COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Interesting detail about EXO's performance (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I was watching some EXplOration performances... and then I stumbled onto a fancam of Wait that really stuck in my mind. It really showed how professional and amazing EXO really are!

Basically what happens is that in the middle of the performance Suho looses the tune. It's hard to explain what that really means, but basically he can't quite find the note he is supposed to start singing at. (I used to sing in a choir for years and let me tell you... once you loose the tune, finding it again is damn near impossible)

You can hear that at 2:10 Suho misses the note. That is when he first looses the tune
At 2:23 you can see Suho fiddling with his earpiece, most likely trying to hear what others are singing and trying to find the tune, he fails
Right after that Suho comes in at the wrong note, he continues to fiddle with the earpiece

All throughout the performance as it goes on you can hear that Suho doesn't quite find the note in his following parts either. They don't sound as wrong as at 2:23, but his parts still sound a bit off. (For the lack of a better word)

Finally comes the part that impressed me. I mean, loosing the tune is easy to do, but it is not exactly something to be impressed about you know. No, what impressed me is how Chen helps Suho find the tune again! I think most people wouldn't realize what he did, so I wanted to make the post!

At 3:42 Chen sings loud and clear what sounds like an adlib or him just showing off. But if you pay attention him doing that also lets Suho sing that part with him and find the tune again!

So basically Chen noticed Suho having lost the tune and helps Suho find it again without making it noticeable to the audience!

PS: Don't take this too seriously.. I can't actually read Chen's mind and if that is actually what he was doing intentionally. I am also no expert... but still, this is what it sounded like to me!

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
1:58 sehun killing it AS USUAL :sj_weary:
chen's proud face i cannot

at 2:45 chen actually points to his earpiece so you might be right! or that they were all having earpiece issues and he could tell suho was bothered the most. maybe his was the worst issue. anyway still a great performance from all of them.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
1:58 sehun killing it AS USUAL :sj_weary:
chen's proud face i cannot

at 2:45 chen actually points to his earpiece so you might be right! or that they were all having earpiece issues and he could tell suho was bothered the most. maybe his was the worst issue. anyway still a great performance from all of them.
Oh yeah he does!

it's obvious that they are trying to alert the staff or smbdy of the problem without actually attracting any attention from the EXO-ls there!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Chen has a knack of making the most out of situations that happen out of his control. He’s really quick thinking but subtle about it at the same time :maheart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread