ICY's Huge Under-performance After Dalla Dalla ~ (3 Viewers)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I don't like the song at all tbh. I thought it was just cringy so this comeback was definitely disappointing.

However, I actually thought that knetz would like it, but I'm guessing they have mixed feelings about it too?
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't like the song at all tbh. I thought it was just cringy so this comeback was definitely disappointing.

However, I actually thought that knetz would like it, but I'm guessing they have mixed feelings about it too?
From the looks of it, guess so :/
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I really think that knetz just aren’t into it. I do get why since the song can be viewed as confusing for some reason.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Coming from the biggest girl group song of 2019, you'd expect the next single to do well but ICY is plummeting down the charts, fast. Yesterday, they fell four more places on Melon's daily. Hopefully, they stabilize or rise today but things are not looking good for ICY.
1564633443815.png

-
From what I saw on the forum here, most people have "mixed feelings" about the song. Could Korea have had the same reaction? Still, I was expecting an All-Kill or something xD.
Idol groups in general have had a very bad year (with the exception of BTS). Do you think we can attribute ICY's under performance to that as well or maybe it's solely because the song was just not liked?

Albeit, the song is not even a week old yet so it still has time to pull off a rise so I hope Itzy fans don't worry too much.

Thoughts?​
Taeyeon is strong, but melon numbers suck for everyone.
Really since mid April about the time bts came back. Even bts just hit 900k ul if i remember correctly.
Ben had good numbers for a bit as did the drinking song.(btw they are number 3 and 2 atm still )
Taeyeon did not get to 1 mill ul with this. $ seasons is still doing well.
38108


38107

38109

look at these number this is why the monster fan groups like bts and twice have songs still charting top 20-30 after months.

Maybe melon is dying.
With numbers this small I am surprised that some more idol groups have not done well.
or like the Daniel kid.
 
Last edited:

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Apart from the chorus I am struggling to enjoy ICY.... I was hoping that the song would've been like Dalla Dalla and could've been a grower on me. But sadly that just hasn't been the case this time around.


Coming from the biggest girl group song of 2019, you'd expect the next single to do well but ICY is plummeting down the charts, fast. Yesterday, they fell four more places on Melon's daily. Hopefully, they stabilize or rise today but things are not looking good for ICY.
38078

-
From what I saw on the forum here, most people have "mixed feelings" about the song. Could Korea have had the same reaction? Still, I was expecting an All-Kill or something xD.
Idol groups in general have had a very bad year (with the exception of BTS). Do you think we can attribute ICY's under performance to that as well or maybe it's solely because the song was just not liked?

Albeit, the song is not even a week old yet so it still has time to pull off a rise so I hope Itzy fans don't worry too much.

Thoughts?​
Taeyeon is just too powerful..
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and yeji

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Usually Korea’s taste is the opposite of mine so I’m surprised it’s not doing well but the song just isn’t good honestly. I personally also didn’t like Dalla Dalla but that was a bit on the catchier side whereas Icy isn’t even catchy. I’m disappointed since I had high expectations since it’s a summer song (not too high since I didn’t like DD) but it fell way below my expectation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I actually kinda like the song, but I expected a bit more tbh, Dalla Dalla was better imo (and the other songs are not that great, I wanted a strong bside, but I just dont feel them)
maybe they lost their hype a bit? or the song is not very liked?

idol groups are not that strong this year in general
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread