Does Any Other Second Gen Feel The Generation Gap? (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean I'm born in 99 so I maybe just slightly hypocritical ksksks but being into kpop for 8 years and now actually witnessing people my age and younger becoming rich and successful while I'm rotting on my couch...it hits the spot
Now that feeling I do know... like when I read that I forgot what member of a group was exactly my age... I think it was Yeji... I was just like... wait that girl that is talented af, dances like a god and is beautiful is older than me by... 5 months? Jesus what have I been doing, but then I think of the fact that they go through basically torture to get there... so i feel fine in my bubble over here. I'd rather not go through a really harsh environment at an early age that might scar me just because my countrys idol system is broken and people want unrealistic ideals :wimwim: Sorry I started going on a rant but hey, that's how it is :susPepe:
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Well the age thing is not so much of a problem with me and GGs because I stan for music and personality as well. However, for BGs, whom I don't stan and just lust over, the kids debuting is 🤢
I do admit that I thirst a bit over gg's but you just gotta be late for the party in that case, just stan the bg's that debut 2 years ago instead :susPepe: They are probably of age by that time
 

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It's a little startling just seeing how young they *look* these days i.e. looking exactly like children whereas back then they used to be the same age as me or at least not *that* much younger. It's just weird when you realize how much your point of view can change. You do notice the generation gap. It's hard not to. :nekosweat:

The new kids are talented for sure... but I just can't stan them the same way. It's become more like, "Aw, how adorable." rather than "OMG I LOVE HIM OOF".
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Lol I do feel the gap but I follow more groups now than I did then so I'm transitioning fine I think.
And contrary to my visual stan image, I put personality first :yolk:
Most of the times that is :susPepe:
 
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
YEEEEEP
When people say SNSD, Wonder Girls, SHINee and Super Junior are 1st gen.....

....But they're 2nd.

And if they were 1st gen then what does that make people like:
The Kim Sisters (1960s group)
SECHSKIES (late 90s group)
Baby V.O.X (late 90s group)
Fin.K.L (90s group)
S.E.S (90s group)

Gen 0??? o-o
Like I've seen many newer groups over the years cover the songs of 1st gen groups.


Also tbh, I don't really know the names of some of these newer idols.
 
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
1,233
Reactions Received
3,641
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
When people say soyeon they aren't referring to T-ara
:sanathink:
2000 liners are literally fetuses.
97-99 liners are still like kids to me

:maheart:
People say Minho and they don't mean SHINee or Actor Minho
:llama_shook:
Yunho is not U-know to some people.
I think idols with the same name as older idols should really user stage names because it's confusing otherwise.
I mean ffs we have 8 people name minhyuk in kpop now a days​
 
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
When people say soyeon they aren't referring to T-ara
:sanathink:
2000 liners are literally fetuses.
97-99 liners are still like kids to me

:maheart:
People say Minho and they don't mean SHINee or Actor Minho
:llama_shook:
Yunho is not U-know to some people.
I think idols with the same name as older idols should really user stage names because it's confusing otherwise.
I mean ffs we have 8 people name minhyuk in kpop now a days​
There's another SOYEON?!
oh wait the lady from (G)i-dle....I dunno why I thought her name was So Yeon (maybe 'cause I always see it in Hangeul?)

There's another MINHO?! (tbh I forgot even Actor Minho exists....)

I kinda didn't like U-Know's name tbh....I did prefer Yunho.


WAIT...WAIT....WAIT...WAIT
8 MINHYUK?!!

I only know of 3
BtoB Minhyuk
Click-B Minhyuk
and
Block B Minhyuk (B-Bomb)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread