Do you think money buys happiness? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I think it buys comfort and a good home but I don't think it always buys happiness. You can be a millionare and still be depressed but you can very poor and be very happy. I think money buys you superficial happiness or happiness that lasts only for a very little time.

What do you think?​
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Money itself, as a piece of paper, as an artificial thing that we have created, something that doesn't exist in the natural world, ofc doesn't bring happiness... but we've given it so much meaning.. money can give you many things that do bring happiness.......it can better one's health, it can allow you to see the world and change it in many ways, make it possible to improve things and help animals and people, and so on......so yeah I do think it brings some happiness if used wisely, but I think it's a prison we've put ourselves in and having too much of it is as bad as having too little of it. It's just not something we should become obsessed with. I think we all should work enough to have enough and give anything more than that away, probably..
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Money itself, as a piece of paper, as an artificial thing that we have created, something that doesn't exist in the natural world, ofc doesn't bring happiness... but we've given it so much meaning.. money can give you many things that do bring happiness.......it can better one's health, it can allow you to see the world and change it in many ways, make it possible to improve things and help animals and people, and so on......so yeah I do think it brings some happiness if used wisely, but I think it's a prison we've put ourselves in and having too much of it is as bad as having too little of it. It's just not something we should become obsessed with. I think we all should work enough to have enough and give anything more than that away, probably..
That is really interesting. I agree, money can bring happiness to many people if used wisely and can have a very long lasting impact on people positively and negatively. If used properly, so money could be used for long lasting happiness instead of just superficial happiness which we see today. Hopefully, we can see money having a more positive imapct on people than negative in the future.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
no. what actually brings happiness are the people you surround yourself with, being carefree.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Honestly, being logical, in my opinion it does. So many issues are caused due to a lack of money. I feel like the term was invented to make sure the youth know that money isn't the only way to be happy, however, with money, you can achieve a much higher level of happiness. As much as we don't want it to, it just does. Rather than "happiness" itself, I'd say money buys comfort. That comfort leads to happiness. Money does buy happiness, but money is not the only way to be happy.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think you definitely need money for a setting where happiness can be achieved. Without stable income, you will worry about money, what u will eat, what ur family will eat, how to pay rent. You might have medical conditions that affect your health and happiness badly, but you are inable to take care of them. You might not have funds to really go for your dreams (like travelling or some other stuff like that) or what ur passionate about. Money doesn't guarantee happiness, but it's better to sleep with full belly and roof on your head.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread