Do You Like Country Music? (1 Viewer)

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not really the biggest country music fan. It's not that bad, but I don't really care much for it. You probably wouldn't find me going out of my way to listen to it (although I basically only listen to kpop nowadays so it's not like I'm listening to any other genres either).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not really the biggest country music fan. It's not that bad, but I don't really care much for it. You probably wouldn't find me going out of my way to listen to it (although I basically only listen to kpop nowadays so it's not like I'm listening to any other genres either).
Did you like the song in the OP though? :umjicry:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Minuteman

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Did you like the song in the OP though? :umjicry:
I think it's good. And I do think there are good country songs out there, it's just that as a whole it's a genre I don't listen to and don't usually want to listen to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I love country music.

This is my favorite Kacey MV:



And here's something older.



And finally, one for those who are friends with Jose Cuervo:

 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
A bit late to post, but whatever. I would say that I like the genre in a similar way that I like K-Pop: I haven't listened to every song within the genre, but have listened to enough songs to make a value judgment. Its an acquired taste. The draw for me is the similarity it has with Blues.

IKR! People overreact about country music
Its funny though. I read a survey recently that said almost a third of the US population listens to Country, but it [the survey] was from a news source, so it may be sketchy. But I think there's a difference, also, between Post-Modern country (i.e. Lil Nas X) Modern Country (i.e. T-Swift [pre red], Carrie Underwood, Kellie Picker, Chris Young, etc.) Early Modern (i.e. Kenny, Tim, Faith, Sarah, Martina, etc.) and Late-Early (i.e. George Straight) and Mid-Golden (i.e. Willie, Goldie) and Early Golden (i.e. Hank Williams Sr.)...

The Post-Modern group seems to be sketchy. The use of rap instead of singing makes it... erm... inauthentic and weird. I know a lot of people may hate the recent stuff, but perhaps would like the early periods. Songs like Jolene, Concrete Angel, You were mine, etc would be universal to the listener. Also, I think people tend to disregard it as a genre, because of the accent while singing or perceptions that its all partying and small town life sort of vibes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread