COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

IZ*ONE after they disband (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
It's been a while since we've had this conversation on this forum (if ever)
Sooooo.... the date is creeping closer and closer, where do you think they'll end up afterwards?

You don't have to talk about every single member like I did, but if you have a thought about even a member or two... chip in!

For me....

SakuNakoHii will go back to HKT48 and AKB48, I can see SakuNako staying there as the top members of HKT, Hii-chan I can see leaving. I don't know if she'll make the jump back to kpop, but I somehow doubt she will stick around in AKB48. The image she has now is just so.... incompatible with what she had back in Team 8, I cannot IMAGINE her back on the team 8 shows!

Yena will most likely end up in Everglow. The members have mentioned being willing to accept her back into the group and I can see her fitting in there really well!

Chaewon and Eunbi.... I've no idea! I would debut them as a duo together tbh, but I feel like Woollim might stick them into Rocket Punch.... I feel like that move wouldn't have the success they hope, so I really hope they won't do that.

Chaeyeon will most likely debut in the WM girlgroup, it's kinda obvious WM has a lineup waiting for Chaeyeon to return! A lot of ppl want her to go solo like Chungha, but I think that wouldn't be quite right for her. I really like her in a group setting so I hope that's the way it goes!

Minju I can see becoming an actress, MAYBE debuting in a group but that would be far into the future

Hyewon.... Youtuber????? Honestly I REALLY cannot see what she would be doing in the future.... Variety show host? Mukbang youtuber?? I mean it would be fun to see her join AKB48, but the chances of THAT happening are very close to 0!

Yujin and Wonyoung will most likely debut in a starship girlgroup some time in the future. I doubt the group will debut that soon after IZ*ONE disbands so we will have to wait for them I think.

Yuri I can see going solo doing ballads and OST's etc.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
...they're going to be iz*gone :yolk:
My IZ*ONE love comes and goes in waves.... smtms I love all of them to bits and could not imagine life without them and other days I'm a Hii-chan and Chaeyeon solo stan who also quite likes Hyewon....

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
I know 0 about this group (Except Minju is hot). And maybe that's a good thing. Why get attached to a group that already had a clock winding down the second they debuted?

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I know 0 about this group (Except Minju is hot). And maybe that's a good thing. Why get attached to a group that already had a clock winding down the second they debuted?
that was me going into IZ*ONE's debut expecting to only really care about Chaeyeon....
I lowkey failed at that....

I still don't really stan most of the members individually (aka I won't watch their solo content), but I fell in love with the group as a whole.

Another interesting thing that happened, is that the member I liked the least when the group started (like to the point I wished she wasn't in the group) is now my favourite after my 2 biases and like the only member beyond my biases whose solo content I actually would give a fuck about.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
that was me going into IZ*ONE's debut expecting to only really care about Chaeyeon....
I lowkey failed at that....

I still don't really stan most of the members individually (aka I won't watch their solo content), but I fell in love with the group as a whole.

Another interesting thing that happened, is that the member I liked the least when the group started (like to the point I wished she wasn't in the group) is now my favourite after my 2 biases and like the only member beyond my biases whose solo content I actually would give a fuck about.
Same thing happened to @RandAlThor . Hes a huge Iz*One fan.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
when izone disbands im locking myself in my room streaming every single one of their songs while i cry
BUT imagine SakuNakoHii going back to an AKB48 variety show all gang gang flexing their korean experience and speaking in korean.....

Reactions Received
KS Coins
BUT imagine SakuNakoHii going back to an AKB48 variety show all gang gang flexing their korean experience and speaking in korean.....
yes BUT im still crying i hope my biases wonyoung, yena, and eunbi get to debut im permanent groups as well as the other girls 😫🤟

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
I think stupid mnet feat companies see it like this:

Ok... if we do renew, the next pd 101 wont be a huge success.
So lets disband them and start a new produce, ig

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Sooooo.... the date is creeping closer and closer, where do you think they'll end up afterwards?

You don't have to talk about every single member like I did, but if you have a thought about even a member or two... chip in!

For me....

SakuNakoHii will go back to HKT48 and AKB48, I can see SakuNako staying there as the top members of HKT, Hii-chan I can see leaving. I don't know if she'll make the jump back to kpop, but I somehow doubt she will stick around in AKB48. The image she has now is just so.... incompatible with what she had back in Team 8, I cannot IMAGINE her back on the team 8 shows!

Yena will most likely end up in Everglow. The members have mentioned being willing to accept her back into the group and I can see her fitting in there really well!

Chaewon and Eunbi.... I've no idea! I would debut them as a duo together tbh, but I feel like Woollim might stick them into Rocket Punch.... I feel like that move wouldn't have the success they hope, so I really hope they won't do that.

Chaeyeon will most likely debut in the WM girlgroup, it's kinda obvious WM has a lineup waiting for Chaeyeon to return! A lot of ppl want her to go solo like Chungha, but I think that wouldn't be quite right for her. I really like her in a group setting so I hope that's the way it goes!

Minju I can see becoming an actress, MAYBE debuting in a group but that would be far into the future

Hyewon.... Youtuber????? Honestly I REALLY cannot see what she would be doing in the future.... Variety show host? Mukbang youtuber?? I mean it would be fun to see her join AKB48, but the chances of THAT happening are very close to 0!

Yujin and Wonyoung will most likely debut in a starship girlgroup some time in the future. I doubt the group will debut that soon after IZ*ONE disbands so we will have to wait for them I think.

Ill repost this

I want a extension desperately, the kids have really been unfortunately restricted.
But what a ride.

I am just sad as i really do not see many of the pieces i will end up following.

Because i do not like massively favoring 1 or 2 girls over the rest of the members, I just do not see how the new groups will be able to cope.

And most kpop solo music i have no interest in.

So i am left with the potential for a huge hole in my heart.

Everglow despite my efforts has become a group i would never want Yena in.

Rocket punch i love but adding Eunbi and Chaewon seems counter productive, and then its an 8 member group like Lovelyz. So maybe just Chaewon and then they have no idea what to do with Eunbi.

Picturing the j line ( Hiichan especially) back into the aks world. (and i just do not see Sakura lasting long there.) Also covid has really hurt aks. I agree Hitomi just does not fit any more.

Chaeyeon will either have to massively step back or she will outshine the WM girls so badly will be worse than having somi in itzy.

Wonyoung and Yujin are weapons grade plutonium strong.

Stone has no where for Yuri.

Minju is so sweet hate to see her disappear into acting.

Hyewon does not even have the Sohye variety deal going for her. I do not remember her doing a solo v live yet. Even Nako and Hitomi have done some.

Its pretty unsettling mostly i just do not trust any of the companies to be able to effectively put the girls is a position to build on this success.

Sakura Nako have deep ties to HKT.

I would prefer just full sister group status and the HKT kids could kennin.

other than that, say a group with the woolims Yena and the 01's would be nice (but again Nako is the issue), and the optics of 7 of the 12 making a group would be interesting. The 01's the most free agent like of all of em. Since the aks kid can declare graduation at any time.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins

For me....

I'm quoting you so I don't forget any of the members lol

I don't know much about 48 groups but I know they are planning a Korean group so isn't there a possibility of the IZ*ONE members being put in that group for a period until the Korean members gain popularity?

I'm with you about Chaewon and Eunbi, the obvious thing seems to be them getting added to Rocket Punch but I feel like that would be a waste unless Woolim starts giving them better songs.

I think Chaeyeon should be put in a group too but I think the important thing is to keep it SMALL!!! 4 or 5 members MAX unless they are God-tier which I doubt seeing the other trainees they sent her on Produce 48 with.

I think Urban Works are probably gonna add Minju into a group with Kriesha Chu from Kpop Star since they have kind of mediaplayed their friendship a bit, I'm assuming that their company are planning on debuting them together at some point...

Isn't Hyewon under the same company OnlyOneOf are under? They have LOONA's orginal creative director, Jaden Jeong so I don't know whether her group will be super successful or not but they will have really good music and super aesthetic MVs for sure!

Yujin and Wonyoung are obviously just gonna be the new main girls in Starships new girl group but after seeing Cravity, I'm not as exciting for them...

You're probably right about Yuri going solo but I'm kind of hoping that they put her in a group with Natty and some of the other reality show trainees that CJ E&M collect lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread