I mean I'm born in 99 so I maybe just slightly hypocritical ksksks but being into kpop for 8 years and now actually witnessing people my age and younger becoming rich and successful while I'm rotting on my couch...it hits the spot
Now that feeling I do know... like when I read that I forgot what member of a group was exactly my age... I think it was Yeji... I was just like... wait that girl that is talented af, dances like a god and is beautiful is older than me by... 5 months? Jesus what have I been doing, but then I think of the fact that they go through basically torture to get there... so i feel fine in my bubble over here. I'd rather not go through a really harsh environment at an early age that might scar me just because my countrys idol system is broken and people want unrealistic ideals Sorry I started going on a rant but hey, that's how it is
Well the age thing is not so much of a problem with me and GGs because I stan for music and personality as well. However, for BGs, whom I don't stan and just lust over, the kids debuting is 🤢
I do admit that I thirst a bit over gg's but you just gotta be late for the party in that case, just stan the bg's that debut 2 years ago instead They are probably of age by that time
It's a little startling just seeing how young they *look* these days i.e. looking exactly like children whereas back then they used to be the same age as me or at least not *that* much younger. It's just weird when you realize how much your point of view can change. You do notice the generation gap. It's hard not to.
The new kids are talented for sure... but I just can't stan them the same way. It's become more like, "Aw, how adorable." rather than "OMG I LOVE HIM OOF".
Lol I do feel the gap but I follow more groups now than I did then so I'm transitioning fine I think.
And contrary to my visual stan image, I put personality first
Most of the times that is
I’m feeling the gap more this year. Now a lot of my male bias groups (plus others who debuted around the time I became a kpop fan) are in enlistment mode, I’m seeing more of the newer groups with idols that could possibly be my children. That is scary.
YEEEEEP
When people say SNSD, Wonder Girls, SHINee and Super Junior are 1st gen.....
....But they're 2nd.
And if they were 1st gen then what does that make people like:
The Kim Sisters (1960s group)
SECHSKIES (late 90s group)
Baby V.O.X (late 90s group)
Fin.K.L (90s group)
S.E.S (90s group)
Gen 0??? o-o
Like I've seen many newer groups over the years cover the songs of 1st gen groups.
Also tbh, I don't really know the names of some of these newer idols.
When people say soyeon they aren't referring to T-ara
2000 liners are literally fetuses.
97-99 liners are still like kids to me
People say Minho and they don't mean SHINee or Actor Minho
Yunho is not U-know to some people.
I think idols with the same name as older idols should really user stage names because it's confusing otherwise.
I mean ffs we have 8 people name minhyuk in kpop now a days
When people say soyeon they aren't referring to T-ara
2000 liners are literally fetuses.
97-99 liners are still like kids to me
People say Minho and they don't mean SHINee or Actor Minho
Yunho is not U-know to some people.
I think idols with the same name as older idols should really user stage names because it's confusing otherwise.
I mean ffs we have 8 people name minhyuk in kpop now a days
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Read more about our cookie policy.