Its Only Logical (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
If you could get a book for $3 usd in digital form that would otherwise be $12 if you bought a physical copy, which would you choose? Is physical better and thus you would pay a 300 percent increase? Or would you make the economical decision and buy digital?

Tagging fellow bookworms: @RandAlThor @Lovely_Cornchips @SHlNEE @lexus @bulletproof
 
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
If you could get a book for $3 usd in digital form that would otherwise be $12 if you bought a physical copy, which would you choose? Is physical better and thus you would pay a 300 percent increase? Or would you make the economical decision and buy digital?

Tagging fellow bookworms: @RandAlThor @Lovely_Cornchips @SHlNEE @lexus @bulletproof
Most would say digital
But for the physical one you don't need electricity to be able to read it :ilovebread: :jenniesmug:

Put the book in your bag and no worries when phone batt is low or dead
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,531
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
If you could get a book for $3 usd in digital form that would otherwise be $12 if you bought a physical copy, which would you choose? Is physical better and thus you would pay a 300 percent increase? Or would you make the economical decision and buy digital?

Tagging fellow bookworms: @RandAlThor @Lovely_Cornchips @SHlNEE @lexus @bulletproof
I have never ever bought a digital book and i do not ever plan on doing so.
I did buy a kindle and it is buried under crap somewhere in the house . I got it for mostly Guttenberg project books.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Mmm I do read digital books, but I must admit, I prefer physical, or at least my eyes do :wimwim: so I'd prefer to pay more for the physical if I can
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I've read three digital books my entire life and while it wasn't an awful experience it wasn't great either. A hundred percent I'd get a physical one.

Also....this is weird but I kept having dreams about The Death of Vivek Oji last night and I think that is a sign I need to go and buy it.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
You got a kindle for free :dubuthink:


what made it not great?
It's like holding a thing you can forget you're holding. There isn't the satisfaction of feeling one end get thicker as you get further and further into the book. Kindles are so light I feel like I'd get exhausted from holding something that light weight. I also just hate the way it feels against my eyes when reading from it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,317
Reactions Received
76,678
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,210
Ship
Wreck
I'm not a bookworm myself but I tend to prefer buying physical copies of games although there's usually not really a price difference and they just bundle some extra stuff in the digital however if there's a price difference like that I'd be more tempted to buy the digital version
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not a bookworm myself but I tend to prefer buying physical copies of games although there's usually not really a price difference and they just bundle some extra stuff in the digital however if there's a price difference like that I'd be more tempted to buy the digital version
Your data plan will thank you. Games like RDR2 and Witcher 3 are murder on a 1 tb monthly data plan. lol
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,531
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
You got a kindle for free :dubuthink:


what made it not great?
I got it for the free book in digital format on the project .
There was a time they were putting all old books out there.
Similar to the google project that is shelved (millions of books scanned into a digital library and no one can use it.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
There was a time they were putting all old books out there.
Similar to the google project that is shelved (millions of books scanned into a digital library and no one can use it.
Yeah. I know it. I just thought that you meant they were giving away free kindles. lol... Wait gutenberg isn't a thing anymore. Why can't people use it? Confused :dubuthink:
 
  • Like
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,129
Reactions Received
52,987
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,333
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I have never ever bought a digital book and i do not ever plan on doing so.
I did buy a kindle and it is buried under crap somewhere in the house . I got it for mostly Guttenberg project books.
I read almost the entire Raymond E Feist Midkemia series a few yrs ago in e-book cos i could borrow all the books from the library n read them on my iphone then. This is after stopping at King's Buccaneer, Mara/Empire series when it first came out.

Took me a few mths but it would hv taken longer if i had to read/borrow/buy physical copies when i wasnt even sure id like reading it after so long a break. If Malazan, or other series had been on hand-i might hv read those too. In fact cherryh was but i dint try. Child Reacher, Grisham n Reichs Bones i did read on my iphone. Not as gung ho to read now as concentration is a bit broken for reading. I did read Butcher Dresden latest 2 last year on my android phone tho. Borrowing from the library digitally was easy breezy, if id had to buy physical copy in mid/late 2020 id still be waiting maybe.LOL.

Yeah. I know it. I just thought that you meant they were giving away free kindles. lol... Wait gutenberg isn't a thing anymore. Why can't people use it? Confused :dubuthink:
Gutenberg is still useable, maybe rand is referencing google scanning project tat isnt available cos of lawsuits/concerns about owners surfacing to claim compensaton(iv forgotten the latest updates on this, tho i followed the beginnings n some of the middles/maybe i did read about the end n dint realise it was the end.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For me the object in the shelf is as important or sometimes even more than the content. I really like collecting stuff and having my shelfs filled ^^;
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,531
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I read almost the entire Raymond E Feist Midkemia series a few yrs ago in e-book cos i could borrow all the books from the library n read them on my iphone then. This is after stopping at King's Buccaneer, Mara/Empire series when it first came out.

Took me a few mths but it would hv taken longer if i had to read/borrow/buy physical copies when i wasnt even sure id like reading it after so long a break. If Malazan, or other series had been on hand-i might hv read those too. In fact cherryh was but i dint try. Child Reacher, Grisham n Reichs Bones i did read on my iphone. Not as gung ho to read now as concentration is a bit broken for reading. I did read Butcher Dresden latest 2 last year on my android phone tho. Borrowing from the library digitally was easy breezy, if id had to buy physical copy in mid/late 2020 id still be waiting maybe.LOL.


Gutenberg is still useable, maybe rand is referencing google scanning project tat isnt available cos of lawsuits/concerns about owners surfacing to claim compensaton(iv forgotten the latest updates on this, tho i followed the beginnings n some of the middles/maybe i did read about the end n dint realise it was the end.)
man i love dresden trying to get them all in hard back atm.
have copies of all the books.
malazan is a weird series but interesting. i also own all of them )
 
  • Like
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,129
Reactions Received
52,987
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,333
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
man i love dresden trying to get them all in hard back atm.
have copies of all the books.
malazan is a weird series but interesting. i also own all of them )
Didnt dresden start out in paperback only tho? Are there hardback reprintings of Fool Moon or watever vol 1 is called? I nvr reread dresden so im bad with titles/order of bks/events.

Malazan i started reading gardens of the moon but dint finish b4 i had to return the book (damn, like almost 1 feet thick mmpb) to the library. Not digital. It was not re-borrowable immediately so i lost focus n nvr tried again. I also dint 'get' wat was happening mostly. So i was list in all the convolutions n everything which was a further reason to nvr return to malazan. Rothfuss n Scott Lynch tho i read their first 2 books which were also huge trade paperbacks but more linear storytelling, so im awaiting doors of stone but i uhhm, dint read bk 3 of the gentleman bastards(forgot everything from bk 1 n 2 n dint feel like rereading/starting with bk 3).most fantasy from 2000 onwards has me responding either of those 2 ways.

Only AsoIaF had me buying hc of Feast n Dance with Dragons- i will buy in hc when Winds of Winter finally is out, even if its in 2025. Donaldson had me with Covenant's Last Chronicles but i hardly rmbr wat happened/how it ended. Not fizzle exactly but unexpected in a way tat im great its over but wat just happened.

Pratchett was great tho i think i bought a few of the last books in hc. N tats probably a good stopping point for this rambling post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,531
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Didnt dresden start out in paperback only tho? Are there hardback reprintings of Fool Moon or watever vol 1 is called? I nvr reread dresden so im bad with titles/order of bks/events.

Malazan i started reading gardens of the moon but dint finish b4 i had to return the book (damn, like almost 1 feet thick mmpb) to the library. Not digital. It was not re-borrowable immediately so i lost focus n nvr tried again. I also dint 'get' wat was happening mostly. So i was list in all the convolutions n everything which was a further reason to nvr return to malazan. Rothfuss n Scott Lynch tho i read their first 2 books which were also huge trade paperbacks but more linear storytelling, so im awaiting doors of stone but i uhhm, dint read bk 3 of the gentleman bastards(forgot everything from bk 1 n 2 n dint feel like rereading/starting with bk 3).most fantasy from 2000 onwards has me responding either of those 2 ways.

Only AsoIaF had me buying hc of Feast n Dance with Dragons- i will buy in hc when Winds of Winter finally is out, even if its in 2025. Donaldson had me with Covenant's Last Chronicles but i hardly rmbr wat happened/how it ended. Not fizzle exactly but unexpected in a way tat im great its over but wat just happened.

Pratchett was great tho i think i bought a few of the last books in hc. N tats probably a good stopping point for this rambling post.
Omnibus hard back with sets of three for some of teh early books.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@uwuWinter @RandAlThor nother issue is with some digital "libraries" is that they will have wait lists even though its a digital file...
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread