Have you ever had to attend jury duty? (1 Viewer)

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,011
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
Please someone say yes :shockedcover: I just got my official summons for some time next month.
Shockingly, the date bypassed my vacation, my concerts, and my appointments :yycreep: so lucky me I don't have to cancel anything!
I've actually been considered for jury duty three times now but this time I have an official notice to attend. My coworker told me it's possible to still get cancelled, but for those who have attended jury duty, what was the experience like?​
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I've gone once.
A lot of waiting, but I brought a wordsearch book. Then my number was called and I had to go to a courtroom. Not sure what they call it, but you get evaluated on how eligible you are to be a juror for a specific case. You fill out a questionnaire, and the judge talks to you individually. Then you go back to the waiting room.

But I got to leave early at lunch, when my number wasn't called for people who had to come back after lunch.
Then I got a phone call saying I wasn't supposed to leave. Even though I asked the front desk lady, who wasn't very helpful with her attitude.
Haven't heard anything since and I've moved, so I guess I'm fine.
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,011
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
I've gone once.
A lot of waiting, but I brought a wordsearch book. Then my number was called and I had to go to a courtroom. Not sure what they call it, but you get evaluated on how eligible you are to be a juror for a specific case. You fill out a questionnaire, and the judge talks to you individually. Then you go back to the waiting room.

But I got to leave early at lunch, when my number wasn't called for people who had to come back after lunch.
Then I got a phone call saying I wasn't supposed to leave. Even though I asked the front desk lady, who wasn't very helpful with her attitude.
Haven't heard anything since and I've moved, so I guess I'm fine.
So what you're saying is... I should move out of the county :lisalaugh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Tickita
Joined
23 December 2022
Messages
2,805
Reactions Received
7,581
Location
From & Born in the LOOΠΔVERSE
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12,479
Fandom
Kk.LoOurii-bit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/ Her
Please someone say yes :shockedcover: I just got my official summons for some time next month.
Shockingly, the date bypassed my vacation, my concerts, and my appointments :yycreep: so lucky me I don't have to cancel anything!
I've actually been considered for jury duty three times now but this time I have an official notice to attend. My coworker told me it's possible to still get cancelled, but for those who have attended jury duty, what was the experience like?​
not yet :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Day1
Joined
6 December 2021
Messages
1,423
Reactions Received
2,938
Location
☾⋆ 𝓘𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓭𝓸𝓶
Website
www.wattpad.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14,188
Fandom
Army/Engene
Gender
Male
Pronouns
✰ 𝑯𝒆/𝑯𝒊𝒎 ✰
No
 
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,320
Reactions Received
55,069
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
283,890
this is like the second thread on KPS with regards to jury duty

I've been summoned once but never actually picked
my parents have been and my father was picked - my mother was about to then go rejected for language issues lol
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I had exemption due to mental illness.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread