Appreciation I love introducing new kpop fans to the wonderous history of kpop (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
This is one of the things I LOVE to do (and highkey the biggest reason I go on Omegle)
is to tell newer kpop fans about history of kpop!

I love telling 'em about what a way paving QUEEN BoA is.
I love telling 'em about H.O.T and Sechs Kies duking it out in the late 90s.

Explain to them why SM has so many company stans, but why they are also so hated.
Maybe add in a paragraph or two about DSP and how they used to rule the world. (translate - Korea)
The rise of YG and JYP.

Spice things up with scandals and tragedies, how TVXQ went from 5 to 2, how Ladies Code lost members, how marriage is a crime.

I just ADORE how then those newbie kpop fans are left in awe over how much there has been in kpop.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
back in my cringey new fan days i wrote an essay (3 pages!) on the history of kpop for my teacher

:we_kpopsourcing: what was i thinking lol
I mean I can see that being cringy af!

I mean it is entirely possible to write a non-cringy paper on kpop, like for example.... Fan-culture with it's negative and positive sides; The effect Sasaengs have on idols; How the trainee system works; Why kpop came to be what it is today etc...

But somehow I think... those topics are way beyond even babier you to write non-cringily....
 
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: yeji and mimi_mimi
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I mean I can see that being cringy af!

I mean it is entirely possible to write a non-cringy paper on kpop, like for example.... Fan-culture with it's negative and positive sides; The effect Sasaengs have on idols; How the trainee system works; Why kpop came to be what it is today etc...

But somehow I think... those topics are way beyond even babier you to write non-cringily....
ew, who would ever voluntarily do anything with actual meaning?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
that‘s what I love to do too
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread