Do you have any tips for dealing with stress from college? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I'm sure a lot of us college kids can relate to this, but good god I'm so over college. I've been in college for several years (I had to take a few semesters off for my mental health though) and I don't even know how I've gotten through all the stress from it. This semester is especially hard because right now I'm taking two classes right now and they're pretty difficult. Especially my Precalculus class since I'm horrible at math. My other class is difficult since there's a lot of writing, but I do think I'll do fairly descent in it. It's just that there's a lot of work due each week just from these two classes alone.

And to top that off, my OCD and ADD make it hard to complete my assignments in a timely manner, which stress me out more :lazypotato:

Then after February, if I can actually manage to pass Precalculus, I have 3 more classes to take and I just-
ono.png

I mean, yes, it was my choice to take on 5 classes this semester. But I did it so that I can finally graduate and I don't the school I'm attending anyways.

On top of all this, I want to go to graduate school since a masters degree is required for the career I want, but I'm afraid of not getting accepted into a good school
ono.png


Anyways, does anyone have any tips? Ya girl needs some help
ono.png
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I feel you with the stress from college lately, I've been swamped with stuff to do as I'm nearing graduation. :nekosweat:

What I tend to do to destress is like take a shower or bath(i d on't take baths tho), drink something warm and calming like some tea or hot chocolate, exercising is great for stress relief and it's a good pass of time, watching funny videos, all of these things are part of self care that can help you relax. For me these things are ok in my mind because I am reminding myself to take care of myself and that is the most important thing in order for you to succeed in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk and Mangoey

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hey ADHD gal here who has at least one degree.

The best thing you can do for ADHD is dividing your time up and create a proper schedule and find a method of studying that works best for you. So spend like a certain amount of time studying and then take a break and do something you REALLY enjoy. Do a chore or something you need to do. Then go back to studying and just repeat this process.

It also can help if you are in a study group-I know I study best when people are quizzing me. I retain the information better and the people usually find a way to make it fun. Create a routine, and schedule and find a way to make the studying fun and educational. If you find yourself getting overwhelmed take a step back and relax, do self-care, or something you really enjoy to calm you down, and just don't worry about it for a moment.

ADD makes things take longer and sometimes fucks with your focus but you can use it to divvy up your time in a more fun and manageable way.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not specifically for college, but try journaling! Writing down your thoughts lets you see them from a clearer perspective.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread