do you like this world? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
how do you view this world and do you enjoy living in it? why do you like or dislike it?

I'm asking because I was just watching anime vids and at some point, a few tears fell down my face lol. I stopped and wondered what exactly the reason was and I realized it's because I feel trapped in this world shaped by other people's rules and preferences... I don't like that, I wish I could be healthy, young, and beautiful.. just free to do what I love, what I choose, but I understand that it is what it is and I can only take what I can get and do the best I can with it... it still saddens and frustrated me tho... the fake and shallow people, the pointless jobs and meaningless conversations we waste our days on... I feel like everything is being wasted away, but it's also up to me isn't it? I should change the things that I can change to get closer to a world more like the one in my dreams...this world is full of bright and beautiful things like animals and nature, and all kinds of wonderful people, but I keep having to try so hard to remind myself of that because, somehow, it all gets swept away by all the things that make me jaded and sick.. I've come a long way though, I'll continue to try.. hehe

 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,536
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yes.
That it is not a full on Hobbesian existence still surprises me.
That anyone chooses to think beyond themselves is amazing.
That so many ie the vast majority of the planet do so is crazy.
For sure they are not 'perfect' whatever your definition of that term is, but people are amazing.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,536
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think people get locked in their own little echo chambers and miss so much.
People die to save strangers.
Folks around the globe get up every day and sacrifice to help others, and because a few things are wrong we blame the world or others.
They are not the problem ... we are.
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think there's plenty of dumb and bad in this world, but I like living in this world and I think there's good that makes it worth it. Yeah there are a lot of dumb and shitty people, but there are also a lot of kind people who will make your day better. There are so many beautiful things in the world and in the universe for us to see. There are discoveries to be made every day, new, fun things to do, fun and friendly interactions to be had. There's plenty out there that makes this world one that I like living in, to me at least.

Of course there are things I wish were different. I wish there weren't selfish people who step all over others to get what they want. I wish there wasn't hunger and disease. I wish there wasn't violence, crime, and war. I wish we weren't destroying our planet, literally the only place in this whole universe that we can survive on.

But I think that if there are things you don't like about the world, then it should be your goal to change it in some way, so that even if it's not better for you by the time you leave, it can still be better for those who come after you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I think liking vs disliking this world is more a matter of whether you focus either on the positive or the negative; the old thing about seeing a glass either half full or half empty. Oftentimes it's a choice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread