COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News HyunA Reveals She Deals With Depression, Panic Disorder, And Vasovagal Syncope (1 Viewer)

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
Source: Soompi

HyunA opened up about her health in a letter on Instagram on November 28.

She shared that she deals with depression, panic disorder, and vasovagal syncope (a condition that can lead to fainting).

Read her letter below:

Hi, hello. To my fans A-Ing and also the many people who like me and are interested in me, I’m not sure if this is the right decision or not either, but it’s something I decided after a lot of thought, so I’m going to really tell my story.
To be honest, I’d dreamt of being on stage since I was very young. I achieved that dream and I received so much more love and interest than I ever could have imagined, and I think I went through a process of growth. Maybe because I’ve thought that I’ve especially had so many opportunities ever since I was young, I’ve always felt grateful and, to be honest, excited. At those times, I also felt sorry. Time went on and after my debut I became an adult, and I thought I needed to take responsibility for everything I do, I thought I shouldn’t make any mistakes, and I wanted be someone that was everyone’s choice. Because of that ambition, I just looked straight ahead and kept running. I didn’t know I was sick. However, because of the great people and fans who were always together with me, I just thought I was okay. I put it off, said it wasn’t true and I was okay, but then I found out when I first went to the hospital in 2016 that I was ill mentally. Like how naturally when you’re physically sick you take medicine, like when you have a cold you have to take cold medicine, I was someone who had always been so tough, so I couldn’t believe the diagnosis of depression and panic disorder. I think I didn’t believe it for a year.
Now, I naturally get treatment once every two weeks, and I try not to think badly about it because I have many people around me. But then I first experienced my vision getting foggy and I collapsed. Several times I thought his must be a symptom of my panic disorder too and ignored it. However, a doctor advised me to go to a university hospital so I had some tests done on my brainwaves, and I found out that I have something called vasovagal syncope. I was lost and it seemed I had no options. I wanted to be on stage, but I was worried that if I kept falling down like this often, if people knew that I’m sick, then maybe people wouldn’t want to have me perform. Since I was worried about that, I didn’t want to tell anyone. I wanted to keep my secret for a long time, but whenever I would fall down, I’d feel anxious on my own and I felt so sorry. When I was doing an advertisement or something else on my schedule, when I was doing an event, I was so sorry to the many people who had believed in me and entrusted me with that. So I wanted to relieve those feelings even a little bit, and that’s why I’m saying this honestly. Although I was cautious, I didn’t hide it and gathered up the courage to try to talk about it. I’m going to keep bravely trying to be well, but I think people can’t be perfect. I think it’s not too late and I’m going to love myself and take care of myself. I’m going to be courageous and honest, like I am now. Thank you very much for reading.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Imagine the problems it can cause with those crazy schedules

I hope she stays healthy :sanapray:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
She seems to be taken care of herself, which is great. And i think it's good thing she's speaking about this kinda showing that you don't have to stay quiet about things like these and also to show that lot of people live with mental illness and cope with it.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am so proud of her to publish this letter. I am glad she is taking care or herself.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Hyuna seems to be more open now since leaving Cube and between how open her and Dawn are about their relationship and now her talking about her struggles, hopefully she and Dawn can inspire other idols to be open in the same way.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Wow, I'm so impressed by her doing this n a little bit wondering if she's been fighting this or sth else since her debut(with Wonder Girls).
Im heartened by her telling us n continually getting treatment(not tat I blame others ; each individual struggles differently n personally) ;
n also inspire others with her strength n fortitude. Hope this forthright letter helps others in some small way without being burdensome to Hyuna.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I’m so happy she’s taking care of herself and decided to tell us 👍👍 She seems a lot more open under her current agency than cube

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
well thats a list

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread