I feel bitter about IZ*ONE's Eunbi (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I don't like Eunbi and I feel really damn bad about it.
Mostly bcs my dislike of her actually has damn near nothing to do with her talent, personality or anything like that...

The root of my problems with her is that her "type" in my eyes is very similar to that of Chaeyeon.
An all-rounder and more of a cool/sexy type than cute.

Only Eunbi is considered to be prettier.
And Eunbi gets more lines
And Eunbi gets more center time in choreos.
And Eunbi is more popular.

And that all.... just... Made my heart go she is getting lines while Chaeyeon isn't. She is getting lines Chaeyeon should have.
And that is so god damn irrational, but I STILL feel like that... ANd I feel guilty that I feel like this.
But still I feel off whenever Eunbi appears on screen....
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Don't hate her :yolk:

I know you feel this injustice related to Chaeyeon, but Eunbi is as much of a hard worker as any of the girls there, even flopping with her previous group (rip Kazoo), not giving up and now shining with IZ*ONE

But I understand what you feel, we always want our biases to shine the most :/
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
but Eunbi has always shown great leadership skills which is why she is my bias
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Don't hate her :yolk:

I know you feel this injustice related to Chaeyeon, but Eunbi is as much of a hard worker as any of the girls there, even flopping with her previous group (rip Kazoo), not giving up and now shining with IZ*ONE

But I understand what you feel, we always want our biases to shine the most :/
I don't hate her just....
yeah....
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,423
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I don't like Eunbi and I feel really damn bad about it.
Mostly bcs my dislike of her actually has damn near nothing to do with her talent, personality or anything like that...

The root of my problems with her is that her "type" in my eyes is very similar to that of Chaeyeon.
An all-rounder and more of a cool/sexy type than cute.

Only Eunbi is considered to be prettier.
And Eunbi gets more lines
And Eunbi gets more center time in choreos.
And Eunbi is more popular.

And that all.... just... Made my heart go she is getting lines while Chaeyeon isn't. She is getting lines Chaeyeon should have.
And that is so god damn irrational, but I STILL feel like that... ANd I feel guilty that I feel like this.
But still I feel off whenever Eunbi appears on screen....
I think she is actually less popular than Chaeyeon. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

She really really works to edify Chaeyeon especially.

It is hard because while they are similar the difference i think Eunbi is more Group friendly and Chaeyeon is more solo/ freestyle.
This is great because it gets Chaeyeon her fans. I think Chaeyeon even feels this as she mentioned it as a difference between her and her sister.

They really seem to want Chaeyeon moving (she walks forward the entire stage almost every song sometimes more than once.)

And its actually worse 3 girls (almost 4 if you count Yujin ) fit that role as all strong/ charismatic arounders. Yena is just able to sell cute better than these 2(it is also why i do not want her in everclear need both sides of Yena in songs.)
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
You can dislike people if you want to
Hate her all you want in private
There is no reason to feel shame in not loving everyone
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Can't say I relate :taesip:

I understand your conflict though, but Eunbi's lines/screentime doesn't necessarily have to come at the expense of Chaeyeon. If the powers that be don't wanna give beyond a certain screentime to Chaeyeon, they won't. Even if they reduce Eunbi screentime, they'll give it to someone else.

Being Yena biased, I deal with her getting lesser lines/screentime than even Chaeyeon except in LVER where she had a standout rap verse, but it is what it is. Girls like Minju will get more screentime, and now Minju/Sakura are even the designated rappers alongside Hyewon and Yena is just a vocalist but that's just how groups work. For what it's worth, Chaeyeon really gets to shine on live stages and by all accounts, has a fantastic solo career waiting for her like Chungha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread