Do you ever get scared of taking new medications? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I've always been like this with certain medications, especially with an anxiety medication I'm taking now. I was so afraid to take and I even had a breakdown after I tried a small piece of the pill tablet. But that was years ago so we're okay now :sanapray:


I still do struggle with taking new medications though. What scares me the most about it is having adverse side effects. Recently my psychiatrist put me on a new medication and took me over a month just to take it because I'm still a bit scared of what it can do to me
ono.png



Does anyone else get like this?
 
Joined
4 April 2020
Messages
139
Reactions Received
190
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Yup...I have a bad habit of reading others' experiences with the same medicine which can be helpful in terms of seeing common side effects/advice but you also tend to only hear the horror stories rather than the good, so I get nervous that I'll have a horrible experience too.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Not anymore. The only thing would be my 2nd covid dose which will be coming up in a few days.

But I don't like that my current medication puts me in a place that after one beer I feel really exhausted and an out of body feeling.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
If I'm skeptical about medication I'll usually research into it but I don't ever avoid taking it unless I find something big
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
no, I´m ready to die so why worry
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread