Do You Think Loona Will Take The BTS Route? (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Most of us know that BTS's boost and large popularity came from their hella strong international fandom. They hyped them up, promoted them everywhere and basically did everything their company's marketing team should've done. BTS's big ass Korean fandom came after their international fans broke them into this wide scale popularity.

So, do you think Loona will follow a similar path? Everyone knows their international fandom is way bigger than their Korean fandom. I think most of their music is even catered to their international fans. Also, Orbits are pretty similar to Armys when it comes to social media promotion.

Thoughts?​
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Maybe. It depends on their music style in the end. But having a big international fandom definitely helps :llama_prance:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Maybe. It depends on their music style in the end. But having a big international fandom definitely helps :llama_prance:
I think there was a comparison on them with BTS because they're both promoting that self love message, early on in their careers. Loona's Butterfly is a very empowering song with an empowering video as well.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean Orbits are loyal and obsessive af which is always good for a group's success but in terms of numbers, they're still pretty low. I hope they keep getting regular comebacks so the fandom grows even more. Like their Youtube channel subscribers are still pretty low and their views aren't amazing either, so there's some ways to go.

On the plus side, BBC is unlike any Kpop agency and is willing to spend anything so atleast we'll always get content and don't have to worry about long hiatuses or disbandment anytime soon hopefully.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean Orbits are loyal and obsessive af which is always good for a group's success but in terms of numbers, they're still pretty low. I hope they keep getting regular comebacks so the fandom grows even more. Like their Youtube channel subscribers are still pretty low and their views aren't amazing either, so there's some ways to go.

On the plus side, BBC is unlike any Kpop agency and is willing to spend anything so atleast we'll always get content and don't have to worry about long hiatuses or disbandment anytime soon hopefully.
I think their physical sales are already pretty high for a newly debut GG, if we choose to ignore the 2 year debut project. But yeah, the YT stats aren't as great right now but I don't think BTS's were either, at first. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they progress, especially considering the path their following is pretty unique to GGs and not really been done in Kpop before.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think their physical sales are already pretty high for a newly debut GG, if we choose to ignore the 2 year debut project. But yeah, the YT stats aren't as great right now but I don't think BTS's were either, at first. It'll definitely be interesting to see how they progress, especially considering the path their following is pretty unique to GGs and not really been done in Kpop before.
Yeah they only have like 545K subscribers on their YT channel but if not BTS, I think they'll still become a group like Vixx maybe- who were never the most popular but have a solid following and are highly regarded.
But yeah their path to popularity might follow BTS although not to the same degree obviously.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I hope they get their first win soon though, I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and they have good physicals but it would mean a lot to the girls :pepecry2::pandabeg:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah they only have like 545K subscribers on their YT channel but if not BTS, I think they'll still become a group like Vixx maybe- who were never the most popular but have a solid following and are highly regarded.
But yeah their path to popularity might follow BTS although not to the same degree obviously.
Oh that would be great too. Tbh these days, GGs can be stuck at mid-tier and still make quite a bit of money with their dedicated fandom. Hopefully, if Loona doesn't manage to breakout, they can still retain an extremely dedicated fandom and do tours. They're already able to sell out a 2K capacity concert so I'm sure they'll be able to make some bank.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Ifans are where they need to focus because they really have a lot of potential there. Korea is important of course too but imo for Loona, their best shot is getting big internationally first
Yeah I think their company realizes this too which is why they're promoting Butterfly this well even if it's just a repack single.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I hope they get their first win soon though, I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and they have good physicals but it would mean a lot to the girls :pepecry2::pandabeg:
Yeah after watching Sorn's YT thing, I realized how much a 1st win means to idols so I really wish any group out there is able to get a 1st win some day :')
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Oh that would be great too. Tbh these days, GGs can be stuck at mid-tier and still make quite a bit of money with their dedicated fandom. Hopefully, if Loona doesn't manage to breakout, they can still retain an extremely dedicated fandom and do tours. They're already able to sell out a 2K capacity concert so I'm sure they'll be able to make some bank.
Yeah esp coz these days the gg market is about to become so overcrowded, but groups like WJSN for example are mid tier but getting great sales too. But with Itzy, Iz*One, Idle and new YG/SM GGs about to step in, being a top 3 or top 5 group will be tough, esp coz current top 5 is still going strong.

Btw do you think they will or should still come out with subunit releases/comebacks or stick to OT12 for the most part?
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah esp coz these days the gg market is about to become so overcrowded, but groups like WJSN for example are mid tier but getting great sales too. But with Itzy, Iz*One, Idle and new YG/SM GGs about to step in, being a top 3 or top 5 group will be tough, esp coz current top 5 is still going strong.

Btw do you think they will or should still come out with subunit releases/comebacks or stick to OT12 for the most part?
Tbh if they have the money, I don't see why not. They should promote in as many ways as they can I suppose. But I do hope that company is trying to save some money at least.
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Most of us know that BTS's boost and large popularity came from their hella strong international fandom. They hyped them up, promoted them everywhere and basically did everything their company's marketing team should've done. BTS's big ass Korean fandom came after their international fans broke them into this wide scale popularity.

So, do you think Loona will follow a similar path? Everyone knows their international fandom is way bigger than their Korean fandom. I think most of their music is even catered to their international fans. Also, Orbits are pretty similar to Armys when it comes to social media promotion.

Thoughts?​
I've actually been thinking about this since Butterfly teasers started dropping. I always saw Loona as BTS junior, following a similar path but with more limited appeal because they're a girl group and there are no oppars to step on the necks of the young female audience that all of these groups are marketed towards. I could write a book on why the most popular concepts in kpop don't resonate well with international audiences outside of Asia, but I'll just say that Loona's music has been arguably more palatable to western ears from the start, their narrative concept and cinematic visuals capitalize on the same kind of appeal that gets people hooked on those really confusing television shows, and now, if Jaden & company are going this hard on working politics of inclusion into their concept and, in my opinion, doing it as well as they did with Butterfly, then I think Loona's window of opportunity for international success has opened quite a bit wider. These are issues that resonate with their core audience and, more generally speaking, dominate political and social discussion at all levels, whatever you personally happen to think of them. It's a way to confront the west on its own turf, in its own musical and conceptual language, and I think it has a lot of potential. Do I think Loona will ever become the phenomenon that BTS is? Certainly not. In pop music, cute boys will win over anything, for better or worse, and I still think all kinds of things like the language barrier, general prejudices, relative marketing budgets, and lots of other details play a role in mitigating the success of foreign groups, but if any kpop girl group can legitimately break into international markets outside of Asia, why not Loona?

TLDR; fly like a butterfly
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I've actually been thinking about this since Butterfly teasers started dropping. I always saw Loona as BTS junior, following a similar path but with more limited appeal because they're a girl group and there are no oppars to step on the necks of the young female audience that all of these groups are marketed towards. I could write a book on why the most popular concepts in kpop don't resonate well with international audiences outside of Asia, but I'll just say that Loona's music has been arguably more palatable to western ears from the start, their narrative concept and cinematic visuals capitalize on the same kind of appeal that gets people hooked on those really confusing television shows, and now, if Jaden & company are going this hard on working politics of inclusion into their concept and, in my opinion, doing it as well as they did with Butterfly, then I think Loona's window of opportunity for international success has opened quite a bit wider. These are issues that resonate with their core audience and, more generally speaking, dominate political and social discussion at all levels, whatever you personally happen to think of them. It's a way to confront the west on its own turf, in its own musical and conceptual language, and I think it has a lot of potential. Do I think Loona will ever become the phenomenon that BTS is? Certainly not. In pop music, cute boys will win over anything, for better or worse, and I still think all kinds of things like the language barrier, general prejudices, relative marketing budgets, and lots of other details play a role in mitigating the success of foreign groups, but if any kpop girl group can legitimately break into international markets outside of Asia, why not Loona?

TLDR; fly like a butterfly
Yes to this whole post :maheart:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've actually been thinking about this since Butterfly teasers started dropping. I always saw Loona as BTS junior, following a similar path but with more limited appeal because they're a girl group and there are no oppars to step on the necks of the young female audience that all of these groups are marketed towards. I could write a book on why the most popular concepts in kpop don't resonate well with international audiences outside of Asia, but I'll just say that Loona's music has been arguably more palatable to western ears from the start, their narrative concept and cinematic visuals capitalize on the same kind of appeal that gets people hooked on those really confusing television shows, and now, if Jaden & company are going this hard on working politics of inclusion into their concept and, in my opinion, doing it as well as they did with Butterfly, then I think Loona's window of opportunity for international success has opened quite a bit wider. These are issues that resonate with their core audience and, more generally speaking, dominate political and social discussion at all levels, whatever you personally happen to think of them. It's a way to confront the west on its own turf, in its own musical and conceptual language, and I think it has a lot of potential. Do I think Loona will ever become the phenomenon that BTS is? Certainly not. In pop music, cute boys will win over anything, for better or worse, and I still think all kinds of things like the language barrier, general prejudices, relative marketing budgets, and lots of other details play a role in mitigating the success of foreign groups, but if any kpop girl group can legitimately break into international markets outside of Asia, why not Loona?

TLDR; fly like a butterfly
wow you really said everything. I defently agree with this
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread