COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

G-IDLE Is The Up And Coming Ace Of Kpop (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
G-IDLE Is The Up And Coming Ace Of Kpop

They are the strongest representation yet of a fundamental shift in kpop.

And present a possible candidate for the next kpop supergroup.

I am not the likely person to make this statement.

In many ways they represent a shift away from the kpop I grew up with and loved. They are harbinger of a new era that is casting away many of the attributes I so cherished of the eras of old I formed my attachment to kpop within some 13 years ago.

So I have a reluctant love/hate relation with them.

They are indicative of an era bringing death to that I hold dear.

But with them also comes the dawn of a new era.

Like BLACKPINK they have paired down the large casts of old to a focused set of members.
That brings greater focus to each

They are incorporating international appeal and readiness for expansion to other markets.

They have a distinct style and dynamic aesthetic. With numerous songs of extreme quality.

They have developed performance personas that are substantial. With each member being a unique and strong presence in every MV and performance.

And perhaps crucially, the lynchpin of this new era, a sense of purposeful artistry and member directed control over output.

They are perhaps the pre-eminent example of this shift. With Soyeon and others leading a new found wave of autonomous production and direction.

As a group, (G)I-DLE hit all the boxes of this new era. Presenting a sort of perfect storm group to take advantage of this shift.

And they do it in a way that is.... For lack of a better word. Impressive.

When you watch them. When you listen to them.

You can see and hear that "it" factor.

This is a group to be reckoned with.

Again this is coming from a guy that regularly decries the International expansion of kpop, loved the eras of old when companies made all the artistic decisions, and kpop was more of an Old Hollywood studio like system. This new era of individuality is not my thing. At all.

But I cannot deny the changing winds.

Nor can I deny the substance of (G)I-DLE.

They are, in my opinion, a potential kpop supergroup for this new age.

When I watch and listen to Hwaa. I can feel it.

Now all they need is their big break.

We'll see if Hwaa is it.

Eman Out.

Last edited:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
They are what Blackpink is trying really really hard to be... or should I say what YG is trying to market BP as.

Soyeon makes them into a versatile group through both her composing and quality rapping, which is rare in girl groups. As a leader she uses her members and shows them to their fullest as well.

They have multitalented members that are both interesting and great in their respective roles and fulfill them marvelously.

I'd comment more but I think most people already know how good they are.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I loved every word you wrote Eman. I agree 100%.

I mean I've loved Idle since their debut and I noticed each member's individual talents and charms early on.

But as for them possibly being the next big supergroup for K-pop... They certainly have the quality to become huge! Both in Korea and intentionally.

I'm hoping for big things for (G)I-DLE.
:sanapray: :nekolove:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
idle really killing it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread