COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you think Red Velvet will renew their contracts? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I talked about it a bit in another thread, but I'm wondering what some of you think.
1610727018177.png

I personally feel like they will, with the exception of Irene and maybe Joy. Joy seems kinda done with it tbh, and she's my ult bias so I'll support everything she does.
This controversy hit them hard but SM never disbands their groups so idk. It's crazy to think they've been around for this long.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think it's likely that they'll re-sign and for most of their best interests that they do as the only one who really has any foundation for a solo career now is Joy but if the group becomes inactive before they've had that opportunity then it could hinder their ability to build a solo career as having that fan support at the start of a solo career can really help

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't like when people say "_______ will leave because they seem like they're done being an idol!" Based on what exactly? we don't know them personally. That controversy won't affect them much imo. It made a dent in irene's career yet she still has some cfs and a new movie coming out so I think they'll bounce back. I'd like to see a seulgi solo rather than joy.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
No
but purely of due to everything happen in past year
i think on sm side the damage is pointless to fix for maybe 2 more years as girl groups fans drop off quick

and obv how the past year for themselves

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't like when people say "_______ will leave because they seem like they're done being an idol!" Based on what exactly? we don't know them personally. That controversy won't affect them much imo. It made a dent in irene's career yet she still has some cfs and a new movie coming out so I think they'll bounce back. I'd like to see a seulgi solo rather than joy.
That's fair. But note how I said she seems rather than she is done being an idol. Her enthusiasm seems to be going down but like you mentioned, we don't know if that's due to her job or other factors. She seems to be more interested in acting tbh, but I could also see her being a soloist as well. She would be an amazing soloist as would Seulgi. I'm kinda excited to see them branch off and make music with their own styles.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Hard to get any read with last year no real activities.

folks have been putting Irene in her idol grave forever over her age.

Ill just wait, but i do not think so.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's fair. But note how I said she seems rather than she is done being an idol. Her enthusiasm seems to be going down but like you mentioned, we don't know if that's due to her job or other factors. She seems to be more interested in acting tbh, but I could also see her being a soloist as well. She would be an amazing soloist as would Seulgi. I'm kinda excited to see them branch off and make music with their own styles.
Oh I see what you're saying, sorry for generalizing. I don't feel confident seeing Joy being an actress because she really needs to improve, based on the drama I saw she was in. I also think she would be a successful soloist! Her OSTs have been charting pretty well and I think she can take on any concept.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Oh I see what you're saying, sorry for generalizing. I don't feel confident seeing Joy being an actress because she really needs to improve, based on the drama I saw she was in. I also think she would be a successful soloist! Her OSTs have been charting pretty well and I think she can take on any concept.
Np! And yup, her acting is kinda iffy but I'm willing to give it time since she's a rookie actress. Her OSTs always do really well because her voice is just SO beautiful and she has a lot of fans.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Not sure... now that SM has Aespa, they will probably forget about RV anyway...

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
i think it's really hard to say :/
I have a gut feeling they will renew, but since they're the group that I've stanned the longest, that might also just be because I can't imagine them not being here :pepecry2:
if they decide not to stay together, I hope they at least have one more come back together to tie it all together and perform it as 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread