classic sex
shit
Honestly idk. After 2017 there was just a huge shift in music imo. Even boy groups stopped doing sexy conceptsI miss that type of concepty When can we get a classic sexy ala AOA, Girls Day and more again?
You can thank GFriend and TWICE for that. After the reign of sexy from late 2013 to late 2015, TWICE and GF released back to back national hits from MGT to Rough to Cheer Up to TT, which ultimately shifted the market and killed the sexy market.Honestly idk. After 2017 there was just a huge shift in music imo. Even boy groups stopped doing sexy concepts
Those hits were in 2016. Remember in 2017 Gfriend was starting to decline a bit and Signal got all that backlash? Gfriend recovered and Signal won SOTY but those definitely didnt kill sexy. Imo the thing that killed the market was the downfall of the groups I've listed in the OP. Cute concept never went away fully and I do believe Gfriend revived it but not enough for it to erase an entire concept.You can thank GFriend and TWICE for that. After the reign of sexy from late 2013 to late 2015, TWICE and GF released back to back national hits from MGT to Rough to Cheer Up to TT, which ultimately shifted the market and killed the sexy market.
The market is now shifted to Girl Crush after 4D performed outstandingly last year. Even TWICE had to switch up their outfits lol.
No one else was doing it like them 😩I miss After School TT
![]()
I think you underestimate the power of what MASSIVE hits can do. Give It To Me, Expectation and Miniskirt made the sexy concept a trend, which is why all groups started doing it at one point. Apink's massive hits with Mr Chu and LUV in 2014 killed the pattern but SISTAR's summer hit and EXID's viral sensation kept the trend going up until late 2015. GFriend and TWICE's rise in 2015-16 were the last nails to lay the sexy concept to rest in it's coffin for a while. 2017 had AIIYL and Red Flavor, which from what I remember are both cute concepts. Plus 2017 was generally a bad year for groups with IU and Bol4 dominating the charts. Now, a new trend is starting because of BLACKPINK's rise, which is the girl crush concept. It's actually all pretty simple, if you examine how trends work.Those hits were in 2016. Remember in 2017 Gfriend was starting to decline a bit and Signal got all that backlash? Gfriend recovered and Signal won SOTY but those definitely didnt kill sexy. Imo the thing that killed the market was the downfall of the groups I've listed in the OP. Cute concept never went away fully and I do believe Gfriend revived it but not enough for it to erase an entire concept.
Now Blackpink, that's the group that had the impact. Ever since BP debuted they've been breaking records left and right. It's not like companies can just pick up shop and change to girl crush because they feel like it. I feel like Blackpink are the ones who made girl crush profitable from the start of their debut
Can yall take your Male hormones somewhere else?👁👁i can confirm this
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm not underestimating anything. If you read what I said, I mentioned that the downfall of the groups I mentioned in the OP were also a cause of the sexy concept dying. Hits do have an impact but it's about who they're coming from. Idk what the 2017 talk is about. IU and Bol4 take over the charts every year and plenty of groups had huge success in 2017. BTS, EXO, Wanna One, SVT, Mamamoo, etcI think you underestimate the power of what MASSIVE hits can do. Give It To Me, Expectation and Miniskirt made the sexy concept a trend, which is why all groups started doing it at one point. Apink's massive hits with Mr Chu and LUV in 2014 killed the pattern but SISTAR's summer hit and EXID's viral sensation kept the trend going up until late 2015. GFriend and TWICE's rise in 2015-16 were the last nails to lay the sexy concept to rest in it's coffin for a while. 2017 had AIIYL and Red Flavor, which from what I remember are both cute concepts. Plus 2017 was generally a bad year for groups with IU and Bol4 dominating the charts. Now, a new trend is starting because of BLACKPINK's rise, which is the girl crush concept. It's actually all pretty simple, if you examine how trends work.