- Joined
- 21 February 2019
- Messages
- 8,353
- Reactions Received
- 27,110
- Location
- UK
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 528
- Fandom
- MY
- Gender
- Other
lol why?Good for them but
I'm so confuzzled
If Im remembering right, this album is selling better than their entire previous discography.lol why?
Idk? Because it's gay AF?If Im remembering right, this album is selling better than their entire previous discography.
Wae?
Was Queendom that big?
MMM is doing really well but not significantly different that they had in the past
Well I have seen the rise of fangirls crushing over Soojin lately, so maybe that's whyBlonde Soojin is powerful ig
![]()
Yeah, this comeback has proved that and I think they'll only grow much stronger.the girls truly are part of the big girl groups now in my opinion. they for sure can easily compete with Mamamoo, Gfriend and RV I think
I think it's more market growth than anything and 2019 could be a good place for 4th generation with the digital drop last year and physical sales going high in the past two years however the only problem is that'd mean TXT and Itzy would have to actually become strong enough to be leaders of the generation which currently they aren't.If Im remembering right, this album is selling better than their entire previous discography.
Wae?
Was Queendom that big?
MMM is doing really well but not significantly different that they had in the past
I think we'll have to wait for the first national hits to see who will lead or flop in this thoughI think it's more market growth than anything and 2019 could be a good place for 4th generation with the digital drop last year and physical sales going high in the past two years however the only problem is that'd mean TXT and Itzy would have to actually become strong enough to be leaders of the generation which currently they aren't.
That would depend on what kind of generation it is as there has been kpop droughts before where the Korean public is just not really interested in the large majority of kpop and between digitals and physicals, a new generation right now could be a lot harder for groups to break out digitally and could be physical orientated.I think we'll have to wait for the first national hits to see who will lead or flop in this though
That'd be interestingThat would depend on what kind of generation it is as there has been kpop droughts before where the Korean public is just not really interested in the large majority of kpop and between digitals and physicals, a new generation right now could be a lot harder for groups to break out digitally and could be physical orientated.
Fanclubs, esp. C-fanclubs are really competing for those numbers and pre-order in bulk. Saw it happen with NCT 127 too, Blackpink fansites in China have already raised an enormous amount of money even though nothing's been announced yet. I think the same happened with IDLE. It's why compared to Twice and BP, the sales of other groups suffer such a big drop post Day 1. I mean Twice and BP sales post first day fall too, but they still have a less steeper drop throughout the week compared to others.If Im remembering right, this album is selling better than their entire previous discography.
Wae?
Was Queendom that big?
MMM is doing really well but not significantly different that they had in the past
Itzy still is in the best position imo, their digitals are the strongest among rookie groups by far (except IZ*ONE's Fiesta, if you consider IZ*ONE 4th gen but they won't be around long enough), their physicals are pretty good too. They're the only 2019 group to have crossed 250K sales on Gaon, which is actually more than TXT.I think it's more market growth than anything and 2019 could be a good place for 4th generation with the digital drop last year and physical sales going high in the past two years however the only problem is that'd mean TXT and Itzy would have to actually become strong enough to be leaders of the generation which currently they aren't.
Yeah I think your 4th point is very accurate. I've seen this even with Itzy, where they actually seem to have a higher percentage of female fans lol. And female fans traditionally are good with spending money on their faves, so that alongside IDLE's slow growth and reputation as great performers might have created a perfect storm.4) The new school of girl crush. I would say if the 3rd Generation was molded after SNSD's soft pop princess, the 3.5/4th is molded after 2NE1's girl crush. Except it is not a exact copy, companies are reforming the established patterns and this time are heavily marketing towards the female fanbase. This base has always been the bedrock of pop music but in Kpop often gg were marketed towards boys. I think (G) I-DLE are the leaders of this new school of girl crush groups, being the first major group to come out of this trend. Oh my god perfectly follows this, with the song being interrupted from a lesbian love anthem or embracing the "goddess" within in the mist of self-doubt. Either way notice it is marketed towards the young women and teen girls fanbase.
I usually don't care about the positions but as a fan from the 3rd Gen era its going to be fun watching this new generation take root. In terms of the girl groups I'm pleasantly surprised that IDLE is ITZY's main competition lol. I would say as a JYP gg they have the strongest position like you said, they just need to maintain their spot in Korea (increase physical sales) and find a i-fanbase, wherever it be Japan, Chinese, even American. For IDLE I'm worried just because CUBE is so shaky internally and we still have SMNGG, Big Hit NGG, Nizi(?), and perhaps even YGNGG (🙄) to go. Hopefully they can pull a semi BTS and domint the Big 3/(4)?Fanclubs, esp. C-fanclubs are really competing for those numbers and pre-order in bulk. Saw it happen with NCT 127 too, Blackpink fansites in China have already raised an enormous amount of money even though nothing's been announced yet. I think the same happened with IDLE. It's why compared to Twice and BP, the sales of other groups suffer such a big drop post Day 1. I mean Twice and BP sales post first day fall too, but they still have a less steeper drop throughout the week compared to others.
Queendom definitely helped a lot as well, but I don't think that alone would boost their sales to this extent. Compared to Mamamoo and Oh My Girl though, IDLE has a bigger i-fandom and a Chinese and Taiwanese member, so they'd have an advantage there.
Itzy still is in the best position imo, their digitals are the strongest among rookie groups by far (except IZ*ONE's Fiesta, if you consider IZ*ONE 4th gen but they won't be around long enough), their physicals are pretty good too. They're the only 2019 group to have crossed 250K sales on Gaon, which is actually more than TXT.
Of course it remains to be seen if any other GG's lifetime sales will even surpass IZ*ONE by the time they're done lmao.
ITZY does have competition from IDLE if they can maintain this momentum and success, so they aren't head and shoulders above the rest, plus the lack of any Japanese or Chinese member will probably put a ceiling on their physicals unless they break through and gain a massive C-fanbase like Blackpink. Who knows how SMNGG will fare if/when they debut.
TXT's spot is less secure imo. Ateez fandom is growing pretty rapidly and looking at how rabid Atinys are, gives me a lot of early Army flashbacks when BTS was just starting to catch fire. Not that they'll reach the same heights but they could become the top new BG with 1-2 more comebacks if they manage to gain popularity in Korea.