18+ I just dropped a friend (2 Viewers)

Joined
7 August 2019
Messages
339
Reactions Received
838
Location
Alethkar
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
And, yet, he can't seem to take a hint.

WARNING: THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE TRIGGERING. IF THIS ISN'T ALLOWED, THEN THE MODS MAY DELETE IT. I JUST NEED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST.

We were in a close group of friends composed mostly of women. He was a part of us because we thought he was "safe". But thinking about it now, our "friendship" was just forged by alcohol. I spent a lot of time with them, making memories out of drunkenness, because I was already a high-functioning alcoholic. I thought I would be able to consider him as a precious friend because we had a lot of "fun" during our multiple spontaneous trips. To tell the truth, we never really connected emotionally because he probably doesn't know anything aside from what is obvious from my louse lifestyle. I actually don't know anything about him aside from his career and his past relationships. We're also from the same university (although we're taking different Master's degrees).

The thing is, we had casual sex the first time we met each other. We were both single at the time. We had a few mutual friends. We met each other at a party and we had sex. A casual sex is just casual sex for me and I can forget about it the following day. I never predicted that we would actually become "closer" than we should be. Throughout this "friendship", we had sex a couple more times. They were all consensual and so it's not hard for me to admit this. I don't know what happened because he suddenly turned into this predator, or maybe he had always been a predator and we just didn't see it for ourselves.

We were warned by his ex-girlfriend that he had a tendency to commit domestic abuse. He had punched her in public before. That was already a red flag but the rest of the group was disbelieving. And then a month after, he harassed a couple of women at the bar we frequented. They filed a case against him (which I no longer have any update of). I was slowly moving to a different group of friends so I didn't really get to hang out with him that time. He also stopped showing up on parties, and pretty much blamed everything on the alcohol. He sent us a message saying he was going to therapy and that he was learning from what he did. I was like, "Okay. Cool. You have to be accountable for what you did. If you are trying to change, then change. But you have to stick it in your head that it's not the alcohol. It's you." He was adamant on proving that it was really just the alcohol and not his entire perception of women. That it's not his character, his personality, his behaviour that is to blame. He told me, "My shrink says I have to lessen my drinking but if I do drink, I should have people guarding me all the time. My brothers will be there." (He's a fraternity member SURPRISE SURPRISE).

Another month passed and we never saw him until we bumped into him while we were on our way to a bar. He was drunk, of course, and he actually had the gall to join us. I was trying to flirt with another guy and so I never really paid any attention to him. He kept pestering me by provoking debates. He would say things that I considered outrageous. And then he started caressing my lower back. He tried holding my hand. He tried placing his hand on my thigh. When I transferred seats because my gay friends noticed my discomfort, he transferred seats as well. I kept slapping his hand away and told him so many times to stop. He kept insisting to share a ride with me. He even followed me to the restroom and knocked so many times on the door while I was inside. We had no choice but to move locations if we didn't want a scandal. My best friend (whom he's also friends with) told him off before we left. Another month passed and if people thought he would learn, we were informed that he tried to force himself in another drunk woman's house.

I'm supposed to be a person of principles. I'm a Socialist Feminist who worked for a women's organization for two years as a junior researcher-writer (I may act like this in forums but I am pretty old and I can be serious when needed). I promote sex positivity but I am also against sexual harassment. I have worked with women who were raped, abused, or harassed. I cannot condone someone who doesn't know the meaning of NO. I cannot spend my time with someone who doesn't respect women. He invited me to a party a week ago which I declined politely and I don't know why I'm so polite with people who don't deserve it. He sent me a friend request yesterday and it made my blood boil. I don't need this kind of person in my life, especially now that I'm trying to turn it around. I've been going to therapy myself because I'm Bipolar. I also haven't drank or smoked for almost three months now. I just got over my suicidal thoughts. I don't need someone who will push me on the edge again.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
sweetheart just do you like you were planing to. as you said you don't need someone like this stressing you out.
just focus on the good things anyway.
and it's great that you don't drink or smoke anymore.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Girl you're doing the right thing. I have so much respect for you. Having to go through that must have been terrible and it makes my blood boil as well because he's doing the same to other women. No means no and everyone should know that. Dropping him is the best decision. I hope the case goes to court because sexual harassment cannot be condoned.

I admire you for having to put up with his actions for so long.
 
Last edited:

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
It sounds like you're taking all of the right steps so far. I don't even think you were wrong to decline the party invite in a polite manner, I think doing it in a more confrontational way would've just caused more drama and stressed you out more plus from the information you've given us, it sounds like his behaviour in escalating and it's probably best not to do anything that might make you a target of his frustrations. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay safe and healthy.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm so proud of you for dropping him girl. I'm glad you don't drink or smoke anymore, doing that can harm your body, as I'm sure you know. I agree with your last paragraph so much, and if you ever need a person to talk to, I'm right here. Stay strong.
 
Joined
7 August 2019
Messages
339
Reactions Received
838
Location
Alethkar
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
sweetheart just do you like you were planing to. as you said you don't need someone like this stressing you out.
just focus on the good things anyway.
and it's great that you don't drink or smoke anymore.
Girl you're doing the right thing. I have so much respect for you. Having to go through that must have been terrible and it makes my blood boil as well because he's doing the same to other women. No means no and everyone should know that. Dropping him is the best decision. I hope the case goes to court because sexual harassment cannot be condoned.

I admire you for having to put up with his actions for so long.
It sounds like you're taking all of the right steps so far. I don't even think you were wrong to decline the party invite in a polite manner, I think doing it in a more confrontational way would've just caused more drama and stressed you out more plus from the information you've given us, it sounds like his behaviour in escalating and it's probably best not to do anything that might make you a target of his frustrations. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay safe and healthy.
I really appreciate all of you and all of what you've told me :'( I'm happy that people understand and I at least have a place I can tell these things to without having to fear that I'm somehow being judged or I'd be casted away. Everyone's been really sweet and I'm sorry that I had to have a kind of meltdown here :(
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I really appreciate all of you and all of what you've told me :'( I'm happy that people understand and I at least have a place I can tell these things to without having to fear that I'm somehow being judged or I'd be casted away. Everyone's been really sweet and I'm sorry that I had to have a kind of meltdown here :(
It's fine, you can vent here anytime!
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I really appreciate all of you and all of what you've told me :'( I'm happy that people understand and I at least have a place I can tell these things to without having to fear that I'm somehow being judged or I'd be casted away. Everyone's been really sweet and I'm sorry that I had to have a kind of meltdown here :(
we're always here <3
it's ok, we understand
 
  • Love
Reactions: PetitBonheur

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread