- Joined
- 14 October 2019
- Messages
- 25,595
- Reactions Received
- 43,660
- Website
- infiniteorbit.carrd.co
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 40,408
- Fandom
- Orbit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
Source: Soompi
HyunA opened up about her health in a letter on Instagram on November 28.
She shared that she deals with depression, panic disorder, and vasovagal syncope (a condition that can lead to fainting).
Read her letter below:
HyunA opened up about her health in a letter on Instagram on November 28.
She shared that she deals with depression, panic disorder, and vasovagal syncope (a condition that can lead to fainting).
Read her letter below:
Hi, hello. To my fans A-Ing and also the many people who like me and are interested in me, Iโm not sure if this is the right decision or not either, but itโs something I decided after a lot of thought, so Iโm going to really tell my story.
To be honest, Iโd dreamt of being on stage since I was very young. I achieved that dream and I received so much more love and interest than I ever could have imagined, and I think I went through a process of growth. Maybe because Iโve thought that Iโve especially had so many opportunities ever since I was young, Iโve always felt grateful and, to be honest, excited. At those times, I also felt sorry. Time went on and after my debut I became an adult, and I thought I needed to take responsibility for everything I do, I thought I shouldnโt make any mistakes, and I wanted be someone that was everyoneโs choice. Because of that ambition, I just looked straight ahead and kept running. I didnโt know I was sick. However, because of the great people and fans who were always together with me, I just thought I was okay. I put it off, said it wasnโt true and I was okay, but then I found out when I first went to the hospital in 2016 that I was ill mentally. Like how naturally when youโre physically sick you take medicine, like when you have a cold you have to take cold medicine, I was someone who had always been so tough, so I couldnโt believe the diagnosis of depression and panic disorder. I think I didnโt believe it for a year.
Now, I naturally get treatment once every two weeks, and I try not to think badly about it because I have many people around me. But then I first experienced my vision getting foggy and I collapsed. Several times I thought his must be a symptom of my panic disorder too and ignored it. However, a doctor advised me to go to a university hospital so I had some tests done on my brainwaves, and I found out that I have something called vasovagal syncope. I was lost and it seemed I had no options. I wanted to be on stage, but I was worried that if I kept falling down like this often, if people knew that Iโm sick, then maybe people wouldnโt want to have me perform. Since I was worried about that, I didnโt want to tell anyone. I wanted to keep my secret for a long time, but whenever I would fall down, Iโd feel anxious on my own and I felt so sorry. When I was doing an advertisement or something else on my schedule, when I was doing an event, I was so sorry to the many people who had believed in me and entrusted me with that. So I wanted to relieve those feelings even a little bit, and thatโs why Iโm saying this honestly. Although I was cautious, I didnโt hide it and gathered up the courage to try to talk about it. Iโm going to keep bravely trying to be well, but I think people canโt be perfect. I think itโs not too late and Iโm going to love myself and take care of myself. Iโm going to be courageous and honest, like I am now. Thank you very much for reading.