Do Japanese versions of songs seem like less effort was put into it to you? (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It sure does to me. The vocals seem weaker (which could be due to a language difference and phonetic change), the vocal production seems to lack, and it honestly just seems like a knock-off to me. The vocals don't blend in as well to the music either. It's interesting, because this isn't for songs that are originally in Japanese, but only songs that they put in a repackaged version that are in Japanese.









The only exception for this I could see are all of the EXID songs, honestly. Truly legendary.

 
Last edited:

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
it depends... I guess
Lots of people love NCT127's Japanese tracks more than their Korean tracks

I think it is very difficult to translate a song in another language whilst you have to make sure that it fits with the song and the tempo whilst sticking to the translation as close as possible
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it depends... I guess
Lots of people love NCT127's Japanese tracks more than their Korean tracks

I think it is very difficult to translate a song in another language whilst you have to make sure that it fits with the song and the tempo whilst sticking to the translation as close as possible
My main issue is the vocals, honestly.
 
Joined
4 September 2019
Messages
368
Reactions Received
1,247
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
It's not that less effort was put into it, it's that they can't show their full potential in a language they're not too comfortable in. The Person 5 OST singer has improved her English immensely since the game came out and the songs sound way better live then they did in the studio when she recorded it in 2015-2016. If you're second guessing pronunciation and stuff and getting caught in our head you won't be able to 100% focus on just singing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: umpheri and Mayday
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,612
Reactions Received
93,429
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,194
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
to be honest While i rip the whole albums i only add the original track to my play list.
Although not for any other reason than i already know teh song in one language so not messing with that in my head with another one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: umpheri

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I feel same way, they just appear like rushed versions to me and don't often sound as good. I prefer original japanese songs over them a lot, I don't actually listen japanese versions anymore cause they aren't as good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: umpheri and Mayday
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
When I have listened to a song for a while, and I hear it in another language, I can’t listen to it. It doesn’t seem cohesive and sometimes the vocals are not the same.
 
  • Like
Reactions: umpheri
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I love japan version the easy to sing and the videos are different so more images for me
 
  • Like
Reactions: umpheri

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread