have you ever known a pathological liar? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
this woman from work seems to be one... she exaggerates really badly, makes things up every day, and straight up lies all the time. We've all caught her lying countless times and no one really fully believes the things she says. I feel bad for her even though she has said many bad things about me too.. apparently her mother took her own life when she was young.. and she always changes the story of how it happened, so I think that maybe this is a coping mechanism for her that she's still not aware of and unable to change.. :/

so have you ever known a person like this, or someone without a conscience, a manipulator?

 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Yeah my dad... He's calmed down over the years but still exaggerates things. He's done alot of bad things he has proof for... But he hasn't done much to brag about in his later years..

He told me alot of lies when I first met him when I was 12, he magical appeared when my mother was in the mental hospital...
I didn't want to doubt him, but then he became over bearing so I stopped contact after a couple of months, basically when my mother was well again. Then I reconnected at 18...and saw the truth for what it is really....
He's still my dad barely (our coneection is difficult I suppose, it hard to be a father to a child that already grown up without you) but he can still be a very difficult person due to his personality hence he tends to have alot of issue with his family from time to time.

I lack somewhat of a conscience but Im too lazy to lie, plus I can back up everything I say with actual evidence...
(I'm use to people not believing me when I tell them something, I don't really expect anyone to)
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
My sister actually. I don't know why but she's always lied a lot. She'd make up these ridiculous stories and these stories would never add up. I'm not sure why she does this, but maybe she uses it as a coping mechanism too?
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yes, I did! She had a different religion every day, along with a new mental illness. Every. Single. Day.
She would blame everything on her non-existent 13 mental illnesses, and when you mentioned something she said earlier, she would deny it.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Huh I do lie a lot but not to that point

I've known some forum users from Brazil that were discovered to be fakes though

One was seen as a hero because of the stories he told, till he tricked one user on a sale, and one other user that trusted him paid his debt.

Then it became a meme lol
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't think I met a patholoical liar in my life yet. I did have a few manipulators in it tho. What's important is to realize if someone is bad for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and kodoku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
My sister actually. I don't know why but she's always lied a lot. She'd make up these ridiculous stories and these stories would never add up. I'm not sure why she does this, but maybe she uses it as a coping mechanism too?
Same as mine.. She be telling distorted versions of stories that should stay within the family...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread