How much food is too much to keep in the house? (1 Viewer)

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
Literally every spot in our fridge, freezer, and cabinets are filled... Sometimes i wonder if we really need to go to the store, but then we run out of milk and tea and yogurt and bread and need to go buy it 🫠
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
idk but that seems like a lot! how do you keep track of everything you have?
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
idk but that seems like a lot! how do you keep track of everything you have?
oh, and what about expired foods? I once had my pantry like chock full of stuff, but when I went to clean it out, there was a LOT of expired stuff!
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
It depends, if you have to throw away half of it then it’s wasteful
But then once it's expired and forgotten abt, we have no choice 🥲
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
oh, and what about expired foods? I once had my pantry like chock full of stuff, but when I went to clean it out, there was a LOT of expired stuff!
That happens 🥲 and i feel bad but there's really nothing i can do
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean if you freezer is packed with meat and... you have an external freezer in another area of your home chucked full with meat.. and you still find reasons to order takeout then I think you might have a problem [not me btw]..
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Anything but breakfast is too much for me, since other meals are served at the university canteen. It will spoil if I get anything else.
 
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,418
Reactions Received
9,439
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,713
Gender
Male
I have fresh food for 2-3 days (my local grocery store is just 15 minutes away). I have a fridge-freezer but I rarely use the freezer. And
I have emergency food (like mineral water, canned food, rice) for about 6 months.
 
Last edited:

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
as long as you manage to eat it all
and it doesn't expire.

you should be good

I am not sure if you should cut down
my father does the same thing
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
I mean if you freezer is packed with meat and... you have an external freezer in another area of your home chucked full with meat.. and you still find reasons to order takeout then I think you might have a problem [not me btw]..
It's not full of meat though, we have frozen vegetables, fruit, popsicles, ice packs, and sometimes icr cream if we can afford it. We also freeze muffins when we make them so they last longer. We only have one freezer and it's a part of our fridge. We don't eat out often for dinner, which is when we used our meat, but recently, we've had a lot of birthdays and events and we haven't had the chance to eat much at home for dinner 🥲
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
As long as you're not leaving a lot to expire, I don't think it's an issue. I envy you, actually
Most of it comes from the food bank. We've stopped going for abt 4 months now bc of how much we got that we just couldn't finish eating in time
Most of the non perishables we get from there that we don't eat, we put in the church blessing box and the rest we give to another family that weknow will eat it
 
  • Like
Reactions: snsd2beg

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
as long as you manage to eat it all
and it doesn't expire.

you should be good

I am not sure if you should cut down
my father does the same thing
My dad is a hoarder
We left him iver a year ago. And still, besides tea and milk that he buys routinely, everything that was in there from when we left (a fridge freezer and a stand alone freezer) is still in there 💀 he always shows up at dinner time (we don't invite him) and we try to send home meats we get from the food bank that we won't eat and he won't take them bc he doesn't have room.... Clean it out 💀
 
  • Sad
Reactions: dark_tranquility

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
I have fresh food for 2-3 days (my local grocery store is just 15 minutes away). I have a fridge-freezer but I rarely use the freezer. And
I have emergency food (like mineral water, canned food, rice) for about 6 months.
We usually buy for the week
We have the same for emergeny food and ours, except for the water,would last us abt a year at most.
We also have packs of saltines and club crackers plus pavks of nabs, also peanut butter. Those are all our emergency foods. Peanut butter is important for us bc we have a diabetic in the family
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread