I Genuinely WANT Pop Punk To Come Back. (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
No lie, I've seen some people saying that it is back.
But it feels like it isn't.
Yes, Olivia Rodrigo's most recent song has the vibe of it.
But her album doesn't.

Yungblud & MGK seem to really be leading it and surprisingly I think Halsey & Miley Cyrus could contribute too.
I know Maggie Lindemann also added too but I don't know how big she is in order to help make a shift in English releases.
I really NEED this sound and style back so badly and for good!

Please if you have any recent releases that give off Pop Punk vibes from the 90's/00's I'd ADORE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!!
:pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart:

Also is their a music or style that you REALLY want to be brought back with a vengence?
​
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: lexus and Ahsoka

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
So do I...
Maggie... Is just... :sj_weary: and her boyfriend is brandon from prettymuch and he's :junweary: too..
Theyre both just... :sanapray:


But back to the thread... Yeah people are saying that here, but it doesn't feel like it at all tbh, might be because I'm older but the new pop punk stuff don't hit me like the old stuff does...
I don't really pay attention to what makes it mainstream though, but it's bound to cycle back to it at some point It always does.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Oh MGK.. Has been doing his weird pop punk the past year or so... There's that...
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@Lovely_Cornchips is probably going to bitch slap me for asking this, but... when you say early 00s pop-punk are you referring to stuff like Avril Lavigne and Blink182?
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,183
Reactions Received
46,848
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
182,344
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Six words, two bands: All Time Low! We the Kings! All Time Low had hits like Dear Maria, Stella, and Break Your Little Heart, and We the Kings had hits like Check Yes Juliet, Heaven Can Wait, and We'll Be a Dream. Check out both of them!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread