I'm Okay With Accepting It Now (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I have been a KPop fan since late 2011, early 2012 so give or take 7 years now. With the scandal going on
right now it's hard to say that Big Bang is my ultimate group without getting slack, and say that I support the
group as 4 .. no longer 5. Being a fan of Big Bang since I first discovered KPop it is uncomfortable knowing
that a member I had been so fond of could do such things and be a part of such a vile act.

I know a lot of V.I.Ps are defending him right now and I know like me, they might just be in shock or maybe some
truly believe there is no wrong in what he did. But I think I'm finally getting this through to myself that I want to support
my ultimate group because the remaining 4 members are ones that I love very dearly, and while it is sad we have pretty
much lost a member that all V.I.P's may have become very fond of, it's just coming to realize not everyone in the KPop
world is as squeaky clean as they seem and sometimes you're going to be shocked by people you think you like or
even know. I won't say much else on this scandal to avoid bashing, or inciting and whatnot.

I'm not sure why but writing this out feels easier for me to admit and accept it. Anyways, the remaining 4 members
are coming back from the military this year. So I will wish them a peaceful discharge and hope they are able to bounce
back together as 4 and maybe we will see some music in 2020.
​
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Like you, I've been a Kpop fan for almost a decade and tbh I've never seen a scandal on this scale before. For example, did you know the Prime Minister issued a statement on the Gangnam Police basically saying you've embarrassed us, do this investigation properly or else. The scale of this scandal is so big nationally that it's becoming international. What I'm trying to basically say is, VIPs might have to come to terms with the fact that BB might not be able to comeback for a while...
 
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
227
Reactions Received
1,002
Location
exoplanet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It must be incredibly hard to be a fan of someone and then something so horrible is revealed. I can only imagine my reaction if my bias did something like that, it would break my heart and the huge love and respect I had for him would be replaced with disgust. It sucks.

It's good that you've accepted it and focus on the other members instead.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Im not exactly on OT4 corner. Seperate or not, Seungri is always piece of Big Bang for me. Im thinking its more likely other members will focus solo work maybe collabs once a while, i think comeback with 4 would Be too weird for me at least.
In terms of defending Seungri. When its found out what exactly he will done i think people will judge it with their own morals, regardless he will keep some fans either who are on denial or won't care. Im hoping he confesses on what he has done and been part of and faces the consequences.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Im not exactly on OT4 corner. Seperate or not, Seungri is always piece of Big Bang for me. Im thinking its more likely other members will focus solo work maybe collabs once a while, i think comeback with 4 would Be too weird for me at least.
In terms of defending Seungri. When its found out what exactly he will done i think people will judge it with their own morals, regardless he will keep some fans either who are on denial or won't care. Im hoping he confesses on what he has done and been part of and faces the consequences.
It's already been confirmed what he did.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
It has been an unfortunate reminder to all of us that we don't fully know the idols that we support.

I doubt that my bias would ever do something shady or criminal. But I wouldn't say that I am 100% positive that they wouldn't ever do something bad.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't really know what to say, I guess I haven't really considered the majority of VIPs feelings
I've only noticed the ones that are deadset on defending him or the ones that dropped him immediately.
I hope you're okay, I'm sure this stings a lot
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's already been confirmed what he did.
Not exactly? Hes suspect of prostitution with evidence that appears strong. His relation to hidden cams has been bit confusing and idk his ties on what has been happening with Burning Sun. There is still lot to know.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not exactly? Hes suspect of prostitution with evidence that appears strong. His relation to hidden cams has been bit confusing and idk his ties on what has been happening with Burning Sun. There is still lot to know.
He was proven by the police to be in the group chat and the Kakao talk messages were real earlier today. (Or yesterday, if you live in Korea)
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I don't really know what to say, I guess I haven't really considered the majority of VIPs feelings
I've only noticed the ones that are deadset on defending him or the ones that dropped him immediately.
I hope you're okay, I'm sure this stings a lot
Yeah ... I'm not going to lie, having as big of and attachment as I did to Big Bang because they were my first group it truly feels like I have lost something. It was very difficult for me to start accepting things as more information was being released and I realize I was hiding in denial when more things came out about his involvement. I think a lot of V.I.Ps may be suffering the same thing. It just, it feels like I lost someone important as cringey as that sounds. But ... I can't ignore what he was a part of.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
He was proven by the police to be in the group chat and the Kakao talk messages were real earlier today. (Or yesterday, if you live in Korea)
Also kinda, since there was multiple rooms and what i have understable he was not part of the one JJY used to share hidden cam stuff, but apparently commented on hidden cam shared on another room. But i don't know how factual this is.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Also kinda, since there was multiple rooms and what i have understable he was not part of the one JJY used to share hidden cam stuff, but apparently commented on hidden cam shared on another room. But i don't know how factual this is.
I'll make a thread breaking down all of the investigations soon, but the police found that he was in a group chat with some staff members (in which Zico was suspected to be in, but was proven false). There was a group chat in which he watched the video and didn't actually report to the police about, and instead commented on it, which makes him just as disgusting.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah ... I'm not going to lie, having as big of and attachment as I did to Big Bang because they were my first group it truly feels like I have lost something. It was very difficult for me to start accepting things as more information was being released and I realize I was hiding in denial when more things came out about his involvement. I think a lot of V.I.Ps may be suffering the same thing. It just, it feels like I lost someone important as cringey as that sounds. But ... I can't ignore what he was a part of.
It's not cringey at all, thats a really long time to be supporting someone, and without knowing about what he did its easy to grow attached to him.Like it or not he was a part of your life for so many years. I definitely respect you very much for having the strength to get through this all and accept it. :pepeheart:
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
This is the risk of stan culture. You put so much energy and emotion into your favorite idols but you really never know what they're actually like when the camera is off. People forget that most of them train as actors too. Hopefully this whole mess going on right now helps people keep more of a critical distance from celebrities, but somehow I really doubt that will happen. They'll just say, oh, it was just this person or those people, but not my oppar/unnir, and set themselves up for major disappointment down the road. Perhaps it's ironic that I end a post criticizing celeb worship with a quote from an idol, but I guess I'm edgy like that:

 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
These are my exact same feelings OP.

I still hope the remaining 4 don't mix themselves up in any trouble, can come back and work hard for themselves and their fans. BigBang will always have a special place in my heart and never be replaced but I've come to terms with the reality that Seungri is in all likelihood, guilty and must face the consequences of his actions.

It sucks that his deeds will forever be associated with the incomparable legacy BB have already left behind, I wish things were different and I still can't process it completely. But there's no other way to deal with it, I hope time lessens the sting that's all.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
tbh i just feel bad for the four other members. they went to the military and left seungri in charge with keeping up the groups reputation, and he basically dragged them down. if im not wrong the other members have even stated that they dont like the people that seungri were hanging out with from before, its a shame that he didnt just take their advice. but im glad that youve been able to accept what hes done and how your not trying to defend what hes doing.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Like you, I've been a Kpop fan for almost a decade and tbh I've never seen a scandal on this scale before. For example, did you know the Prime Minister issued a statement on the Gangnam Police basically saying you've embarrassed us, do this investigation properly or else. The scale of this scandal is so big nationally that it's becoming international. What I'm trying to basically say is, VIPs might have to come to terms with the fact that BB might not be able to comeback for a while...
Yeah this is what many VIPs (at least non-Korean ones) don't understand. This scandal is a national uproar probably the largest since the former President's. It also touches on hot culturally topics in Korea, mainly corruption and the treatment of women. This goes all the way from porn to rape. From bribery to police collusion. As BIGBANG is the Nation's Boy Band they bare even more responsibility. BIGBANG may be over.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
It really sucks. I've been a Bigbang fan for only 2 years, but I still liked the members a lot. I started watching videos about them and listening to their music and I loved it so much. It's just awful how this is all happening. I'll definitely still support the other 4 members too.
Is it bad that I'm still unsure how to feel about all of this? It's just unbelievable. It all happened so suddenly and so fast. I know that he fucked up pretty badly and that there's no going back. I can barely wrap my head around it....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread