, but I bought a Woohyun album from a craigslist vender. The vender supported Woohyun when they purchased the album, but when I purchased it, I technically did not financially support Woohyun. Does that illegitimize that mini album within my collection? I don't think so.
#4 But when my k-pop friends come to my house to see my collection and they see a shelf full of cd-r's in plastic cases, they will give me a side-eye...
Is this post the most idiotic thing you've ever heard? Quite possibly... But I was thinking about the two albums I bought on itunes a couple years ago and I let my mind run away from me... and figured: why shouldn't this count for my daily thread