- Joined
- 4 December 2018
- Messages
- 3,200
- Reactions Received
- 11,455
- Location
- USA
- Website
- emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 205
- Fandom
- Once, Sone
- Gender
- Male
Favorite SNSD Songs Of A 12 Year Sone (With Commentary)
Just a collection of a 12 year Sone's favorite songs, in no particular order. With some random thoughts.
Feel free to discuss, share, and post your own favorites!
Divine
One of my favorite ballads from them. It has this sense of epic weight to it. A tragic feel. Of what has been. What you wish could be. Beautiful.
Into The New World
The song that got me into kpop. There I was in class when my Korean friend pulled the MV up on her laptop. Once I saw Yoona I was hooked. From that point forward I was a Sone. And found my way into this world of Kpop. Their live ballad concert version still brings me to tears. Maybe the most impactful live performance I've ever seen. Due to what it meant to the girls and to Sones. The end of one era and beginning of another.
Star Star Star
My favorite ballad from them. From the second of Yoona's whispered emotional intro you know this will be...just beautiful. Fun fact. Back in the day when I downloaded my music through fileshare services, I downloaded this song. And it was simply listed as Untitled.mp3. I was a less sophisticated Sone back then. So I didn't really know the full album list. So I just assumed they'd entitled it "untitled" (sometimes artists do that). So for the longest time. Like a few years. My favorite SNSD ballad was "Untitled" as far as I knew lol. I'd even tell people.
So Nyeo Shi Dae
My single absolute No. #1 song in kpop. This is it. The magic. The wonder. Yoona singing. That Bridge. It's all here. This is kpop to me. Fun story. I had a North Korean friend in college. One day I held up my white iPod ear buds and held it to her with this playing. "Have you heard this?". I asked. She put it on and listened and her eyes got wide.... "OHHHH. Where did you hear this?! They smuggle this song into my country!". It was one of the first times I'd really considered the state of North Korea and it's relationship with South Korea. So thank SNSD (and my friend) for that political introduction. This isn't just pop music lol.
Mr. Mr.
Such a song. So cool. Gave a lot of Yoona fancams I just love. It's addicting. I can play this over and over. And one of the few non ballads. I tend to love ballads.
Indestructible
Rivals So Nyeo Shi Dae for my affections. And like Divine, this is a ballad with an epic feel. I don't know why but I associate a particular setting with this song. I was in my car in the winter. It was cold and snowy. I was in the park just watching the snow fall. Warm inside my car with this song playing. At that moment I felt a sense of content optimism. No matter the cold outside and or the problems the outside world might bring. I was gonna be okay. I was Indestructible. (The heater helped.)
Genie
Gee
I get particularly nostalgic with these two songs. I was in college at the time and I was still in this stage where the world of kpop was still fresh and new to me. This new wide world so different than my own. With this wonder I had yet to discover. Yet to explore. These songs hit me at that time and sort of represented all that delight of discovering something new. That exhilaration. That magic. The magic of kpop. And SNSD.
That's all! Thanks for visiting!
Just a collection of a 12 year Sone's favorite songs, in no particular order. With some random thoughts.
Feel free to discuss, share, and post your own favorites!
Divine
One of my favorite ballads from them. It has this sense of epic weight to it. A tragic feel. Of what has been. What you wish could be. Beautiful.
Into The New World
The song that got me into kpop. There I was in class when my Korean friend pulled the MV up on her laptop. Once I saw Yoona I was hooked. From that point forward I was a Sone. And found my way into this world of Kpop. Their live ballad concert version still brings me to tears. Maybe the most impactful live performance I've ever seen. Due to what it meant to the girls and to Sones. The end of one era and beginning of another.
Star Star Star
My favorite ballad from them. From the second of Yoona's whispered emotional intro you know this will be...just beautiful. Fun fact. Back in the day when I downloaded my music through fileshare services, I downloaded this song. And it was simply listed as Untitled.mp3. I was a less sophisticated Sone back then. So I didn't really know the full album list. So I just assumed they'd entitled it "untitled" (sometimes artists do that). So for the longest time. Like a few years. My favorite SNSD ballad was "Untitled" as far as I knew lol. I'd even tell people.
So Nyeo Shi Dae
My single absolute No. #1 song in kpop. This is it. The magic. The wonder. Yoona singing. That Bridge. It's all here. This is kpop to me. Fun story. I had a North Korean friend in college. One day I held up my white iPod ear buds and held it to her with this playing. "Have you heard this?". I asked. She put it on and listened and her eyes got wide.... "OHHHH. Where did you hear this?! They smuggle this song into my country!". It was one of the first times I'd really considered the state of North Korea and it's relationship with South Korea. So thank SNSD (and my friend) for that political introduction. This isn't just pop music lol.
Mr. Mr.
Such a song. So cool. Gave a lot of Yoona fancams I just love. It's addicting. I can play this over and over. And one of the few non ballads. I tend to love ballads.
Indestructible
Rivals So Nyeo Shi Dae for my affections. And like Divine, this is a ballad with an epic feel. I don't know why but I associate a particular setting with this song. I was in my car in the winter. It was cold and snowy. I was in the park just watching the snow fall. Warm inside my car with this song playing. At that moment I felt a sense of content optimism. No matter the cold outside and or the problems the outside world might bring. I was gonna be okay. I was Indestructible. (The heater helped.)
Genie
Gee
I get particularly nostalgic with these two songs. I was in college at the time and I was still in this stage where the world of kpop was still fresh and new to me. This new wide world so different than my own. With this wonder I had yet to discover. Yet to explore. These songs hit me at that time and sort of represented all that delight of discovering something new. That exhilaration. That magic. The magic of kpop. And SNSD.
That's all! Thanks for visiting!