FORUM STAFF EXPERIENCE (1 Viewer)

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
.
Joined
21 May 2020
Messages
598
Reactions Received
1,346
Location
♡ L.O.Λ.E ☆
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
Gender
Male
i was a mod for AKP when i tell you it ruiiiiined my mental health, nothing but verbal abuse and disrespect from the users on that site :kijoongstare:

i'm still an events team member on there and i absolutely love it and it's so much fun, the team is amazing too!! but i could never be a moderator again
 
  • Sad
Reactions: uhgr8
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I have been one of those wildflowers growing up on the Internet. Perhaps, I should thank my Guardian Angel for giving me enough brains not to get in trouble when I was a teenager or anything,but I have been in many forums, social networks etc. I have never been a staff member. but several times I have been close to staff members and had the opportunity to help out with ideas and things like that.

I have never dared to apply as a staff member as I can´t code and that was always part of requirements (someone explain to me, why I haven´t taken the time to learn? the only basics I have ever managed was changing the text colour). I think I would enjoy the position where I could help out with general social stuff (how to start on the forum, how to fit in) and ideas (I´m always for keeping things alive) and I enjoy writing so I´d like to be creative with that. (I´m not boasting, it is fine if my writing is average, nothing wrong with it. I don´t feel like I should justify myself, so if you are now shaking head and thinking "what, you dumb" it is fine). I´m also really dedicated when I care about something, so creating my own space and sharing it with a couple of people would be awesome. So would I like to be a staff member? I wouldn´t be against it. It would be a challenge, but I wouldn´t be able to do it alone.

As for my experience with staff members .... naaaah, how to put it. I´m an honest person, when I don´t like something, I say so. I am often impulsive and sometimes the staff members abuse their power by blocking, restricting etc. I find that a jerk move. Why would you do that unless a rule was severely broken? I also don´t like backstabbing. I was once accused of something and instead of talking with me, the staff decided to just gossip behind my back and tell me that many members complained about this and that. My mistake was .... not having discord .... where my co-roleplayers were discussing how horrible I´m. I also once got kicked out from a rpg because my English was rusty .... during those times I really wished to have my own thing, to be democratic, to give people air to breathe. So I created my own little thingy (I used to be a roleplayer) and I looked for a co-admin (coding, lack of photoshop and laziness to pay for it or download it) and one good soul agreed to help me out just to later steal my roleplay idea, redo everything and tell me how terrible I´m and basically just steal everything from me. I was threatened that she would delete everything so I just let her the whole group and left.

I don´t think being a staff is an easy job, but I also think it depends how you make it. You have to be clever to find good people to share the deed with, you also need to know what you want, where are your borders, where are your capabilities and what are your tasks, otherwise it can´t work. Think about your strengths and weaknesses. Don´t abuse your power. It´s tough but also rewarding. If I found right people, I know it would be fun, but we´d have to share same goal and don´t mess with one another. Like I am ok with some good advice, but you do you and I do me :D.
 
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
83
Reactions Received
430
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
IPhone
Ship
I can talk for my husbando @Baechu , who has been graphics staff on this forum for abt 1.5 years.
He was pretty new on the forum when he joined staff, so he was really glad to meet people right away.
Graphics was always something that interested him and he had the opportunity to prove himself, which started his burning passion for graphics.
He found a lot of friends through staff, was gaining more and more experience with graphics and was just overall happy with everything for a long long time.

As time goes on and his existence on the forums starts to be non existent since he starts to lose interest in a lot of kpop groups and a lot of his friends start to go inactive around that time. But he kept on going with graphics as staff to keep supporting the forum and the people who made the forum. He didn't want to disappoint all those people.

More time goes on and he is at the point, where he has to make life changing decisions. His motivation is completely gone and he can't afford graphics to consume for of his time. He really thought he wouldn't be one of those staff ppl who just leave after a short time, but he had to move on.

Staff puts a lot of work on you, and you will have benefits but also a lot of disadvantages.

But was he a good staff? He doesn't know to be honest. Based on the feedback he got for all the graphics he has done, probably yes.

And no I'm not his alt!! :rjeat: Ily @Baechu :nekoshy:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I have only ever been a staff member on KS. I believe it’s almost 3 years since I joined the team. Being in events is really fun honestly. Our team members are really easy to get along with and the admin team are very responsive and easy to speak to as well. I’m very comfortable with them which is important for me to do well anywhere. As for the actual position, coming up with and preparing events can be time consuming and even hard some times but it’s lots of fun. I think I’m in one of the few teams that gets to truly connect and interact with the KS community too and I love it. Even though my timezone is the opposite of everyone so I’m awake waaaaaay past my bedtime to host events, I really enjoy hosting our events and games. And having users tell me they had fun at the end makes it all worth it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili
Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have no experience and I wouldn't want to become a staff of a forum. I'd probably get annoyed lol. I respect the staff bc they really have to deal with a lot.
 
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
um... why was I tagged??? lol
because i thought it be nice of me to tag as many people as possible who been active in past couple weeks so people feel included and stuff
+ sharing = caring

but if you want to tell me; never tag me again, sure , no problem
 
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
I have no experience and I wouldn't want to become a staff of a forum. I'd probably get annoyed lol. I respect the staff bc they really have to deal with a lot.
i get it but also, it should depend on the job you have on a forum though
admins and moderators usually experience the most stress as staff
other type of teams you find on forums nowadays like on here, awards, events, graphics etc
usually experience different type of stuff than the kind of pressure mods and admins could experience
:mgblush: but it does differ per forum of course!
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk
Joined
13 November 2020
Messages
534
Reactions Received
827
Location
Thedas
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female, Non-Binary
For some reason people don't see me as mod material even though I'm always the mediator friend, I've never gotten in trouble, and I have years of irl management experience :taesip:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: milk
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
i was a mod for AKP when i tell you it ruiiiiined my mental health, nothing but verbal abuse and disrespect from the users on that site :kijoongstare:

i'm still an events team member on there and i absolutely love it and it's so much fun, the team is amazing too!! but i could never be a moderator again
i am honestly surprised to hear some of this
but i am glad you are doing ok on the other team
fighting!

i honestly prefer the moderator job over something else but it is obviously only doable on forums with not much toxicity going on
 
  • Like
Reactions: Taehyun
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
I can talk for my husbando @Baechu , who has been graphics staff on this forum for abt 1.5 years.
He was pretty new on the forum when he joined staff, so he was really glad to meet people right away.
Graphics was always something that interested him and he had the opportunity to prove himself, which started his burning passion for graphics.
He found a lot of friends through staff, was gaining more and more experience with graphics and was just overall happy with everything for a long long time.

As time goes on and his existence on the forums starts to be non existent since he starts to lose interest in a lot of kpop groups and a lot of his friends start to go inactive around that time. But he kept on going with graphics as staff to keep supporting the forum and the people who made the forum. He didn't want to disappoint all those people.

More time goes on and he is at the point, where he has to make life changing decisions. His motivation is completely gone and he can't afford graphics to consume for of his time. He really thought he wouldn't be one of those staff ppl who just leave after a short time, but he had to move on.

Staff puts a lot of work on you, and you will have benefits but also a lot of disadvantages.

But was he a good staff? He doesn't know to be honest. Based on the feedback he got for all the graphics he has done, probably yes.

And no I'm not his alt!! :rjeat: Ily @Baechu :nekoshy:
since i am also the graphics type of person.... i find it ashame i never got to meet them!! :jisoosmh: :junweary:
what did he experience as disadvantage if i may ask you?
 
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
It's just too much trouble 😴and yeah, drama lol
you know what, you totally right:wimwim:
forget about everything i said above and forget ever becoming staff on any forum at all and just focus on yourself and real life.................................and maybe me , a little:lisalaugh::sj_weary::jenniesmug::mgblush::rosesmug::sakUwu:
so far our convos........ ugh talking to you is like talking with a cute soft teddy

:taesquish:
 
  • Love
Reactions: honeyfornomoney
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
I have been one of those wildflowers growing up on the Internet. Perhaps, I should thank my Guardian Angel for giving me enough brains not to get in trouble when I was a teenager or anything,but I have been in many forums, social networks etc. I have never been a staff member. but several times I have been close to staff members and had the opportunity to help out with ideas and things like that.

I have never dared to apply as a staff member as I can´t code and that was always part of requirements (someone explain to me, why I haven´t taken the time to learn? the only basics I have ever managed was changing the text colour). I think I would enjoy the position where I could help out with general social stuff (how to start on the forum, how to fit in) and ideas (I´m always for keeping things alive) and I enjoy writing so I´d like to be creative with that. (I´m not boasting, it is fine if my writing is average, nothing wrong with it. I don´t feel like I should justify myself, so if you are now shaking head and thinking "what, you dumb" it is fine). I´m also really dedicated when I care about something, so creating my own space and sharing it with a couple of people would be awesome. So would I like to be a staff member? I wouldn´t be against it. It would be a challenge, but I wouldn´t be able to do it alone.

As for my experience with staff members .... naaaah, how to put it. I´m an honest person, when I don´t like something, I say so. I am often impulsive and sometimes the staff members abuse their power by blocking, restricting etc. I find that a jerk move. Why would you do that unless a rule was severely broken? I also don´t like backstabbing. I was once accused of something and instead of talking with me, the staff decided to just gossip behind my back and tell me that many members complained about this and that. My mistake was .... not having discord .... where my co-roleplayers were discussing how horrible I´m. I also once got kicked out from a rpg because my English was rusty .... during those times I really wished to have my own thing, to be democratic, to give people air to breathe. So I created my own little thingy (I used to be a roleplayer) and I looked for a co-admin (coding, lack of photoshop and laziness to pay for it or download it) and one good soul agreed to help me out just to later steal my roleplay idea, redo everything and tell me how terrible I´m and basically just steal everything from me. I was threatened that she would delete everything so I just let her the whole group and left.

I don´t think being a staff is an easy job, but I also think it depends how you make it. You have to be clever to find good people to share the deed with, you also need to know what you want, where are your borders, where are your capabilities and what are your tasks, otherwise it can´t work. Think about your strengths and weaknesses. Don´t abuse your power. It´s tough but also rewarding. If I found right people, I know it would be fun, but we´d have to share same goal and don´t mess with one another. Like I am ok with some good advice, but you do you and I do me :D.
since when do you have to be good at coding to become staff on a forum? unless you talking about certain positions on an actual coding forum where it is a focus, like kpop is the focus on here

maybe in the future you can apply for staff on here, if you decide to stay that is :mgblush:

oh wow im sorry to hear you been through such awful experience online with others on forums, i feel you though
i met such terrible ones on forums as well unfortunately:sadcat::wimwim:

and you right, never abuse your power as staff!!!! nor should the real police but unfortunately they do so anyways:nayeonisdone:
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
since when do you have to be good at coding to become staff on a forum? unless you talking about certain positions on an actual coding forum where it is a focus, like kpop is the focus on here

maybe in the future you can apply for staff on here, if you decide to stay that is :mgblush:

oh wow im sorry to hear you been through such awful experience online with others on forums, i feel you though
i met such terrible ones on forums as well unfortunately:sadcat::wimwim:

and you right, never abuse your power as staff!!!! nor should the real police but unfortunately they do so anyways:nayeonisdone:
hmm, if I remember correctly. staff members need to be capable of dealing with some minor technical issues, at least it was a thing at the forums I was on. Mods needed to know some basics to deal with minor technical difficulties so that the whole forum didn´t break down and didn´t have to wait for one person to become online. so yeah, it usually was a requirement.

yeah, I mean .... the more people you meet, I suppose....the more experience you get :D. as for applying for a staff position. I can hardly imagine what a useful thing I could do here :D.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread