GFX Golden rules in graphic design (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Ok so a few weeks ago I was a trainer for a graphic design training and I had in my presentation a list with golden rules I'd like to share with you. I'm gonna be quick because I should sleep but I hope you'll enjoy this.

---------------------------------------------------

#1 Press shift when you resize an image. If you don't press shift your image may be distorstioned. Some programs resize it correct without the shift, but Photoshop or Illustrator don't.

#2 There's plenty other fonts on sites like 1001fonts, fontsquirrel, pixelsurplus etc. Don't limit to the basic Windows fonts like Times New Roman or Comic Sans. Everybody is tired of them. We all used TNR in school presentations.


#3 Try to avoid the margins. Don't put your elements near the margins because your work should 'breath' and the info will not be cut.
14933
VS.
14935

the first example is clean and clear but the second one it's not

#4 Don't use too many fonts/colors/sizes. Maximum 3 fonts. But the best is two. Also most fonts have different types of bold so you can play with those too.

#5 Your text should be easy to read.

#6 Contrast: make sure your colors match and the elements are visible.

#7 Empty space is golden space. It makes the important infos more visible.


#8 If you plan to print your work, make sure it is CMYK format with 300dpi. The print uses a different ammount of pixels, different to online. For online we use RGB with 72 dpi.


#9 Always save the .psd, .ai etc. Most of the time you'll comeback to change something.

#10 Alignment: don't use a lot of alignment types in your work. It's a lot easier to read if you keep it the same way.


---------------------------------------------------

That's it with the golden rules I think are important in design. If you have any questions or you would like to find out more about a subject feel free to ask.

With love,
bulletproof
 

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
#9 Always save the .psd, .ai etc. Most of the time you'll comeback to change something.
srsly.... ive had to redo so many designs because i forgot to save as psd,, you'd think i wouldve learned after the 15th time :yolk::yolk:
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I've known these for years (not because I'm a graphic designer, artist, or the like, but because I code a lot which includes similar elements to those rules listed above, and have been creating photo manipulations, graphics, and edits for upwards of uh...18 years now >>) BUT these are really handy for a lot of people that are just getting into it, or aren't aware of them!

They're great tips, and worth checking out if you are interested in any sort of designing, graphics, layout creation, and even coding ;)
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
How did I do?
Welp all the rules were respected :welp: absolutely wonderful, ‘only’ 4 fonts, 4 colors, not distorsioned, not close to the margins, the alignment is amazing:kermit:
 
  • Like
Reactions: feepit
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Welp all the rules were respected :welp: absolutely wonderful, ‘only’ 4 fonts, 4 colors, not distorsioned, not close to the margins, the alignment is amazing:kermit:
Thank you! The post was really helpful!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread