Appreciation Happy 17th anniversary to TVXQ! (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
TVXQ aka Tong Vfang Xien Qi (Chinese), also known as DBSK (Dong Bang Shin Ki) in Korean and Tohoshinki in Japan completed 17 years in the industry on Christmas :pepeheart:

One of Kpop's biggest and earliest icons, TVXQ revived the idol industry and made boy groups a phenomenon after the dead period following the 1st generation. One of the first Kpop acts following BoA to gain superstardom in Japan and the rest of Asia, they're one of the leaders of the Hallyu wave and at one time, held the Guinness world record for the largest fan club in the world (Cassiopeia). I think there was also a record in a calendar year of being in the most magazine photos or something lol.

Either way, TVXQ! was huge.

Their debut performance was on a special BoA X Britney Spears concert lol. Right from the start, they showed off their harmonizing abilities with this live acapella:




TVXQ was famed for always singing live and being amazing performers. Here's their MAMA 2008 performance:



JYJ split was unfortunate and SM still blacklists those 3 members. Yoochun has those sexual assault allegations too so rip. Yunho/Changmin have kept the TVXQ brand alive tho and continue being SM's biggest moneymaker.

One of my fav TVXQ OT2 performances:



Selling out huge stadiums in Japan and always delivering epic performances, TVXQ remain the standard bearers in SM Entertainment. Congrats on 17 years :pepeheart:

@Cassiopeia
 
Last edited:

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
happy anniversary :sj_weary: not a cassiopeia but i love some of their title tracks. these two are among my favourite boy group songs of all time:

 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
happy anniversary :sj_weary: not a cassiopeia but i love some of their title tracks. these two are among my favourite boy group songs of all time:

Same, they've been one of the groups I've never stanned but always admired and listen to a lot of their music :sj_weary:






2 of the GOAT BG choreos:



The female backup dancers in Spellbound always get me :sj_weary:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I love TVXQ!

I only really know them as the duo Yunho and Changmin, but they are incredible. XIA is also one of my fave male solo singers!

TVXQ are legends in the world of music!

If they ever have a card set released, they'll be the only BG I'll collect. Well, I'd want the Yunho, Changmin and XIA cards.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
TVXQ also have the best ballad in Kpop, esp when I, a ballad anti have this on my playlist :jisoosmh:




Their Japanese stuff is amazing btw:


 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I love TVXQ!

I only really know them as the duo Yunho and Changmin, but they are incredible. XIA is also one of my fave male solo singers!

TVXQ are legends in the world of music!

If they ever have a card set released, they'll be the only BG I'll collect. Well, I'd want the Yunho, Changmin and XIA cards.
Yep, I'd def collect them too alongside Suju and BigBang. Minus the problematic members :nayeonisdone:
No more Woojail happening :shamesica:
I like Jaejoong, wish he hadn't made the stupid Covid joke for April Fool's.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Also never forget TVXQ did an OP for One Piece lol.



But let's forget this was a thing:


Tbh the song was good but the hairstyles :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Actually feels like it's been longer than 17 years.

TVXQ is so epic that "Mirotic" is the only boy group album I physically own.
Oh I didn't know you've actually purchased a boy group album :nakypog:
That album is so solid though, Mirotic, Wrong Number and Love in the Ice in the same album is kinda cheating lol. Too good.
 

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Oh I didn't know you've actually purchased a boy group album :nakypog:
That album is so solid though, Mirotic, Wrong Number and Love in the Ice in the same album is kinda cheating lol. Too good.
I know. So many great songs it's not even fair. 2008 TVXQ was such a phenomenon that I even got obsessed with it about a year ago and decided I had to own this album. Its probably the only boy group album I will ever buy.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so proud of HoMin to stick together through everything.

forever the kings
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread